Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Goes along with the theory I'm running with. Bell is about his $. And only that. He will NOT practice regularly for a losing team, further risking injury. He will suit up for games to cash those checks and get his #s up for the next contract. And there is nothing Gase can do about it.

What choice does he have? Bench easily the most accomplished and dangerous weapon he has. Further alienate himself from management and the fan base. If you think the Jets are bad now, see what happens to them without Bell. 

This is actually a good thing for the season and future. Less practice means less wear and tear. It also adds to the possibility Bell gets dealt this spring if Gase somehow sticks around(Chiefs? Texans?). 

• Haha 1

Honestly, I am not sure Bell adds much to this team. They are very bad with Bell. They will be very bad without Bell. He hasn't really done anything meaningful to lead them to a win. It isn't his fault, but a running back with a bad O line and bad QB cannot be effective. 

38 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Goes along with the theory I'm running with. Bell is about his $. And only that. He will NOT practice regularly for a losing team, further risking injury. He will suit up for games to cash those checks and get his #s up for the next contract. And there is nothing Gase can do about it. 

But why do you say this so negatively? Veterans regularly get "maintenance days". Heck, if Bell is listed as limited every Wednesday in practice, do you really think his teammates are going to be upset? I've seen player after player have a maintenance day during the week without fans (real or fantasy) getting up in arms over it.

Have you seen ANYTHING from Bell that suggests he's not giving 100% on the field? Or in the locker room? He came to camp in perfect condition, he's done everything the team has asked of him, and he's been asking for MORE workload on Sundays because he thinks it gives his team a better chance to win. 

He might be all about his $ off the field, but it's not like he's being lazy with his team.

I swear people took last year's drama as evidence that Bell is lazy or doesn't want to play football. I don't think either is the case. He just refused to play on terms that he wasn't comfortable with. He was a good soldier for Pittsburgh the FIRST time they tagged him, but he warned them not to do it again. They did, so he decided not to let them have his services.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

But why do you say this so negatively? Veterans regularly get "maintenance days". Heck, if Bell is listed as limited every Wednesday in practice, do you really think his teammates are going to be upset? I've seen player after player have a maintenance day during the week without fans (real or fantasy) getting up in arms over it.

Have you seen ANYTHING from Bell that suggests he's not giving 100% on the field? Or in the locker room? He came to camp in perfect condition, he's done everything the team has asked of him, and he's been asking for MORE workload on Sundays because he thinks it gives his team a better chance to win. 

He might be all about his $ off the field, but it's not like he's being lazy with his team.

I swear people took last year's drama as evidence that Bell is lazy or doesn't want to play football. I don't think either is the case. He just refused to play on terms that he wasn't comfortable with. He was a good soldier for Pittsburgh the FIRST time they tagged him, but he warned them not to do it again. They did, so he decided not to let them have his services.

Agreed.  Rudi Johnson used to never practice on Wednesdays.  

Powell overtook Monty's role last game. Monty did not have a touch. If Bell is out (highly doubted) I can see split back field with Powell getting early down work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Powell overtook Monty's role last game. Monty did not have a touch. If Bell is out (highly doubted) I can see split back field with Powell getting early down work

I wasn't aware of that - didn't see the game. 

IMO Powell is the superior option to start with. Monty simply cannot take the pounding at RB - that has been proven repeatedly. It's a shame this guy appears to be a true 'tweener' - too slow to play WR, too fragile to stick at RB - because he definitely has talent.

Powell has been spectacular at times and has mostly been held back by lack of snaps. He's a bit prone to injury himself but far more dependable than Monty.

3 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

But why do you say this so negatively?

I did not mean for it to sound so negative. My B. Personally, I have no problem with a player looking after his bottomline and taking precautionary measures to protect his health. I actually applaud it. My point is to give my interpretation of why these random MRIs have popped up and today's news. In a cutthroat league like the NFL, most players don't have/take the option to take MRIs unless it is the most serious injuries. The concern of being replaced stops them from doing that.

Bell is in a different position entirely. And he's one of the few I can recall to have no problem using it. That is not saying he isn't working his a** off on the field. It's saying he isn't willing to take any chances (risking major injury) that could potentially hurt his future contract. IE don't expect him to rush back from any injury like what happened with Barkley. 

1 hour ago, Toomuchsauce said:

which one do you like in PPR?

13 minutes ago, herschel said:

which one do you like in PPR?

neither. its a huge gamble with not much upside starting either. 

BUT if I have to pick one...Monty😬

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/jets-bilal-powell-eclipses-montgomery-as-no-2-back/

Edited by Toomuchsauce

Just now, sasnumberonefan said:

Crisis averted for now I think. Sounds like he'll probably just get some general maintenance/vet rest days for the rest of the season. 

meh, dunno on that ...

the great majority of the time  we see "hopes" or "believes" or "is optimistic" from a coach it rarely ends well 🤷‍♂️

So then who is the add?  Monty (he's hurt, right?), Powell, or Josh Adams?

I don't see Josh Adams leapfrogging Powell, the guy was just on the practice squad.

Jay Ajayi?  Then we would know that the Bell injury is serious.

I think it's Powell. Seems like Ty Mont could be hurt from kick returning duties last game?

This situation is weird and the OL is bad. Hoping Bell is ruled out so I can tease the owner by dangling Powell with something to upgrade at a position.

It also says Bell wanted to practice but, Gase didn't let him. So far all signs point to Bell playing this sunday

1 minute ago, Toomuchsauce said:

It also says Bell wanted to practice but, Gase didn't let him. So far all signs point to Bell playing this sunday

... right, very well could go that way, no one is saying anything concrete otherwise. 

but then it's Sunday at roughly 1:42 p.m., and you check and see that Bell only has 2 pts ... you go to the injury thread and see "Bell left, Q to return"

eff that, boobie 🥺

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... right, very well could go that way, no one is saying anything concrete otherwise. 

but then it's Sunday at roughly 1:42 p.m., and you check and see that Bell only has 2 pts ... you go to the injury thread and see "Bell left, Q to return"

eff that, boobie 🥺

Look on the bright side, he finished the game last week. That would suggest it's not too serious. They just being cautious. I'm starting him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

Look on the bright side, he finished the game last week. That would suggest it's not too serious. They just being cautious. I'm starting him. 

gl to you and all the rest 👍

• Like 1

Im glad nothing serious is wrong and he's expected to play. If things take a turn and he's not in for Sunday I'd probably add Bilal Powell but my roster woukd have to be in really bad shape to actually start Powell.