Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

46 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

To be fair the Steelers haven’t been able to replicate what peak Bell has done since he left. Agree teams should never pay top dollar but at the same time Bell was and is better than a your typical system RB. Connor is probably a good example of a system back. Bells prime was insane. 

The Steelers in those days had the perfect system in place. Amazing route running receiver who could get separation on any intermediate to long route with great hands, great offensive line, a gunslinger qb who was not afraid to challenge you deep. All those pieces worked to give Bell an amazing system to thrive in. Of course, he is also definitely better than your typical system RB.

I don't believe Bell is a system back. I think he's an all world talent at the position....the Jets are just that awful

Barkley is the most naturally gifted RB to hit the league since AP, and he's not doing s--- because the Giants are just terribly bad.

11 hours ago, Klientel said:

I don't believe Bell is a system back. I think he's an all world talent at the position....the Jets are just that awful

Barkley is the most naturally gifted RB to hit the league since AP, and he's not doing s--- because the Giants are just terribly bad.

31 other NFL teams appear to disagree with you.  Those would be every team except for the Jets.  Since no one except for the Jets wanted to sign him.

And now that the Jets are saying that they may try to trade Bell after the season, that number may creeping up towards 32.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Klientel said:

Take two: one of the primary reasons the Jets are awful is that they throw huge dollars after washed up, slow running backs like Le'Veon Bell.

• Haha 1

This game will be very telling. If Adam Gase ops to go pass heavy against arguably the best secondary in the league rather than try to establish a running game, he should be fired before the day is over. 

• Like 1

Brutal. To demonstrate my apprehension regarding Bell this week (post flu + Gase + trade/friction concerns). . . with Evans out, I'm still thinking of benching Bell in favor of some combination of three of Kirk, Parker, Fuller, and Boyd. . . of which two are returning from injury and the third is facing NE. 

I also don't feel great about the Baltimore matchup. Their secondary is so good they are going to challenge the pass hard by stuffing the box full. 

This guys the only "healthy" back right now ..please god at least catch 6 balls tonight

I dont know how anyones playing him tonight unless they have no choice

Im literally taking Laird over him 😗

It's too hard to cap motivation

Guy wants more touches and more glory but coach doesn't want to give it to him...............😢

Edited by mtx

In theory this should be a 10 target game for Bell with about 10-12 rushes sprinkled in unless Gase just completely decides to phase him out

If he can hit 20 touches I think 13-15 points is a safe bet for him. But I wouldnt expect much more than that

Edited by Klientel

22 minutes ago, Klientel said:

In theory this should be a 10 target game for Bell with about 10-12 rushes sprinkled in unless Gase just completely decides to phase him out

If he can hit 20 touches I think 13-15 points is a safe bet for him. But I wouldnt expect much more than that

Not sure if you're talking about ppr, but in my non-ppr he's only had over 13 points once this year lol.

I'm benching him this week. I'm betting he'll have like 13 rushes for 50 yards and 4 receptions for 20 yards. Not betting on a TD.

Is Gase going to go Belicheck on him?  Play him for one snap and then sit him the rest of the game...

If I made playoffs I was planning to go with Chubb and Hunt over Chubb and Bell. And this is in standard.

I just don’t see how you can start Bell tonight. I feel like Powell would get some run after a decent outing last week.

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

Is Gase going to go Belicheck on him?  Play him for one snap and then sit him the rest of the game...

and play Ty Montgomery?  surely would be a one way ticket out of NY....

54 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Can’t decide what to do here...this game and situation scares me..

It all depends on other options....i treat him as mid RB2 in ppr and back end RB2 in non ppr.....all depends on what other options you have.

1 minute ago, tpat30 said:

If I made playoffs I was planning to go with Chubb and Hunt over Chubb and Bell. And this is in standard.

I just don’t see how you can start Bell tonight. I feel like Powell would get some run after a decent outing last week.

Powell is NOT playing .....that's what makes Bell slightly intriguing....emphasizing the word slightly

Bell is intriguing the way a train wreck or a multi-car crash is intriguing.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 904kc said:

This game will be very telling. If Adam Gase ops to go pass heavy against arguably the best secondary in the league rather than try to establish a running game, he should be fired before the day is over. 

As a Fins fan Gase and his play calling become extremely frustrating as the season(s) go on.  He never used any of his RBs in Miami, eventually trading them all away. I don't think there has been a RB he has actually liked using in recent years.

Good luck with Gase....

12 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

As a Fins fan Gase and his play calling become extremely frustrating as the season(s) go on.  He never used any of his RBs in Miami, eventually trading them all away. I don't think there has been a RB he has actually liked using in recent years.

Good luck with Gase....

Well Gase liked Gore last year with Miami.  So you'd think he would like a slow veteran plugger like Bell, too.  Curious.

26 minutes ago, chaosdunk said:

I'm starting singletary over bell and feel decent about it...just impossible to trust in this situation

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Powell is NOT playing .....that's what makes Bell slightly intriguing....emphasizing the word slightly

Oh, didn’t know that. Slightly is right. That’s a tough one. Seems like a low floor and a low ceiling tonight. Guess it depends if you have other guys that will pick up the slack that Bell might produce.

If want a guaranteed 5? 6? Pts in full ppr, I would say Lev Bell is the man for you!