FantasyGeek2018

Corey Kluber 2019 Outlook

55 minutes ago, CAT said:

Huh?  There are numbers other than ERA and WHIP, you know. Far more important numbers, in fact.

I mean we are playing fantasy baseball here so those numbers are among the most important long term.

I get where youre going with it but what numbers before the injury supported him turning things around? We know his velocity is down but are there other numbers supporting this theory? 

Edited by RoadApple

15 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I can't believe people are holding this guy in redraft. I mean, even -if- he recovers from a BROKEN PITCHING ARM back to 100% before the injury, that's still complete trash.

So, no pitcher has ever reclaim the glory in a season?

So If he is garbage today he will always be garbage?  

1 hour ago, CAT said:

Huh?  There are numbers other than ERA and WHIP, you know. Far more important numbers, in fact.

You don’t need to try and get all billy beane on me. Dude has been throwing meatballs over the plate for over a month now and just broke his pitching arm. Spin it however you want but he’s been trash and sometimes over analyzing a piece of poop will give you false hope. 

1 hour ago, CAT said:

You go right ahead and show your work 

2 hours ago, CAT said:

Like what?

His xfip is 4.63

His velocity is down.

His swinging strike and first pitch strike rate are in line with his career.

What numbers are you referring to?

I mean, it's still early enough in the year to do anything more than take these numbers with a grain of salt, but it's all we have. And now he's out for a couple months. 

Being his pitching arm he won't be back for a while. Hoping no surgery is called for. any cutting on a pitching arm or shoulder rarely lets the pitcher return before multiple months.

Any idea who replaces him in the rotation both short term and long term?  Jefry Rodriguez makes sense in the short term but do we think Adam Plutko or Triston McKenzie will get a shot once theyve proven healthy?  It seems like people have forgotten about McKenzie.

I think the catcher change hurt him, too. I heard he raved about Gomes. Not saying that is the main issue, but couldn't have helped.

How long will Kluber be out for? I haven't seen that info anywhere yet. Does anyone have an estimated guess?

3 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

How long will Kluber be out for? I haven't seen that info anywhere yet. Does anyone have an estimated guess?

can only speculate. I think best case might see him pitch in MLB again around week of June 24-30th. edit, again BEST case IMO.

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1

All Star Break is July 9th, my guess is they don't bring him back before then. 12 team league with no IL spots.....Holding for now. He was my 2nd round pick....so we will see how long that lasts. 

Not just a petty gripe but a legitimate curiosity:

Why do teams delay putting someone on the DL when it’s obvious that’s going to happen.  You’d think it would just be a default decision so they can put the replacement on the roster. Or is it just like busywork, the replacement is already on the way, and they procrastinate to make official until the last possible moment? 

I’m hearing on fantasy radio (Sirius xm) that 3 months is best case. 4-6 weeks to heal and 4-6 weeks to get back pitching in mlb. 

And still potential for surgery and done for season. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

20 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I’m hearing on fantasy radio (Sirius xm) that 3 months is best case. 4-6 weeks to heal and 4-6 weeks to get back pitching in mlb. 

And still potential for surgery and done for season. 

I already picked the dates between July 30th- August 3rd before we see Corey 

According to Paul Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Indians are expected to update Corey Kluber's condition on Friday.

The two-time Cy Young winner took a 102 mph line drive off his right arm Wednesday against Miami and was later diagnosed with a non-displaced ulna fracture. Kluber is facing a lengthy absence, with Hoynes suggesting three months as an "optimistic" timeline for his recovery. Fantasy owners counting on Kluber's production will have to make other arrangements.

May 2, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

• Thanks 1

You would have to think 3 months is the best, assuming no setbacks. Tough spot for those in redrafts with limited bench spots. 

So much for the all star break. Looks like early August at the very minimum, if that timetable is confirmed tomorrow hes a drop for me in most formats. No guarantee he comes back and starts dealing either, I'd rather the roster spot for 3 months in most roto leagues.

1 hour ago, AngryBeavers said:

You would have to think 3 months is the best, assuming no setbacks. Tough spot for those in redrafts with limited bench spots. 

Seems like a very easy decision now

21 hours ago, jb_power said:

According to Paul Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Indians are expected to update Corey Kluber's condition on Friday.

The two-time Cy Young winner took a 102 mph line drive off his right arm Wednesday against Miami and was later diagnosed with a non-displaced ulna fracture. Kluber is facing a lengthy absence, with Hoynes suggesting three months as an "optimistic" timeline for his recovery. Fantasy owners counting on Kluber's production will have to make other arrangements.

May 2, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Yeah other arrangements for our high priced/early round pick. No big deal....*jumps off cliff*. Season's over folks.

Can't believe how emotionless he was after it happened, he just stood there like a statue as they checked him out. I mean does he EVER show any emotion good or bad?

MassiveSlipperyCanine-small.gif

Have to think if the bone is healing well (or has healed), he will start working soon. Maybe 3-4 weels out from being back (barring no setbacks)?

Some good news for Kluber...

Corey Kluber (arm) has been cleared to begin strengthening exercises.

Kluber received clearance during a checkup Thursday. He'll be looked at again in another two weeks. Kluber has been out since early May with a non-displaced fracture in his right ulna bone and there remains no timetable for his return.