thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

On 10/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, MJJ28 said:

I said he was an extremely obvious bust candidate.

And you've been wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously it depends on your rosters whether or not you want to roll him out this week, if he's playing. They've already said it would be a committee so he wouldn't play nearly as much as he usually does.

I did read somewhere that SF actually allows a fair share of fantasy points to RBs?

7 minutes ago, Cord said:

Obviously it depends on your rosters whether or not you want to roll him out this week, if he's playing. They've already said it would be a committee so he wouldn't play nearly as much as he usually does.

I did read somewhere that SF actually allows a fair share of fantasy points to RBs?

Not sure where you read that, but San Francisco gives up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to the RB position -- that might be different if they played against C-Mac every week, though

Obviously DJ isn't on CMC's level, but their skill sets are preeeeeetty similar...................................................

Damnit, I'm gonna talk myself into this, aren't I?

So, what are we saying here, that he might actually play (er, I mean be "active") tomorrow night? Wow, OK...as if I haven't been mind f__ked enough this season. Well, I am truly desperate, so if he is active, I'm playing him. Damn the consequences. You all can consider yourselves warned as most of my most difficult decisions have not gone so well for me this season. Just sayin'... 

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

And you've been wrong.

Not really. I advocated selecting Cook, Chubb, Carson, Fournette, Bell, Conner and Mixon over him in this thread.

Sorry you missed out on the top RBs available at DJ’s ADP. Better luck next year.

Edited by MJJ28

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

So, what are we saying here, that he might actually play (er, I mean be "active") tomorrow night? Wow, OK...as if I haven't been mind f__ked enough this season. Well, I am truly desperate, so if he is active, I'm playing him. Damn the consequences. You all can consider yourselves warned as most of my most difficult decisions have not gone so well for me this season. Just sayin'... 

Yes, I think he might play this week. If he does I predict he will be essentially a WR in terms of use. I think they will use the new scrubs to bang against the Siegfried Line of the SF D. I think he could be a reasonable flex RB 3 with upside (passing TD). He can do that, we know he's a really good pass catching RB. Crosses fingers that he might be the sneakiest play of the week! We shall see. Need more info, especially on Thursday afternoon. All this could come crashing down, but I'm hopeful as of tonight. Best of luck fellow DJ owners.

Edited by Blazer
typo

1 minute ago, Blazer said:

Yes, I think he might play this week. If he does I predict he will be essentially a WR in terms of use. I think they will use the new scrubs to bang against the Siegfried Line of the SF D. I think he could be a reasonable flex RB 3 with upside (passing TD). He can do that, we know he's a really good pass catching RB. Crosses fingers that he might be the sneakiest play of the week! We shall see. Need more info, especially on Friday. All this could come crashing down, but I'm hopeful as of tonight. Best of luck fellow DJ owners.

Except Arizona is playing on Thursday night. So unless you have a time machine available, he needs to be on your bench this week.

6 minutes ago, DaileyPrayer said:

Except Arizona is playing on Thursday night. So unless you have a time machine available, he needs to be on your bench this week.

Correct, I meant Thur afternoon.

And, we won't know if he needs to be on our bench until we have more info then and set our rosters.

It's not prudent to set your roster before you have all the info you need. You'll learn that.

Edited by Blazer

No matter who is active for Arizona, you don't want to play them tomorrow night. Imagine how crappy you're gonna feel on Friday and Saturday in that self-fulfilling hole you made for yourself. God I hate Thursday games....

David Johnson is ranked RB11 with being out essentially two games with majority of the backs above him already having their bye.

So I would put him in Tier 2 of RBs

God Tier: CMAC

Tier 1: Cook,  Zeke, Jones, and Chubb 

Tier 2: Fournette, Carson, Conner , DJ, Kamara, Saquon 

Edited by Nguvocity
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

David Johnson is ranked RB11 with being out essentially two games with majority of the backs above him already having their bye.

Barkley is in Tier 2?!

3 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

He would be in tier 2 if he wasn’t injured, the coach wasn’t talking about a committee, and the team didn’t just trade for Kenyan Drake.  Good luck trying to trade him for any of those tier 2 RBs

9 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

Are we starting tonight if he goes?

Hyde is my backup

Good question, I'm hoping he sits rather than plays one snap and then rests the whole remainder of the game. Will play Drake instead.

Edit: And now we have the news DJ is inactive. 

Edited by Jub Jub
Just declared inactive

6 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

Are we starting tonight if he goes?

Hyde is my backup

He's not going according to Schefter

And f--- no if he is playing.

he was out on the field running routes, then testing the ankle ... was close, but no dice - would expect him to go next week 🤷‍♂️