thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

The way its shaping up i see this being a 1a 1b situation with Edmonds in the far back

Yeah, because if the trend continues they won't have to rely solely on DJ. They started to get that with Edmonds before he got hurt. But the people talking about DJ losing his position in the hierarchy are crazy. They don't pay DJ the amount they do to be second fiddle.

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight, but could somebody who did explain what happened here please?

Drake basically had a better game than DJ has all season. In his first game. Against SF’s elite D.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight, but could somebody who did explain what happened here please?

Drake basically had a better game than DJ has all season. In his first game. Against SF’s elite D.

Drake looks good. Commitee going foward when DJ is back

Yeah he just put up a bigger fantasy night than DJ has all season. That’s a big yikes from me dawg. Did it on extreme efficiency as well

The concern is real.

He is still their best back with pass catching abilities down the field. This game really just proves Drake will take Edmonds role. If they really didn't want him they would of shopped him for a trade

This is a good situation for DJ.

Their running game and offense needs to click for teams to let Cliff do what he does best, scheme. All this does is open up the field for a ton more short passes to the RBs and heavy usage either down or up in the game. But I too love a good RW overreaction like anyone, so comment along...

• Like 1

I get the feeling DJ is going to be the passing down RB now. 

Drake looked infinitely better as a runner and against an elite defense. 

Chase looked like a dude running through giant lanes against bad teams.

Drake legitimately looked like a talented runner. AKA what Edmonds truthers imagined he was after the Giants game.

I'm concerned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atrium said:

Drake has fresh legs, that’s what happened.  And SF was in a letdown spot in a short week.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

This bum can be safely dropped now.

I dare you.  Post screenshots of you backing it up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ukdesi said:

Sooo depending on your options, might be starting both drake and DJ in the future...

Very much so.

I don't know my head from a hole in the wall but I think they would be wise to split DJ out wide and have Drake at RB. Have them on the field together

• Like 4

Gotta figure DJ retains redzone and pass-catching work at least. Still think he gets slightly more work just because the team is always behind/loves to pass.

DJ will get plenty of work when he is deemed healthy. They don't pay him the big bucks to sit. If he wasn't highly talented then that would be another story. 60/40 for DJ/Drake I can see with Edmonds getting pushed to the bench for now. Or like Cleats said, using them as split backs with DJ in a receiver role.

Edited by FitzMagic

I wonder what AZ is going to do with this guy...injury prone unreliable 1 good season with his backups and now drake outplaying him...

Just now, phegotgame14 said:

I wonder what AZ is going to do with this guy...injury prone unreliable 1 good season with his backups and now drake outplaying him...

Split him out as a WR with Drake at RB

Any rumors on when DJ will be back?

Anyone expecting him next week?

Drake looked great.....for all the hate on the Cardinals O-line, the run game sure looked nice last night.

1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

Any rumors on when DJ will be back?

Anyone expecting him next week?

Drake looked great.....for all the hate on the Cardinals O-line, the run game sure looked nice last night.

I think Drake can hit holes better than DJ. When DJ messed up his knee he lost that burst. He's still a great player but he's not the one he used to be between the tackles. And I think Drake is better than Edmonds. Edmonds had trouble running the ball against better defenses too.

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I think Drake can hit holes better than DJ. When DJ messed up his knee he lost that burst. He's still a great player but he's not the one he used to be between the tackles. And I think Drake is better than Edmonds. Edmonds had trouble running the ball against better defenses too.

I suppose we can be positive and hope that w/ Drake in the lineup the Cardinals will move the ball better and have longer possessions/goal line opportunities that would potentially also benefit DJ. DJ also can stay fresh w/out having to bang up the middle....

LOL maybe I'm grasping at straws here, but what else can we do?

• Like 1

DJ may have gotten his chain snatched last night.  This is not good, fellas. 

I hope if they want to go to Drake in the backfield more, they just put DJ in the slot rather than the sideline.  If Kliff is the offensive guru he's made out to be, I think he could put together some pretty cool s--- with DJ and Drake on the field at the same time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

This is a good situation for DJ.

Their running game and offense needs to click for teams to let Cliff do what he does best, scheme. All this does is open up the field for a ton more short passes to the RBs and heavy usage either down or up in the game. But I too love a good RW overreaction like anyone, so comment along...

LOL, I don't own Johnson, but I used to own Chase so I would watch there games. The value of johnson was the amount of touches he would get. You can't say have a three man committee isn't going to damper Johnsons value. Johnson is basically Tevin Coleman and Drake is Brieda. Yeah he will have some nice games, but good luck on the week when he pulls a coleman like last night. 

• Haha 1