thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

LOL, I don't own Johnson, but I used to own Chase so I would watch there games. The value of johnson was the amount of touches he would get. You can't say have a three man committee isn't going to damper Johnsons value. Johnson is basically Tevin Coleman and Drake is Brieda. Yeah he will have some nice games, but good luck on the week when he pulls a coleman like last night. 

With that said, is Edmonds droppable?

Drake for sure has the most "juice" out of all of them.

Adam Gase and current Dolphins coaches are so dumb, geez louise.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, austin316 said:

With that said, is Edmonds droppable?

 

Dude he was droppable the second they traded for Drake after he got injured.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

LOL, I don't own Johnson, but I used to own Chase so I would watch there games. The value of johnson was the amount of touches he would get. You can't say have a three man committee isn't going to damper Johnsons value. Johnson is basically Tevin Coleman and Drake is Brieda. Yeah he will have some nice games, but good luck on the week when he pulls a coleman like last night. 

 

DJ's had more yards and TDs through the Air than ground this year. This actually might be best case scenaro for DJ. He won't be needed to run up the gut which could save him for more potential injuries. I don't think he needs the volume to produce stats like most RB's, if they can key in on his receiving skills he's still gold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, austin316 said:

With that said, is Edmonds droppable?

Drake for sure has the most "juice" out of all of them.

Adam Gase and current Dolphins coaches are so dumb, geez louise.

The Coleman/Breida comparison in the quote laughable. Two different philosophies on offense. That aside, I don't believe Chase holds much value at this point. He will likely be out past the bye anyway. That's just my guess. I certainly couldn't justify holding him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 11:19 PM, atrium said:

Yeah he just put up a bigger fantasy night than DJ has all season. That’s a big yikes from me dawg. Did it on extreme efficiency as well

 

The concern is real.

 

Not true. DJ's wk 6 was bigger. So prone to hyperbole. Drake got 84% of the snaps. When DJ is healthy enough to get that, he'll be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Not true. DJ's wk 6 was bigger. So prone to hyperbole. Drake got 84% of the snaps. When DJ is healthy enough to get that, he'll be fine.


Latavius Murray put up bigger numbers two weeks in a row. No one is saying Murray is going to takeover the starting role lol.

 

Murray is also only 1 point behind Kamara...

 

If DJ is healthy, they will roll with him. And line him out wide. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Not true. DJ's wk 6 was bigger. So prone to hyperbole. Drake got 84% of the snaps. When DJ is healthy enough to get that, he'll be fine.


he won’t be getting that, barring injury to drake.   No reason to.   He’s dealing with multiple injuries and others have proven to be just as effective.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 12:44 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

LOL, I don't own Johnson, but I used to own Chase so I would watch there games. The value of johnson was the amount of touches he would get. You can't say have a three man committee isn't going to damper Johnsons value. Johnson is basically Tevin Coleman and Drake is Brieda. Yeah he will have some nice games, but good luck on the week when he pulls a coleman like last night. 

9ers backfield is exactly what I thought of too. Could argue Edmonds has Mostert type of value when healthy. 

As for DJ, his value definitely takes a hit. Volume is king in FF and he won't be getting that moving forward with Drake now involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dynasty and keeper league owners - time to move on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 12:37 AM, Nguvocity said:


Latavius Murray put up bigger numbers two weeks in a row. No one is saying Murray is going to takeover the starting role lol.

 

Murray is also only 1 point behind Kamara...

 

If DJ is healthy, they will roll with him. And line him out wide. 

 

I wouldn’t say no one...go check out the Kamara thread lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/03/david-johnsons-contract-protects-him-in-2020/

David Johnson’s contract protects him in 2020

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2019, 1:15 PM EST
 

With Chase Edmonds and newcomer Kenyan Drake getting it done for the Cardinals, it’s easy to wonder whether running back David Johnson has become a luxury the Arizona Cardinals can no longer afford. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, that decision for 2020 already has been made.

The contract that Johnson signed just before the 2018 season fully guaranteed half of his $10.2 million salary for 2020 at signing. The other half became fully guaranteed earlier this year. So he’s getting $10.2 million next year, even if the Cardinals conclude that Johnson isn’t the best option to be the No. 1 tailback, on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

It gets better (actually worse) for the Cardinals. Next March, $2.1 million of Johnson’s 2021 salary becomes fully guaranteed, ensuring that he’ll get paid by the team even if they decide after 2020 to move on.

Meanwhile, Edmonds will make $660,000 next year and $750,000 in 2021.

It’s a great deal for Johnson, and it underscores the importance of having rolling guarantees that vest a year early. Plenty of contracts have that, but many don’t. If Johnson’s deal didn’t, he’d be in real danger of being cut before March, when his $10.2 million would have otherwise become fully guaranteed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/03/david-johnsons-contract-protects-him-in-2020/

David Johnson’s contract protects him in 2020

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2019, 1:15 PM EST
 

With Chase Edmonds and newcomer Kenyan Drake getting it done for the Cardinals, it’s easy to wonder whether running back David Johnson has become a luxury the Arizona Cardinals can no longer afford. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, that decision for 2020 already has been made.

The contract that Johnson signed just before the 2018 season fully guaranteed half of his $10.2 million salary for 2020 at signing. The other half became fully guaranteed earlier this year. So he’s getting $10.2 million next year, even if the Cardinals conclude that Johnson isn’t the best option to be the No. 1 tailback, on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

It gets better (actually worse) for the Cardinals. Next March, $2.1 million of Johnson’s 2021 salary becomes fully guaranteed, ensuring that he’ll get paid by the team even if they decide after 2020 to move on.

Meanwhile, Edmonds will make $660,000 next year and $750,000 in 2021.

It’s a great deal for Johnson, and it underscores the importance of having rolling guarantees that vest a year early. Plenty of contracts have that, but many don’t. If Johnson’s deal didn’t, he’d be in real danger of being cut before March, when his $10.2 million would have otherwise become fully guaranteed.

 

Still possible to trade him in the offseason.  That’s a very trade-able contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Hopefully he comes back healthy and strong this week.

Serious. Anyone have thoughts on the workload this week? Seems like he’s had plenty of time to get healthy?

 

60/40 split in favor of DJ, with the majority of passing work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need all playmakers on deck. Kirk has just returned from injury, Fitz hasn't been targeted a lot recently. All other WRs have disappointed thus far. Isabella got that 88 yd TD but he barely saw the field before and after. Their TE group must be the most dreadful one in the league. Bottom line, I would expect a lot of dual usage with DJ and Drake on the field. Both can run, both are good receivers. DJ actually a great receiver. On 3rd downs I fully expect one of them split out wide. Would guess 60:40 or 70:30 split for DJ, but in reality it could look like 80:60 in terms of 100% offensive snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake absolutely destroys his value. I'm not saying he's unstartable, but my guess is he goes from low-end RB1 to the RB2/Flex territory now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Drake absolutely destroys his value. I'm not saying he's unstartable, but my guess is he goes from low-end RB1 to the RB2/Flex territory now. 

How? DJ was receiving more than anything. Arizona isn't exactly killing it at WR. Since both are dual threat RBs, I'd imagine a lot of pro formation.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

How? DJ was receiving more than anything. Arizona isn't exactly killing it at WR. Since both are dual threat RBs, I'd imagine a lot of pro formation.

DJ was a bellcow. He's in a split now. Just for the sake of discussion let's say Drake gets around 8-12 touches. DJ isn't gonna make that up with a couple of extra routes. 

And to be honest, Drake looked MUCH better than DJ. It would not surprise me to see a full blown committee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

DJ was a bellcow. He's in a split now. Just for the sake of discussion let's say Drake gets around 8-12 touches. DJ isn't gonna make that up with a couple of extra routes. 

And to be honest, Drake looked MUCH better than DJ. It would not surprise me to see a full blown committee. 

I do believe he'll cede 8-12 touches to Drake.

 

Edmonds had 7 & 11 touches last two games DJ played a full game. DJ put up 18 and 28 in those games. He'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Anyone starting DJ is desperate for RB's

(Raises hand)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.