thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

No longer worried about career 12 carry per game Drake that every coach hates for some reason.

Just now, Pooskay said:

Drake was just hyped up playing for a new team in a prime-time spot. He will level off and come back to reality.

DJ is the main guy here.

That's what I'm thinking, too, but the coaching staff knows it also has 2 other capable backs in Drake and Edmonds when he's healthy so if DJ falters, Kingsbury won't be afraid to go to a full-blown committee.

11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I wouldn’t feel good about this guy at all this week. 

In standard leagues I might agree with you but not in PPR.  In PPR, I think he'll be fine and put up rb2 numbers at the least this week.

Edited by sjm76

2 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He’ll get injured in this game. Book it. Obviously the cards don’t think he can last the whole year as well or else they wouldn’t have traded for Drake 

You the same guy that said Chase Edmonds was a stud and not injury prone like DJ?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You the same guy that said Chase Edmonds was a stud and not injury prone like DJ?

Chase is a stud. He would have easily been a rb1 ros if season if he didn’t get injured. How are you gonna call someone injury prone when this is their first injury 

• Haha 1

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

Chase is a stud. He would have easily been a rb1 ros if season if he didn’t get injured. How are you gonna call someone injury prone when this is their first injury 

Against the leagues worst run defenses he was sure.

He would not have easily been an RB1 because he was never that good and DJ was coming back.

How are you gonna call DJ injury prone when he's already shown he can last full seasons worth of punishment against stacked boxes? Is the freak wrist dislocation considered enough to make him injury prone? Is Dalvin Cook injury prone this season? When you say injury prone I think Will Fuller, not David Johnson.

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Against the leagues worst run defenses he was sure.

He would not have easily been an RB1 because he was never that good and DJ was coming back.

How are you gonna call DJ injury prone when he's already shown he can last full seasons worth of punishment against stacked boxes? Is the freak wrist dislocation considered enough to make him injury prone? Is Dalvin Cook injury prone this season? When you say injury prone I think Will Fuller, not David Johnson.

Because Dj has been injured the last 3 years like Will fuller? I’m not making this up. Google it lol 

you need to watch more tape of chase. The guy is a stud 

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

you need to watch more tape of chase

I did. It's him running through gigantic holes and occasionally making 1 cut. There's a reason he didn't take the lead back job last year or this past offseason, it's because DJ is better at basically everything. 

15 hours ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Unbelievable.  Still talking about Edmonds.  I thought the trade had more to do with Edmonds than DJ. But carry on. 

Some people just can't let go of their waiver wire flash in the pan RBs. They're all literally the next Kamara.

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Chase Edmonds is not a stud and neither is Drake.

The only stud is DJ. 

in 2015, yes. 

• Like 1

Just now, chargahs said:

in 2015, yes. 

But DJ was coming off the board in the 1st and 2nd round this year...hmmmmmm

Just now, Pooskay said:

Not only that but he was basically playing up to his ADP. Some people on this forum just want starting RBs to fail when they own backups lol

• Like 2

Just now, Pooskay said:

where he was drafted doesn’t make him a stud. production and consistency makes him a stud. maybe next year in Tampa Bay

1 minute ago, chargahs said:

where he was drafted doesn’t make him a stud. production and consistency makes him a stud. maybe next year in Tampa Bay

He puts up consistent numbers when he's not hurt. He's been a stud every year since 2015.

Just now, Pooskay said:

He puts up consistent numbers when he's not hurt. He's been a stud every year since 2015.

he’s been hurt. that would mean he’s been inconsistent. 

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not only that but he was basically playing up to his ADP. Some people on this forum just want starting RBs to fail when they own backups lol

This is a freaking epidemic on these boards. Objectivity just goes out the window.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, chargahs said:

he’s been hurt. that would mean he’s been inconsistent. 

Yeah drop Saquon down your draft board next year too.

Should cede goaline rushes to Drake which hurts his value but helps that he will be catching more passes now as a psuedo WR. It's beneficial to the offense to have Drake and DJ on the field at the same time. Gives the defenses a lot to try and think about. Passes to DJ, option with Drake and Murray, a rush for Drake.

Cardinals offense looked amazing with Drake only being there a few days. I'll be shocked if Kingsbury isn't scheming these guys on the field together quite a bit.

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Should cede goaline rushes to Drake which hurts his value but helps that he will be catching more passes now as a psuedo WR. It's beneficial to the offense to have Drake and DJ on the field at the same time. Gives the defenses a lot to try and think about. Passes to DJ, option with Drake and Murray, a rush for Drake.

Cardinals offense looked amazing with Drake only being there a few days. I'll be shocked if Kingsbury isn't scheming these guys on the field together quite a bit.

Cede goal line rushes to Drake? Why would you suggests that? DJ isn't a small RB. Drake 6'1" 211. DJ 6'1" 224.