thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Q Dog said:

Cede goal line rushes to Drake? Why would you suggests that? DJ isn't a small RB. Drake 6'1" 211. DJ 6'1" 224.

Not big enough a difference in size to really matter. I'll be interested to see how this pans out as DJ has been fairly pedestrian between the tackles this year. The danger here is Drake catching lightning in a bottle on a series and the Cards deciding to give him more work in game. 

Edited by LongBalls

22 minutes ago, Q Dog said:

Cede goal line rushes to Drake? Why would you suggests that? DJ isn't a small RB. Drake 6'1" 211. DJ 6'1" 224.

DJ has been absolutely horrible rushing the ball this year. The only reason why he’s still in the picture is because of his pass catching ability

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Ryansm11 said:

I wouldn’t feel good about this guy at all this week. 

Didnt you also say that starting Drake last week was a bad idea?

as for draft position, maybe he should have gone at the end of the first round. i took him #7 overall so it felt alright. many leagues weren't drafting him as a top 5 player anyway. but he's still getting a lot of volume.

also, i think there's a lot of... different views on david johnsons potential that's causing disagreement. i think there's people who think he can return to 2016 glory days and i think those days are gone. he still should be an above average back that gets a ton of carries though. 

fingers crossed he gets good playing time tomorrow, and at full health. we will see.

4 hours ago, ed06288 said:

also, i think there's a lot of... different views on david johnsons potential that's causing disagreement. i think there's people who think he can return to 2016 glory days and i think those days are gone. he still should be an above average back that gets a ton of carries though. 

fingers crossed he gets good playing time tomorrow, and at full health. we will see.

I think he will see many more passing targets and many less rushing attempts.

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Yes lol can’t believe he shred the 49ers

On 11/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Pooskay said:

He puts up consistent numbers when he's not hurt. He's been a stud every year since 2015.

how refreshing

On 11/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, joshua18 said:

Not true. DJ's wk 6 was bigger. So prone to hyperbole. Drake got 84% of the snaps. When DJ is healthy enough to get that, he'll be fine.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I can’t believe what happened today. I don’t even think it was health related, I think the coaching staff just thinks Drakes better. That fumble did not help DJ’s cause I didn’t see him back in at all after that

Edited by TrueToTheBlue

Drake with the jaw-dropping 6 yards on 5 catches. Clearly deserved the targets more than DJ.

Hard to tell what’s the issue with him, I’ll lean toward injuries but starting to wonder if that amazing season way back was actually an anomaly. Either way he’s probably a 3rd rounder at best next year

I’m honestly surprised there isn’t more panic in here. I watched the game today and this looks like Drake’s backfield moving forward

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, joshua18 said:

See I’m not always wrong lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I’m honestly surprised there isn’t more panic in here. I watched the game today and this looks like Drake’s backfield moving forward

This. 100% this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

He's got to be hurt.

12 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

They ran the ball 15 times and had Murray throw 44x. It's not like Drake was out there balling. None of the RBs did squat. Clearly DJ is not 100%. But I love how you continue to ignore the fact that he was a top 8 RB for the entire first half of the season and then come out and talk trash when he gets injured.

Really sounds like a lot of excuses here.

At this point DJ appears to be toast. He is an aging, past prime player on a rebuilding team. He isn’t part of their future, and he appears to have lost his job. He had a nice start to the season, through a little bit of smoke and mirrors, but it looks like he is done.

• Like 1