thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

Also, when Edmunds gets healthy, this will become a nightmare rbbc. 

nah Edmunds is the back up 

29 minutes ago, stevieglick said:

Trying to trade this BUM at all cost. I have 4 trades on the table to ship him out of town. I honestly think he ends up getting IR'd before the season is over. Just a hunch.

I agree.  Something smells way off here when you look at the big picture.  Trading for Drake, missed games, terrible game and usage yesterday.  He just doesn't seem healthy.

Maybe he can get right by Week 13 but he's pretty shaky.

I think Drake's presence lit a fire under DJ and he returned too soon, still not healthy. And that's on top of looking slow, off, etc

I was just about to hit the panic button. Then I saw that Barkley had 1 yard on 13 carries this week and reconsidered.

• Like 2

Tampa Bay's run defense is very tough.  Kenyan Drake didn't do much better with his carries so I wouldn't put that much stock into yesterday.

Edited by sjm76

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Tampa Bay's run defense is very tough.  Kenyan Drake didn't do much better with his carries so I wouldn't put that much stock into yesterday.

It's been said before, but it isn't the rushing stats that are the concern. He was not strong this year running the ball. His stats came from receiving. He wasn't even involved much there yesterday. That's the concern. Outside of Detroit and Cincy matchups, he has been ineffective as a runner. He has been very dangerous as a receiver.

8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The issue is actually how he looked if you watched the game. He was clearly playing through something ... didn't look right at all. If he is 100% healthy as claimed ... then he's got bigger problems (i.e. breaking down). I can't imagine he's not hurt, though.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I was just about to hit the panic button. Then I saw that Barkley had 1 yard on 13 carries this week and reconsidered.

1. The Giants didn’t just trade for a talented RB

2. Barkley didn’t just cede the majority of the RB touches to that talented RB

3. Barkley didn’t look like he had a refrigerator strapped to his back

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

they should sit him through bye and let drake handle SF again. They didn't even utilize DJ through the air where he is a weapon.. something seems off. Lets hope a couple more weeks gets this STUD right for the championship stretch

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

This.

Jets stacked the box against the Giants all game too and dared Jones to beat them. While Jones had a very nice game (300 yards and 4 TDs) the Jets still won by fully committing to slowing down Barkley from start to finish. The Bucs didn’t need to do that vs. Arizona. Even when he is fully healthy (which he clearly isn’t right now) David Johnson isn’t nearly as physically talented as Saquon Barkley is. This is a complete apples and oranges comparison (the one you replied to) that makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Point being that RBs have bad games even when healthy (or mostly). DJ clearly wasn't and the matchup was terrible on top of it. Kingsbury giving him only 1 target in the passing game was absolute garbage though especially considering Drake got all of 6 yards on 6 receptions in his place. 

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Point being that RBs have bad games even when healthy (or mostly). DJ clearly wasn't and the matchup was terrible on top of it. Kingsbury giving him only 1 target in the passing game was absolute garbage though especially considering Drake got all of 6 yards on 6 receptions in his place. 

You were saying how you weren’t worried about DJ because people aren’t worried about Barkley who also had a bad game.

But all bad games aren’t the same - DJ looked like a slug and was losing substantial work to a talented RB they just traded for.

• Like 1

Johnson was drafted by many including myself to be our rb1 and now it looks like he won't be very useful at all down the stretch as we near the fantasy playoffs.  Hopefully he can get healthy by then so he can at least be a serviceable rb2 in PPR.

Edited by sjm76

Gotta bench him next week. As noted above a solid RB#1 for several weeks and now still injured plus RBBC ... ugh. Plus, playing @SF next week. Brutal. DJ party bus is officially out of gas, parked on the side of the road and for sale. SMH

10 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

😂

Edited by atrium

Big issue for those still in playoff contention is not only that DJ was an epic bust in recent weeks, but that he is playing @SF and then has a bye. After the negative points nightmare against the Bucs, nobody should start him against the 49ers. You can probably find a better option on the WW right now in 12 team leagues. Then bye week. That's 2 lost weeks in the midst of the playoff battle. Most trade deadlines are this or next week. Can't start, can't trade. Shopping him around in a very competitive league and the best offer I could get was Cole Beasley, and only because the owner is stacked at WR lol. Sad times...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Big issue for those still in playoff contention is not only that DJ was an epic bust in recent weeks, but that he is playing @SF and then has a bye. After the negative points nightmare against the Bucs, nobody should start him against the 49ers. You can probably find a better option on the WW right now in 12 team leagues. Then bye week. That's 2 lost weeks in the midst of the playoff battle. Most trade deadlines are this or next week. Can't start, can't trade. Shopping him around in a very competitive league and the best offer I could get was Cole Beasley, and only because the owner is stacked at WR lol. Sad times...

Take Beasley. You would be fleecing that dude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Has a Top 5 pick ever been droppable due to poor performance in the history of FF?

2013 TRich comes to mind

Yahoo still has him on the "Can't Cut" list. That has to change as he is almost worthless now. It is pretty clear that Kingsbury is going to go with Drake as the lead. I can't believe what it has come to with my 1st rd pick. Things were great early in the season and to look at the situation now is just deflating. My record pretty much reflects this spiral from 1st to on the outside looking in. I wouldn't be shocked if DJ retires after this season. I believe his wife wanted him to after his knee injury and he decided to come back.

3 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Has a Top 5 pick ever been droppable due to poor performance in the history of FF?

Eddie Lacy

• Haha 1