thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Hmm

I wanted to dispute this, so I went to pro football reference to look up the 2016 rushing leaders...

It didn't go well.  Not sure you're right about DJ, but you're definitely right about the RBs that year.

1. Zeke

2. Jordan Howard

3. DeMarco Murray

4. Ajayi

5. Bell

6. McCoy

7. DJ

8. Blount's

9. Freeman

10. Lamar Miller

Mark Ingram and Frank Gore were the only other 1,000+ yard rushers, with Gordon and Hyde coming close.

Yikes!

dude DJ in 2016 had 2118 all purpose yards and 20 TDs.. GTFO 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

f--- the Cardinals

"Also said he’s been thinking too much about which hole to hit instead of being decisive". Are we talking about football here? There typically aren't that many holes to hit in football. Maybe home life is really calling.

Edited by FitzMagic

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

"Also said he’s been thinking too much about which hole to hit instead of being decisive". Are we talking about football here? There typically aren't that many holes to hit in football. Maybe home life is really calling.

5 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

dude DJ in 2016 had 2118 all purpose yards and 20 TDs.. GTFO 

To clarify, I wanted to dispute that DJ stood out as the best athlete at his position mostly due to the relative lack of talent at RB.

RB was ugly

DJ was a beast

• Like 1

I'm sure we can find 100 clips of tampa D truckin over RBs this year... Didnt Barkley rush 8 times for 10 yards against TB earlier this year? lol

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Yeah, I just hope Meghan Brock is doing okay with David's indecisiveness.

I mean, who has the stones to start him this week, that's all I'm saying?! Hopefully he's just ready for Week 14-16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I'm gonna start him mostly because I believe Cardinals have a shot at winning, and if that happens chances are this one ends up being a high scoring game.

Unless AP sits. In that case I'll take a risk with Guice.

37 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, who has the stones to start him this week, that's all I'm saying?! Hopefully he's just ready for Week 14-16.

There's no way I can start him this week. Starting Mostert over him. We've reached the lowest of the low. 😞

I'm not even going to think about starting him again until after the bye and that's if he isn't placed on IR.  A lot of his owners are probably in must-win games to try to make the playoffs and it's way too risky to start him this week.  Hopefully he is healthy in time for the fantasy playoffs and is at least in a 50/50 committee.  I think that's the best we can hope for right now.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Yup, this week's matchup against SF is actually a blessing, because it clears any doubt that he's not startable. Plus, if the 9ers get their heads out of their butt they should be able to contain Drake, and keep him from running away with the competition. I don't fault any Defense for a poor Thursday nite showing, I expect much harder resistance for Drake this week.

Being a DJ owner and trying my hardest to unload him but being stuck now, that's the best case scenario. Rest up for the bye week and be ready to give RB2 #s for the fantasy playoffs. Here's to hoping. 

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Believe it or not, me. Maybe. And, for two reasons really. One, I've just had this nagging feeling he's gonna pop-off this week. This would be especially true if I were to bench him based on the way my season has gone...LOL! But, with D-Mo pulling the Q tag this week, I may have to start DJ or Drake. And, I'm actually thinking about starting them both (one as RB2 the other as a Flex). Terrible match up I know, and he's killed me twice already, but I may just roll the dice and say screw it. 

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Believe it or not, me. Maybe. And, for two reasons really. One, I've just had this nagging feeling he's gonna pop-off this week. This would be especially true if I were to bench him based on the way my season has gone...LOL! But, with D-Mo pulling the Q tag this week, I may have to start DJ or Drake. And, I'm actually thinking about starting them both (one as RB2 the other as a Flex). Terrible match up I know, and he's killed me twice already, but I may just roll the dice and say screw it. 

Don't do it 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigslick631 said:

Did he forget how to play football?? 

No, but he touched the ball 373 times in 2016. Hasn’t been the same since. 

3 hours ago, RyanK said:

There's no way I can start him this week. Starting Mostert over him. We've reached the lowest of the low. 😞

My nick for that guy is MustStart (in case of emergency). When given 9 or more carries he's hit 4 points (TB) once and then 21 and 12. If the Q tag he has is removed I think he's a good flex play. However, as tough as the match up against SF is backs have had some success. If DJ is healthy he could surprise with a flex-like outcome. Problem is we don't know if he's still a bit gimpy. Coach says he will use both backs. So, last week he used DJ to apparently help him move his piano on his back around the field. This week, moving the coach's pool table? It's a gamble and I have not decided yet on sit/start/or ask him to help me move.

4 hours ago, RyanK said:

same

I don't think the Cardinals are done monkeying around with availability of their backs.

It's been less than a month since we had the DJ-Edmonds switcheroo vs NYG.  It would not surprise me in the least for DJ to suddenly have a better game than Drake on Sunday.

He's got to show something before I consider starting him again. This whole blind faith thing hasn't been working out too well.

“Floats like a moth, agile as a sloth”

-Muhammed Ali if he was still with us if asked to describe present day DJ

• Haha 2

Drake going to start. 

5 for 15 yards

2 rec for 10 yards 

Day is coming. And that is probably his ceiling. Non starting. Against a good D. 

b86dde9915dfaaa2db1fc8b53ec58ddd.jpg