thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Anyone else starting to think that one year was a fluke?

If you think about it, outside of 2016 we barely have any proof this guy is the stud he supposedly is. We could have all just been baited year after year. 

Last season the team was horrible. The coach didn’t last the whole season. Their “prize” rookie QB didn’t last the season and got traded away AND now can’t even beat out Fitzmagic on a rebuilding/tanking team. But DJ was putting up numbers that should be in everyone’s lineups every week:

940/7 TDs

50rec/446/3 TDs 

This season, week 1-6, before his “back injury” popped up on the news. He put up these stats in standard Yahoo Pro leagues:

W1: 22.70

W2: 7.90 

W3: 15.50

W4: 17.90

W5: 17.10

W6: 25.20

Those are not CMac or Cook numbers but they are damn good! 

So that is the reason why a lot of people are holding on. I am convinced that he is hurt. It is not a question of talent but rather health. I just get frustrated with the fact that DJ himself keep insisting he is healthy and even proclaimed himself 100% (bullcraps) and his team keep on dressing him up and left him on the bench. 

tldr; 

I think DJ is still the most talented RB on the team. 

I hope he can get healthy enough for the people that managed to get by without DJ and will need him for the playoffs.

You can’t drop. You can’t start. Just gotta hold and see. Good luck to us. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He’s obviously hurt. Of course he looks terrible and is barely getting any snaps.

No doubt in my mind.  You can see the lack of burst and ability to cut/ power through tackles.   Might want to just shut him down for a few weeks-  or the season.  Whatever it takes.  

Being written off is nothing new for DJ.   Let’s hope it drives him as it always has.  

52 minutes ago, ginocan said:

I hope he can get healthy enough for the people that managed to get by without DJ and will need him for the playoffs

If he is indeed hurt, then why is he playing any snaps at all? Supposedly he was in there for a couple snaps and didn't get the ball. Do the AZ coaches really think that SF seeing Johnson in the backfield is going to disrupt the defense or something? 

Arizona needs to just shut him down.  They're not going anywhere this season, but due to his contract they are married to DJ.  Might as well let him get healthy (and, oh yeah, end the suffering to our fantasy seasons).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Arizona needs to just shut him down.  They're not going anywhere this season, but due to his contract they are married to DJ.  Might as well let him get healthy (and, oh yeah, end the suffering to our fantasy seasons).

Agreed. Unless they plan on locking up Kenyan Drake, they should just get some mileage out of him before he hits free agency and just let DJ rest up. Not sure how his finances are, but I don't know if I could leave that kind of money on the table regardless, otherwise I'd think DJ would just retire after this year. But they still owe him a ton of money, so I'd ride the pine and collect a check if I had to.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

I dropped him. Really don't see him being added given the recent performances and bye week ahead.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cord said:

I dropped him. Really don't see him being added given the recent performances and bye week ahead.

Yeah, they are clearly telling him to go away. It's really dirty if you ask me. The guy has been nothing but professional. Total disrespect to let this guy Kingsbury, with his clown offense, run him out of town. If he's healthy he should have been more involved. They keep claiming he's healthy. I mean, obviously he's not but they need to stop lying about it. If he's healthy play him. If he's not, then shut him down.

Edited by FitzMagic

Like I said earlier Kingsbury needs to prove he's not a complete joke before he starts blatantly lying about player injuries and gameday status.

46 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Like I said earlier Kingsbury needs to prove he's not a complete joke before he starts blatantly lying about player injuries and gameday status.

Kingsbury probably wants him gone. Regardless, it's silly to build a team around a RB these days. Cards would have been better off letting him leave in free agency imo.

I think the sad truth is that he’s not injured, he’s just lost a step. He looks like a linebacker and moves like a lineman. Even before his injuries he looked like a slug. Still a great pass catcher though

1 hour ago, Squats&Milk said:

How you going to just let someone take your job DJ.

Didnt DJ get Paid this past year? 

7 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Didnt DJ get Paid this past year? 

Yes, $30M guaranteed. And I get what your saying and agree.

However, from a self respect and competitive mindset, how you going to LET another man TAKE your job!

30 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Yes, $30M guaranteed. And I get what your saying and agree.

However, from a self respect and competitive mindset, how you going to LET another man TAKE your job!

Not his fault his 1st year HC likes the smell of his own farts.

David Johnson has to be the most disappointing fantasy player other than maybe AJG and Andrew Luck who retired before the season started. many owners selected him in the 1st round and he hit a wall. I mean losing his job to Kenyan Drake. 

I know some are dropping. I'm holding until after the bye to see if there is any hope for DJ production for the FF playoffs. Who knows, but I would hate to drop him now and then "something" happens and DJ is playing and popping off 17 to 20+ FF points again (against me if I drop now).

It only takez a Drake injury to make DJ relevant again..

Wow..cant believe it has come to that. low low looowwwwww

DJ wtf happened man? C'Mon Man!

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Not his fault his 1st year HC likes the smell of his own farts.

Not gonna lie, I like the smell of mine as well. I thought everybody liked their own brand?

On topic though, Kingsbury is a douche.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blazer said:

I know some are dropping. I'm holding until after the bye to see if there is any hope for DJ production for the FF playoffs. Who knows, but I would hate to drop him now and then "something" happens and DJ is playing and popping off 17 to 20+ FF points again (against me if I drop now).

That's possible but unlikely at this point. I think people have to see the writing on the wall and believe their eyes. DJ has lost a step. He's slow and is playing without conviction. I can't see him getting the workhorse role back, which is what made up the majority of his value in the first place. Might as well take a flier on some other high end handcuffs

18 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

That's possible but unlikely at this point. I think people have to see the writing on the wall and believe their eyes. DJ has lost a step. He's slow and is playing without conviction. I can't see him getting the workhorse role back, which is what made up the majority of his value in the first place. Might as well take a flier on some other high end handcuffs

I think it depends on your league. I have him in a deep league that hordes RBs. If he comes back after the bye and only produces flex numbers he's worth keeping in my situation. But, in other leagues where you have RB/WR 3/4/5s stashes and some options on the WW, yep I would pick up some of the elite handcuffs as we move to the FF playoffs. On that note, I think RB LM would be a top option since NOs seems content to run K into the ground. He's the best candidate to break IMO if they keep pushing him.

20 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Sorry but this is ridiculous. The man was averaging 4 YPC and 20 ppg in ppr prior to his injury. Since then, nothing. He never looked or performed sluggish prior to the injury. Now the injury may be the injury that basically ends him but I can't see that or they would've IRd him. Its more likely that he hasn't been fully healthy since the injury happened. Until I see him get the snap percentage he was getting pre injury, hes still someone worth gambling on if you have the room IMO.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:24 PM, sSektor said:

[belichek] lol  [/belichek]