thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

On 11/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, SmileyFace8 said:

David Johnson has to be the most disappointing fantasy player other than maybe AJG and Andrew Luck who retired before the season started. many owners selected him in the 1st round and he hit a wall. I mean losing his job to Kenyan Drake. 

You're insane.

Sincerely,

Barkley and Mixon owners. 

21 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

That's possible but unlikely at this point. I think people have to see the writing on the wall and believe their eyes. DJ has lost a step. He's slow and is playing without conviction. I can't see him getting the workhorse role back, which is what made up the majority of his value in the first place. Might as well take a flier on some other high end handcuffs

This much was obvious last season. Going into this season I didn't even have him ranked in the first round of our 20-team PPR league. Looks like I made the right call there.

DJ hit our waiver wire this week, and I intend to let him sit there for my part. Someone might pick him up intentionally giving themselves a headache the rest of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

This much was obvious last season. Going into this season I didn't even have him ranked in the first round of our 20-team PPR league. Looks like I made the right call there.

DJ hit our waiver wire this week, and I intend to let him sit there for my part. Someone might pick him up intentionally giving themselves a headache the rest of the season.

Who on your bench are you keeping over DJ.? Id pick him up and see what happens

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Who on your bench are you keeping over DJ.? Id pick him up and see what happens

No thanks. I don't see him having another relevant fantasy game this season.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

You're insane.

Sincerely,

Well at least both of those players are still starters and haven't lost their job to freaking Kenyan Drake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bomont said:

You're insane.

Sincerely,

not the last 3 weeks 😝

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

not the last 3 weeks 😝

Don't jinx us please, thank you!

15 hours ago, Jags02 said:

You made the right call, but not for the right reasons. Even though DJ did look like he lost a step, he was still producing solid fantasy value and was an RB1 like he was drafted to be. He wasn't a bad pick at the time, volume is king in FF. That he got hurt and they traded for Drake, was not something that could be predicted.

And for the people who say that DJ hasn't lost a step, watch the game. And compare it to 2016. Or just visit a Cardinals fanbase page like Reddit, they're as down on him as fantasy owners are and they watch every game. He doesn't look close to the RB he was in 2016.

• Like 1

Cardinals should just release David Johnson then, he was super solid the first 6 weeks and now the 39 million guy gets relegated to 3rd stringer what???? Kliff Kingsbury needs to go asap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sjs1890 said:

Cardinals should just release David Johnson then, he was super solid the first 6 weeks and now the 39 million guy gets relegated to 3rd stringer what???? Kliff Kingsbury needs to go asap.

Kingsbury needs to go? DJ is slow as molasses with no burst and average tackle breaking ability.. Kingsbury has breathed new life into this offense and has consistently put up points weekly against some of the tougher defenses in football. Drake and Edmonds are both better than DJ at this point. Kingsbury will be in Glendale far longer than David Johnson will.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

I honestly don't think he's healthy. Klingsbury has a history of being sketchy with his injury reporting so I'm not sure any of us know the full David Johnson story. Like you said, he looked fine earlier in the year and he's not old enough to justify this kind of decline unless he's trying to play through some type of injury. 

In all honesty though the league should really look into Klingsbury's handling of the injury report. It's fine if he wants to not disclose the news until right before kickoff, but at that point it has to come out. I don't think he's being forthcoming with his reporting at all, which isn't strategic it's just him being a dick. 

Long term, I don't see Kingsbury offense working in the NFL, unless he's somehow able to turn Murray into Lamar Jackson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Debating dropping DJ. For those that have, how did it feel? Is dropping the consensus here?

It feels like taking a huge dump after work.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Debating dropping DJ. For those that have, how did it feel? Is dropping the consensus here?

Dropped him because thinking brain says duh, it’s Drake’s backfield now, get over it.  Feeling brain is like,  “but but but he was our most expensive player, it’s not FAIR”. Depends on the league, but the odds that he’ll come out and make you sad you dropped him don’t look good 

Not dropping. All the AZ RBs are now healthy. Holding for the playoff run. No one has any idea what this backfield will look like going forward. My guess would be Drake #1, DJ #2. So, if DJ can produce at least good flex numbers why drop him? If Drake gets hurt who's on the WW better than DJ? No one.

50 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

It feels like taking a huge dump after work.   

spacer.pngspacer.png

They're going to have to re-do how RBs are paid.

• Like 3

The only thing stopping me from dropping him is he's had 3 weeks to rest and renew and we need new/more information to see what happens i.e. Week 13

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 7:00 AM, SmileyFace8 said:

Well at least both of those players are still starters and haven't lost their job to freaking Kenyan Drake.

But both of those players haven't done nearly as well for most of the season overall. If you could trade all weekly performances of DJ for those of Barkley or Mixon, you're saying you'd do it? 

And yeah, they're starting - and killing owners who dare to expect more than 5-10 pts. At least with DJ you KNOW not to start him. Barkley and Mixon kill teams because you're scared to ditch them and they start living back up to their potential. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:36 AM, dashoe said:

not the last 3 weeks 😝

:lol: Thank you Capt Obvious!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Proteus said:

Glad he at least got paid a bit. Guy's gone from a "Tier 1 RB 1" to "almost no touches" without a major injury (that we know of) in 12 months. At this rate he'll be out of the league in a season or two or scrounging for a spot like Ajayi. The rate at which this league churns through running backs is absurd. 

9 hours ago, Proteus said:

You could almost say that about every position.

Lookot geoff, going to go downs as one of worst guarantees ever. They need to get rid of the cap so misyakes like this wo t hold a team hostage for years.

6 hours ago, yossarian said:

Glad he at least got paid a bit. Guy's gone from a "Tier 1 RB 1" to "almost no touches" without a major injury (that we know of) in 12 months. At this rate he'll be out of the league in a season or two or scrounging for a spot like Ajayi. The rate at which this league churns through running backs is absurd. 

Overreaction theater.  He's clearly hurt.  You don't go from being a top-8 RB to no touches in 3 weeks otherwise. 

10 hours ago, Proteus said:

Sorry running backs.  Some of you will get paid by stupid organizations (Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Steelers) but smart teams are going to refresh with younger players every three or four years.  If you want to try to be the next Gore or AD we have the veteran minimum to offer up.

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sorry running backs.  Some of you will get paid by stupid organizations (Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Steelers) but smart teams are going to refresh with younger players every three or four years.  If you want to try to be the next Gore or AD we have the veteran minimum to offer up.

Or they will be just drafted in the 1st round by smart organizations like NE, run into the ground en route to winning it all (i.e. Michel) and then replaced in 4 years -- 5 if they are good.

• Like 1