thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

Kingsbury will not take his bell cow off the field (history has shown him to do operate in the manner when one of his backs is a superior talent), and Murry will have to learn to check down more than he did in college, or he will not last. Also, beyond DJ, CKirk and to a lessor extent LarryF, who exactly are the play makers on this team? Kingsbury will have to utilize/lean on his best player(s), and in multiple ways/schemes/formations (run/pass), if he wishes to succeed both on the offensive side of the ball (which he a has a proven track record), and in the win/loss column.

In what was considered to be a horrifically down year, DJ was the 9th ranked RB overall in PPR, and 11th overall in pts/game. I'll gladly take the discount and bank on the upside of increased production based on a superior offensive mind in AZ for 2019.

*hind sight is 20/20, but another 4pts/game last season and the guy would have ranked 6th overall and within 20pts of the top 5, just speculation, but...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tHe0racLE said:

I like the value of getting DJ late 1st more than I do drafting Mccaffrey 4th.

Lmao what?

21 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Lmao what?

I think he is referring to a snake draft he will get the better sum total with wrap around so DJ as his rb1 who can potentially put up equal if not better production than cmc  plus a top 5 wr or another potential rb1. whereas with taking cmc 4th your 2nd pick wont be  the  equivalent of his 2nd round pick.

Basically his 1st two picks combined should outperform your 2 picks is the view.

prmary reason I went full auction mode, snake daft is nothing more than a function of the existing order of ADP, not what you think a player is actually worth

1 hour ago, tHe0racLE said:

Ya, I'm all in on DJ this year I think.

14 hours ago, tHe0racLE said:

Not in PPR no way. 

I like DJ this season though. To me hes the 8th pick with Connor being 7. No way im passing up either of those guys for a WR in round 1.

22 hours ago, tHe0racLE said:

No way, give me CMC all day. I'm taking the overall #1 RB and the guy breaking records over the older RB that we haven't seen play well in 3 years.

Yeah there is no comparison in terms of value proposition of CMC at #4(a huge value for a tier 1 player) or David Johnson late 1st(say #9) for a low end RB1. Just think for a second, would you rather have a combo like CMC + Evans or DJ + JuJu? This isn’t even close. CMC + Evans by a country mile.

Basically, CMC at #4 value equals DJ mid to late 2nd round roughly, maybe #16-18. Really I think CMC should be #2-3 on average in the tier with Barkley, Zeke, and Kamara, and DJ should also be bumped up a few slots to his real value in the #12-14 range just ahead of Cook and Mixon, but if we are saying CMC at #4, it is such a value it is equal to DJ at mid to late 2nd.

At that point you would be comparing CMC + Evans with something like Hopkins + DJ, which is much more equal.

Edited by elroypedro

if they keep Rosen and dont draft Murray im selling DJ 

34 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Is Murray a better blocker?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Rosen is more than competent. The offensive scheme they put together last season was a joke. Kliff will fix that in 2019.

• Thanks 1

crap...im dumb. forgot they have a new coach. all in again..

35 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Rosen is more than competent. The offensive scheme they put together last season was a joke. Kliff will fix that in 2019.

Is Kliff a good blocker?

15 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Is Kliff a good blocker?

No but perhaps he can better build schemes to mask blocking deficiencies/get DJ into space than the bozos last year.

I'm not that high on CMC as you are, because I think his production will drop a decent lot. (nice wording here, but i mean he still will be a RB1, but he won't be the runaway #1)

(I stated why earlier this year)

Also Rosen or Murray doesn't make a difference for me with DJ. (I still think the Murray story is a huge smoke screen) If you put any QB on that Cards team from last year, you will see them have their worst career year.

In my eyes - if DJ's ADP stays around pick 10-15 - is one of the best value picks in the draft.

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

No but perhaps he can better build schemes to mask blocking deficiencies/get DJ into space than the bozos last year.

Possible, but not worth using one’s top pick imo

14 hours ago, psygolf said:

Is Kliff a good blocker?

Average to decent, not great, not like Bilichick 

David Johnson could drop pretty far this year with so many big names at the top of the draft board.  Late 2nd would probably be a pretty good bargain.

8 hours ago, psygolf said:

Possible, but not worth using one’s top pick imo

I have him 6th I believe. Would take Saquan/Nuk/Kamara/CmC/Zeke over him. Obviously super early and the draft hasn't even happened.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

David Johnson could drop pretty far this year with so many big names at the top of the draft board.  Late 2nd would probably be a pretty good bargain.

He's already at 1.10 at FFC. I'm assuming he stays around the 1/2 turn.

FWIW, I started mocking a lot on FFC and I dont think i've seen DJ go in the second yet.  If he did, it was at the turn or maybe the next pick following.  

For me, among the top 25 players, i dont see as much scarcity with WR's as I do RB's, so if that's a majority opinion, DJ will stay a top 12 pick in most drafts.    

On 4/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, Mr2Saint said:

I agree that the scheme was terrible but Rosen is NOT competent and the film suggests that. He's basically Cutler 2.0. He has everything you need to be a competent QB yet at the same time he has nothing that you need to be a competent QB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

What are your thoughts on DJ playing with Murray?

Great.

Rosen was awful and incompetent. Murray doesn't even have to be great. His running ability will open up the run game alone (see Lamar Jackson). Plus, I think Murray will be quite a good NFL QB. Either way, things are coming together well for DJ. 

• Like 2