thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

On 11/28/2019 at 6:31 AM, smeeze said:

Ok. Anybody with eyeballs could tell you that DJ was one of the most dominant football players on the planet that year, and the year prior. 

It's obvious he's lost his mojo, but calling one of the greatest fantasy football seasons of all time a fluke is just disingenuous. Put some respect on his name!

And dynamic.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:31 AM, smeeze said:

Ok. Anybody with eyeballs could tell you that DJ was one of the most dominant football players on the planet that year, and the year prior. 

It's obvious he's lost his mojo, but calling one of the greatest fantasy football seasons of all time a fluke is just disingenuous. Put some respect on his name!

I never called his season a fluke. That was someone that posted before me. All I did was point out that due to his usage that season it was damn near impossible for him to not have accrued a high number of yards as evidenced in the link I provided.

37 minutes ago, austin316 said:

how did DJ look?

Like he didn't get enough carries to do anything meaningful. Drake again didn't do anything either. Kingsbury is in way over his head.

Can’t imagine starting him in the playoffs with this kind of usage/ineffectiveness. Such a disappointment this year. Hope you guys have other optiond

1 hour ago, atdharris said:

It really looks like the DJ era in Arizona is over. 

Probably over in general.  Banged up and 28 in a couple weeks.  

Stick a fork in him for this season... Even if he is ever deemed 100%, can't trust him or Kingsbury with fantasy season on the line. Trust broken.

• Like 1

Can't believe Klownsbury turned on the franchise RB and wasted a 5th rounder on a guy that's had 1 good game (on a thursday night when he didn't play the previous week) and done basically nothing since. Absolute joke of a HC.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, atdharris said:

It really looks like the DJ era in Arizona is over. 

Really is amazing how quickly his stock tumbled.  I really have to wonder if he's truly healthy or not or if there are other things behind the scenes going on.  Maybe there are contract incentives they're trying to keep him from or something....IDK.  I'd think he could at least be useful as a receiving RB if he were indeed healthy.

Thankfully, I was never into him at his ADP this year.  From my perspective he was coming up on 28, only had 1 good season to his credit and has been an injury risk.  Tough to justify that as a top 10 fantasy pick IMO.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

DJ and Saquon Barkley were the biggest busts in fantasy this year imo.

DJs play was actually carryover from last year. He was okay last year but clearly wasn't the same player prior to his injury. This year he is even worse. I bought into the year-two from injury thinking. I thought he might get some of his past self back. What really hurts him now is Drake being there. DJ is still a good receiver so I don't know why Kingsbury has relegated him to second string. He went from RB1 to RB5 production with a Thanos snap.

Droppable in 10 teamer? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

10 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Droppable in 10 teamer? [...]

I did two weeks ago and no one has picked him up. 

DJ will be  trade target of mine in my dynasty off season. I think he rebounds next year on the cards or new team

41 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

DJ will be  trade target of mine in my dynasty off season. I think he rebounds next year on the cards or new team

Really, really doubt a new team trades for him with THAT contract.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Really, really doubt a new team trades for him with THAT contract.

me too...actually , but, do we all think he plays like crap or is not used next year again?

On 12/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, DiddleThatKitty said:

You mean his wrist injury? lol

its Hard to believe a guy goes from elite to sucks over nite.

The knee.

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

me too...actually , but, do we all think he plays like crap or is not used next year again?

I think he's fine, just not in that offense. If I were him I'd just keep showing up to collect on that fat contract. Arizona has to pay him a lot regardless if he's cut. But if they aren't going to use him, just let him go.

He's sitting on waivers. Can't believe it.

Any chance there is some meaningful production to close out the year?

I am holding for one more week because Drake looked bad too. Maybe Kingsbury gets DJ involved in the passing game more in a Hunt role.

If there are decent RBs on your waiver I'd probably drop DJ but my RBs are really bad so DJ is worth a hold in the small chance he gets more work going forward.

If he duds another week then i'm done

In any 12 team or deeper leagues that DJ was dropped you need to pick him up. With byes over and in the playoffs drop any tier 3/4/5 RB/WR and any extra kickers and Ds you may have been holding. Arz offense right now is a disaster. They need to go back to DJ and he still has tremendous upside if the idiot HC will feature him. HC is on the hot seat, play and feature DJ to keep your job.

My gut tells me DJ should be a surprise FF playoff hero. The coach could frak that up, but DJs worth a stash.

• Haha 2