thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 12/3/2019 at 8:09 PM, Blazer said:

In any 12 team or deeper leagues that DJ was dropped you need to pick him up. With byes over and in the playoffs drop any tier 3/4/5 RB/WR and any extra kickers and Ds you may have been holding. Arz offense right now is a disaster. They need to go back to DJ and he still has tremendous upside if the idiot HC will feature him. HC is on the hot seat, play and feature DJ to keep your job.

My gut tells me DJ should be a surprise FF playoff hero. The coach could frak that up, but DJs worth a stash.


Have you been watching the past 2+ months?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, Blazer said:

In any 12 team or deeper leagues that DJ was dropped you need to pick him up. With byes over and in the playoffs drop any tier 3/4/5 RB/WR and any extra kickers and Ds you may have been holding. Arz offense right now is a disaster. They need to go back to DJ and he still has tremendous upside if the idiot HC will feature him. HC is on the hot seat, play and feature DJ to keep your job.

My gut tells me DJ should be a surprise FF playoff hero. The coach could frak that up, but DJs worth a stash.


Agree with the first part it’s not a bad speculative add....and we’ve seen crazier situations produce meaningful fantasy points down the stretch.  There’s a chance he looks better any week now.   Guys don’t go from mega talent to scrub overnight for no reason-  and his health is only improving.  One good game-  hell-  one good quarter and he’ll regain a large portion of his role . 

But....

then you go off the rails.   This has nothing to do with the coaching,  DJ simply hasn’t been good.  He looks hurt and out of game shape.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let's say he has a good game. Is anyone willing to start him the next week if Drake is healthy? I can't risk my chances in the playoffs with him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It absolutely sucks to drop DJ, but like others have mentioned, you can't trust him right now. You sure as hell can't trust this coaching staff either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 6:47 AM, BradMaddox said:


Have you been watching the past 2+ months?

 

That poster clearly hasn't. DJ is running with concrete boots on for whatever reason right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up just in case a miracle happens. Either he wakes up or a Drake injury. 

 

I still believe 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

I picked him up just in case a miracle happens. Either he wakes up or a Drake injury. 

 

I still believe 😕

 

You forgot the 3rd and least likely scenario: Kingsbury becomes competent and goes back to what actually won games early in the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Shoot Kingsbury into the freaking stratosphere

DJ gets 11+ points (std)? WTF is the coach's plan here? Drake has done nothing since his first game.

Today's game which they lost badly:

Kenyan Drake -- Rushing: 11 for 37 avg 3.4 no TDs. Receptions: 3-30 avg 10.0 no TDs.

DJ -- Rushing 3 for 19 avg 6.3 no TDs. Receptions: 2-34 avg 17 1 TD.

So coach, why have you benched DJ for Drake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

And commit ff suicide? 
 

No thanks

Lol I know. But need someone in flex..

options

hollywood, J.brown or Shady.

going by what mixon did to the browns. Maybe DJ can salvage another TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jalallar said:

Lol I know. But need someone in flex..

options

hollywood, J.brown or Shady.

going by what mixon did to the browns. Maybe DJ can salvage another TD

DJ is flex worthy but a gamble. The issue is no one knows what the HC will do with usage. He got 11 points (std) last week with only 5 touches. That's risky if the coach is going to stay with only a few touches for DJ while Drake gets 15 or so. If the HC would announce something on more usage, that would help. I did not see the game either but press reports were that DJ looked fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Blazer said:

DJ is flex worthy but a gamble. The issue is no one knows what the HC will do with usage. He got 11 points (std) last week with only 5 touches. That's risky if the coach is going to stay with only a few touches for DJ while Drake gets 15 or so. If the HC would announce something on more usage, that would help. I did not see the game either but press reports were that DJ looked fine.

bcuz he got a fluke td

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has two years left on his deal and his base doubles to 10m next year. It’s going to be interesting what they do with him can’t cut him dead money will be over 20m can’t trade him at 10 m a year and drake is a free agent that they will look to resign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dude has two years left on his deal and his base doubles to 10m next year. It’s going to be interesting what they do with him can’t cut him dead money will be over 20m can’t trade him at 10 m a year and drake is a free agent that they will look to resign. 

Like u said-  can’t cut or trade him.  He’s on the team for at least one more season.   They’ll probably pay Drake too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/steve-keim-david-johnson-just-one-of-many-players-being-evaluated

As for the offseason -- and with Johnson carrying a contract with enough guaranteed money that it would seem like that Johnson will remain in Arizona -- Keim wasn't saying one way or the other when it came to Johnson's future with the Cardinals.

"Those are the kind of conversations that will certainly be held internally," Keim said. "I'm not going to have them on the radio. I will say this: We'll take a deep dive into this roster and take a look at every guy. Not only their contract situation but as I said earlier, identifying the core of players moving forward and making sure we can build around them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChinaPat said:

I think DJ is comeback of the year candidate next year.  He is too good and too young not to be an impact player again

 

Would have to be on another team IMO. I just don't think he fits the mold of what Kingsbury wants in a RB. Drake's a better fit and I'm guessing gets a new contract with them. Think they'll be looking to move DJ in the off-season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to DJ’s contract, they could just be increasing interest in Drake to inflate his trade value. They will take a huge bath if they cut DJ, and trading him at 10 million a year will not be easy. If they were interested in trading him at all, they would be doing everything they could to showcase his abilities hoping some team would jump on a trade next year. Currently, he doesn’t look like a 10 million a year back, so couldn’t imagine a team willing to take him when there’s a bunch of decent rookies coming out and other free agents, all at a better price. 
 

That’s if the management in AZ is actually planning ahead and are competent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

Due to DJ’s contract, they could just be increasing interest in Drake to inflate his trade value. They will take a huge bath if they cut DJ, and trading him at 10 million a year will not be easy. If they were interested in trading him at all, they would be doing everything they could to showcase his abilities hoping some team would jump on a trade next year. Currently, he doesn’t look like a 10 million a year back, so couldn’t imagine a team willing to take him when there’s a bunch of decent rookies coming out and other free agents, all at a better price. 
 

That’s if the management in AZ is actually planning ahead and are competent. 

Can't trade a free agent (Drake)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...