thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

You have to think due to his contract they'll give him a mulligan for this year and he'll have every opportunity to be the guy next year. But I think they'll add someone probably via the draft and DJ will be on a short leash. I'd be surprised if they paid Drake given how much money they already have invested in the position.

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

Has there ever been another player who went from first round pick to undraftable the next year 

Next year? 

More like 1st round and DROPPED in the same season. And not due to injuries. 

Dude was returning kicks. Don’t tell me he is injured if he is freakin’ returning kicks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Has there ever been another player who went from first round pick to undraftable the next year 

Yes, there has! His name is Trent Richardson!

• Like 3

Houdini incarnation 

DJ will be the most over speculated and completely mis-valued player in next years draft.  it would literally take a team like SEA signing /trading for him with carson+penny not ready for the season to keep DJ's value in the first 3 rds 🤣

Come to New England via trade. Id happily have a dual threat RB over Sony Michel to keep the defense guessing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

DJ will be the most over speculated and completely mis-valued player in next years draft.  it would literally take a team like SEA signing /trading for him with carson+penny not ready for the season to keep DJ's value in the first 3 rds 🤣

It's definitely our hope that he falls far enough to take the risk on him. Even if he winds up in a favorable situation he looked terrible physically. Slower, less elusive, ect. Whether it was because of injury or what there's risk he's broken down. And if he's on another team next year he also has to learn a whole new system. The hope would be that he at least gets enough volume to produce by default. But volume alone doesn't warrant a high pick.

Who's the last running back you've seen come back from penthouse to doghouse to penthouse over an off-season?

It's over. I mean he'll stay on the roster but will he be your RB1 again? Nope. RB2? Hardly. High-end handcuff? Arguably that's more valuable than RBBC in a pass-heavy offense with a scrambling QB.

2016 David Johnson is gone. Life comes at you quick at the top of the fantasy board.

11 hours ago, Nickmo said:

It's definitely our hope that he falls far enough to take the risk on him. Even if he winds up in a favorable situation he looked terrible physically. Slower, less elusive, ect. Whether it was because of injury or what there's risk he's broken down. And if he's on another team next year he also has to learn a whole new system. The hope would be that he at least gets enough volume to produce by default. But volume alone doesn't warrant a high pick.

DJ would be my prime player to throw out in an auction draft early to see how people react. Klingsbury is going to have to make a strong statement about his backfield in the offseason for people to properly frame DJ's value. 

I wouldnt be surprised if we see a clusterflick of a rbbc like KC had

• Like 1

Would love to see the Eagles sign him to play 1B to Sanders. I think he has a few more good years left.

2 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Surely DJ isn't in Arizona next year, right?

He's locked in until 2022, they can't trade him with his contract unless they add some insane and irrational incentives like pay his salary or give draft picks. 

On 12/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, Kramjam24 said:

spiller

• Like 2

I'd draft him again if his old pal Bruce Arians trades for him. But I'd also have to see some explosiveness return in the preseason and Arians just spent an entire season criminally underusing Ronald Jones.

Maybe 4th-5th round if I'm feeling bold during the draft?

• Like 1

Counterargument:   Through 6 weeks, he had 20 PPR points per game.   Then he's injured, and he came back to a backup role.   After week 6, he had a TOTAL of 18 carries and 6 targets.     There's at least a little something useful still there, but who knows what his future holds.   

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, Corleone said:

2020 Outlook on David Johnson...

Honestly looks like the clip is in slow motion, wtf

On 1/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, Corleone said:

He's waiting for the blocks to develop and they never did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

He's waiting for the blocks to develop and they never did.

I was going to post the same thing. The play never developed. Not sure why someone posted this as an example of his ability. it a terrible example 😂

• Like 4

On 1/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, Corleone said:

lol...is this his leveon bell impression? 

ive seen OL return fumbles who were elusive 

Edited by affliction

5 hours ago, affliction said:

lol...is this his leveon bell impression? 

ive seen OL return fumbles who were elusive 

Again as posted above by Dashoe:

"I was going to post the same thing. The play never developed. Not sure why someone posted this as an example of his ability. it a terrible example 😂"

He looks big and lumbering like LeGarrette Blount. Not seeing the burst anymore 

May be time to start a new thread for 2020, but more importantly it may be time to move on from DJ. That's where I'm at anyway. It's looking like his 2016 season was an anomaly. I just don't see how you can see it any other way at this point. That said, something just doesn't add up. There's something from last season that just doesn't make any sense. Was he injured? Is his head not in the game anymore? Did he get complacent because he got paid? Has he in fact lost a step and is not a good schematic fit for that offense anymore? I don't know, but I'm done with him moving forward. Unless he gets traded to a team that is a better fit and/or he is the undisputed lead dog, and I just don't see that happening. 

Edited by The G Man