pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, oldsoul said:

No worry at all here correct?

I mean I am fielding some very good offers right now with owners wanting to acquire

They want to buy low. 

3 minutes ago, oldsoul said:

I mean I am fielding some very good offers right now with owners wanting to acquire

I let it be known this morning to the other owners in my league that I will be fielding offers for him. I can't imagine receiving anything that would be good enough for me to actually trade him, though. If you don't mind telling, what are people offering you?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

They want to buy low. 

I know, some of the offers are real tempting but hate to lose a 30 pt weekly QB

6 minutes ago, oldsoul said:

Me too, Barkley to be specific.

I think getting Tyreek back is just what the Dr. ordered.

2 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Me too, Barkley to be specific.

I think getting Tyreek back is just what the Dr. ordered.

And you haven't accepted?

• Like 1

I have him in Dynasty and I don't think there is any feasible combination of players or future picks that would tempt me.
This 'rough' spell is still harvesting 300+ yard and no INT games with half fit/available receiving corps.

1 minute ago, stigmatadiacory said:

I let it be known this morning to the other owners in my league that I will be fielding offers for him. I can't imagine receiving anything that would be good enough for me to actually trade him, though. If you don't mind telling, what are people offering you?

Rodgers and Lockett from the guy in 1st place

Dalton, Courtland Sutton and Chark Jr from another

Guy in dead last said I could have Tyreek HIll and maybe Davante Adams

I do need WR depth.....it is a PPR with 3 slots for WR

• Thanks 1

If you have a strong backup that you feel comfortable with, then sure, move on and trade Mahomes "low".  He didn't look right last week but still had 300+ yards.  He didn't look great last night either aside from the incredible escape and TD toss.  He was dealing with the ankle injury - hopefully not serious - and his line wasn't doing him any favors.  Still though, 300+ yards and a TD.  He looked frazzled.  I think owner's have been spoiled to expect a 30 point game every week, that's why we drafted and own him.  I wouldn't trade him unless I had a solid backup like Dak.  Preferably if you are going to move him, you wait until a 5 TD outburst and then truly sell high.

The problem with trying to trade Mahomes is position scarcity.  QB is the deepest position in fantasy and I don't know how many owners would downgrade their starting RB or WR to upgrade at QB.  The Mahomes owner is going to want an absolute stud RB or WR in return for parting with him. 

I mean, would you trade Dalvin Cook or Zeke for Mahomes?  Probably not, when you likely have someone like Matt Ryan or even Tom Brady starting for you.  On the other hand, would the Mahomes owner take a low end RB1 or WR1 like Chris Carson or Tyler Lockett for Mahomes?  Very doubtful.

You would have to find the guy in your league who is very weak at QB, and that guy is probably streaming at this point and has decent options, or they have Rodgers (QB19 right now) and expect him to turn it around.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

The problem with trying to trade Mahomes is position scarcity.  QB is the deepest position in fantasy and I don't know how many owners would downgrade their starting RB or WR to upgrade at QB.  The Mahomes owner is going to want an absolute stud RB or WR in return for parting with him. 

I mean, would you trade Dalvin Cook or Zeke for Mahomes?  Probably not, when you likely have someone like Matt Ryan or even Tom Brady starting for you.  On the other hand, would the Mahomes owner take a low end RB1 or WR1 like Chris Carson or Tyler Lockett for Mahomes?  Very doubtful.

You would have to find the guy in your league who is very weak at QB, and that guy is probably streaming at this point and has decent options, or they have Rodgers (QB19 right now) and expect him to turn it around.

That's exactly right + the fact that Mahomes owners are inclined to put more of an emphasis on the position itself makes it even harder to get a deal done.  As a non-Mahomes owner reading the offers that people have been getting for him in this thread, most seem ludicrous to me that they aren't accepting them

Edited by Novaray
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Exactly.  I'm not moving Mahomes because I'm going to live or die by him and I'm not going to let a 2 game hiccup cause me concern enough to roster somebody else.

If you look at this trade value chart, you can see that Mahomes in 1 QB leagues is only really worth David Johnson or Mark Ingram.  Seriously?  There's no way I'd trade Mahomes for Ingram.  But in 2 QB leagues, Mahomes is the most valuable player in the league.  For the Mahomes owners though, doesn't mean you couldn't try to pry away a top 4-5 back for him.  The worst the other guy could say is no. But I'd only move him if I had a Lamar, Russell Wilson, or Dak to fall back on.  Otherwise not a chance.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Novaray said:

That's exactly right + the fact that Mahomes owners are inclined to put more of an emphasis on the position itself makes it even harder to get a deal done.  As a non-Mahomes owner reading the offers that people have been getting for him in this thread, most seem ludicrous to me that they aren't accepting them

Yeah...the guy who offered Saquon for Mahomes...I would love to see what other RBs that owner has that he can offer Saquon for a QB.  Either it must be a keeper league where he somehow has 3 elite RBs, or the owner is nuts.

Edited by Brownsfan74

2 hours ago, CamNewton said:

I was just offered Kyler Murray and Melvin Gordon in a full PPR.

Decline.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, Novaray said:

100% agreed, Mahomes is great, but he's a QB, and the QB position is extremely deep; I would never trade a top RB for a QB, with how easily the QB position can be filled.

Edited by AJx88x

his ankle injuring his limiting his mobility therefore he cant scramble and make plays. Plus their defense is just getting dominated on the ground so teams are just chewing up the clock to keep him on the sidelines...not good

On 10/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, AJx88x said:

100% agreed, Mahomes is great, but he's a QB, and the QB position is extremely deep; I would never trade a top RB for a QB, with how easily the QB position can be filled.

The consensus #1 QB off the board should always be a fade. Peyton, Rodgers, Luck, Cam, Watson etc are all good examples why. Time to add Mahomes to the list.

Edited by Evincar

30 minutes ago, Evincar said:

The consensus #1 QB off the board should always be a fade. Peyton, Rodgers, Luck, Cam, Watson etc are all good examples why. Time to add Mahomes to the list.

I still don’t regret taking him early and my team has been fine doing so. It’s still early and dude started on fire. Even when he isn’t all world he never kills you and he has the ability to win a week. I think I’m always going to be fine being the guy to take Mahomies. 

People really think Mahomes is the problem? And not the s--- play calling virtually being completely one dimensional, with 74 passing plays to 25 run plays the last two weeks? Teams aren't even worrying about the run. Tack on that the O line has looked like absolute garbage and you've got Mahomes struggling, but he's still putting up numbers. 

He had 3 touchdowns. Do people on these forums just find ANY little thing to bitch and moan about? You lost your matchup because the rest of your team or bad luck - not Mahomes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah gotta love all the folks coming out with their 'see, regression' and 'always fade QBs' spicy takes.

The ankle splits are obvious and there are a myriad of other issues all being pretty clear too.

Yeah he's still doing pretty well for being the 2nd best QB in the league.