pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

So if the MRI comes out and its clean and hes projected to be out 3 weeks, the chiefs should come out and say his season is over?

One of the worst takes I've ever heard on this forum.

1000% exactly what I'm saying and calling people out on in here.  Absolutely horrendous, they're calling to shut him down even before the MRI comes out lol. 

2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Honestly...what is Reid doing? QB sneak when your QB is already hurt? That's just as dumb as BB letting Brady QB sneak it so much at the GL.  Just stupid football that is not worth the risk.

I dont know what you expect from Fatty Brain Andy? He always starts pretty nice but some time later he just messes things up and it is all slow downfall..he doesnt have feel for the game

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Shutting him down for the season may actually be the smart move for the Chiefs in the big picture. Their defense is horrific, and with a less-than 100% Mahomes there’s no way they beat NE at Gillette, assuming KC even makes the playoffs. 

Shut him down, fix the defense, decide on a starting RB, and be the SB favorite in 2020.

How would shutting him down help them fix the defense and decide on a starting running back? You can fix the defense in the off-season and still try and win this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SGagne said:

1000% exactly what I'm saying and calling people out on in here.  Absolutely horrendous, they're calling to shut him down even before the MRI comes out lol. 

Bye week 12, best case is they hold him out through the bye week and return against either Oakland week 13 or New England week 14. They could win without Mahomes against Oakland. Best bet is he returns against New England depending on what their record is.

1 minute ago, LuckyLukas said:

I dont know what you expect from Fatty Brain Andy? He always starts pretty nice but some time later he just messes things up and it is all slow downfall..he doesnt have feel for the game

You know, everyone is upset mahomes got hurt but they went into Denver and blew them out.  Fantasy football wise you can complain but Reid has them at 5-2.  They won a divisional away game.  Only rotoworld posters are complaining about him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

So if the MRI comes out and its clean and hes projected to be out 3 weeks, the chiefs should come out and say his season is over?

One of the worst takes I've ever heard on this forum.

From what I read though...According to Dr Chao...even if MRI is clean there is still a high risk of re-injury and doing more damage that could impact him long term.  He felt surgery will probably be needed no matter what...either now or after season and that this isn't an injury that just heals and you're good to go.

But delaying it would definitely be risky and could result in further complications if that knee slips again.

The question is do they risk the long term health of Mahomes to have him play this again this year?  

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

You know, everyone is upset mahomes got hurt but they went into Denver and blew them out.  Fantasy football wise you can complain but Reid has them at 5-2.  They won a divisional away game.  Only rotoworld posters are complaining about him.

Yeah..when you just want to win regular season games or beat divisional rivals  i guess Reid is great. But if you want to win it all, you need "it" factor which Reid lacks. 

LMAO.... qb sneak with the best player in sports and best qb in the NFL who happens to have an ankle injury that’s been bothering him for weeks.  This may be irrelevant to the knee injury in this specific case, but it’s imperative to over-exert the pushing of the ankle when scrapping to fight for that extra inch in a pile of hippos.  My gut tells me the knee injury wouldn’t have happened if his ankles were healthy.... probably pushing too much on the other leg and one thing led to another within a second.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A lot of high earning sports doctors on this thread. I’ll take donations for charity.

I don’t think anyone knows what is going to happen. Just gotta wait and see for now. Anything can happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

LMAO.... qb sneak with the best player in sports and best qb in the NFL who happens to have an ankle injury that’s been bothering him for weeks.  This may be irrelevant to the knee injury in this specific case, but it’s imperative to over-exert the pushing of the ankle when scrapping to fight for that extra inch in a pile of hippos.  My gut tells me the knee injury wouldn’t have happened if his ankles were healthy.... probably pushing too much on the other leg and one thing led to another within a second.  

Leave the thinking to someone else.The injury occurred after he landed. Another players knee crashed down straight into the side/back of his knee; it had nothing to do with the ankle injury. 

• Thanks 2

As an Eagles fan when i saw the QB sneak and injury i could not help but think about how many injuries Mcnabb had under Andy Reid.  I have no clue what will happen with Mahones but i hope to god Reid starts being more cautious with his QB's.    With all the play-makers on that offense i do not think a qb sneak was needed.    

• Like 1

All I know is I was cringing and calling Andy Reid an idiot as soon as I saw Mahomes dive under that pile of 300 pounders with his bad ankle, long before they dug him out of the pile and carried him off for the season.

Edited by Bastardo!

47 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

From what I read though...According to Dr Chao...even if MRI is clean there is still a high risk of re-injury and doing more damage that could impact him long term.  He felt surgery will probably be needed no matter what...either now or after season and that this isn't an injury that just heals and you're good to go.

But delaying it would definitely be risky and could result in further complications if that knee slips again.

The question is do they risk the long term health of Mahomes to have him play this again this year?  

Correct. With any dislocation we all know the chances of it recurring are high. 
It has been found in retrospective studies that the incidence of recurrent dislocation after the first dislocation occurs can be as high as 40 percent. Surgically treating those dislocations by lessening lateral tension and tightening medial restraint could reduce this recurrence rate to below 10 percent.

• Like 1

I have Mahomes in a league but I won’t bash Andy Reid . If you blame Reid for calling a QB sneak with Mahomes then you must have wanted Mahomes to sit out until his ankle was fully healed . 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Leave the thinking to someone else.The injury occurred after he landed. Another players knee crashed down straight into the side/back of his knee; it had nothing to do with the ankle injury. 

This. His ankle injury had absolutely nothing to do with it. If Reid is an idiot for letting Mahomes do QB sneaks then what about Belicheck letting Brady do them at 40+ years old? There was nothing wrong with the call of letting Mahomes sneak it

• Like 3

People seem to forget football is a contact sport in which freak injuries can happen on literally any given play. If Mahomes would've dropped back on that play and gotten sacked and hurt everyone would be claiming Reid is an idiot for having his QB with a bum ankle throw instead of run the ball... hindsight is always 20/20 on these forums

You call plays to win games and hope everything works according to plan fully knowing injuries happen.. this isn't an RG3 situation where he was clearly incapable of playing and then blew out his knee as a result of the coach throwing him back out there

Edited by MoonBlaster
thinking about ledges
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Message board doctors:  "The ankle and the knee are two separate body parts, so an injury to one can in no way affect what happens with the other.  We're smart.  Leave the thinking to us."

tumblr_p5ukllOs8E1waa1mso2_400.gifv  

• Haha 1

Considering that they were playing against Von Miller going against a backup left tackle, if you blame Mahomes's injury on the sneak then really you should have advocated for Reid sitting him entirely and having him watch the game from home in a panic room ensconced in bubble wrap.

Was it a risk having him play on a bum ankle?  Sure.  Does the sneak increase the odds of him aggravating the injury?  No more than him playing in the first place given the conditions.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Considering that they were playing against Von Miller going against a backup left tackle, if you blame Mahomes's injury on the sneak then really you should have advocated for Reid sitting him entirely and having him watch the game from home in a panic room ensconced in bubble wrap.

Was it a risk having him play on a bum ankle?  Sure.  Does the sneak increase the odds of him aggravating the injury?  No more than him playing in the first place given the conditions.

If the Chiefs are smart, they'll hold Mahomes out until after their week 12 bye if he isn't declared out for the season.  He is the face of their franchise and the best qb in the NFL.  They have to be very careful.  Make sure that he is fully healed before sending him back out there.

Edited by sjm76

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

If the Chiefs are smart, they'll hold Mahomes out until after their week 12 bye if he isn't declared out for the season.  He is the face of their franchise and the best qb in the NFL.  They have to be very careful.  Make sure that he is fully healed before sending him back out there.

Stafford had the same injury and needed offseason surgery.  Don’t think Mahomes will be 100% fully healed without some type of surgery.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The bright side is that the patella dislocation should give him time to heal the high ankle sprain?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Stafford had the same injury and needed offseason surgery.  Don’t think Mahomes will be 100% fully healed without some type of surgery.

If that's the case then they should just hold Mahomes out for the rest of the season.  They should see how Matt Moore does in the next couple of games and if he can't be an adequate placeholder then trade for someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

15 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Message board doctors:  "The ankle and the knee are two separate body parts, so an injury to one can in no way affect what happens with the other.  We're smart.  Leave the thinking to us."

tumblr_p5ukllOs8E1waa1mso2_400.gifv  

Message board doctors: “The ankle and the knee are two separate body parts, but if one is injured, it definitely leads to the other being injured. We’re smart. Leave the thinking to us.” 

See what’s funny is that because none of us know the extent or the actual cause, the snarky comment you made can actually be applied to you, too. Maybe the knee was a result of the bum ankle. Then again, maybe not. You think you’re being clever, but your snark sticks to you, too. Frankly, I’m not on either side of this. I don’t really care why it happened, and it’s not worth the argument. I just hate that it happened to Mahomes...seems like a good kid. 

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

If that's the case then they should just hold Mahomes out for the rest of the season.  They should see how Matt Moore does in the next couple of games and if he can't be an adequate placeholder then trade for someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Ooh Fitzpatrick would be fun to watch in KC

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Message board doctors: “The ankle and the knee are two separate body parts, but if one is injured, it definitely leads to the other being injured. We’re smart. Leave the thinking to us.” 

See what’s funny is that because none of us know the extent or the actual cause, the snarky comment you made can actually be applied to you, too. Maybe the knee was a result of the bum ankle. Then again, maybe not. You think you’re being clever, but your snark sticks to you, too. Frankly, I’m not on either side of this. I don’t really care why it happened, and it’s not worth the argument. I just hate that it happened to Mahomes...seems like a good kid. 

What do you mean none of us know the cause? Watch the video, the player who tackles him lands on his knee. What does that have to do with his ankle

• Like 2