Rotoworld.com Forums

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

In his defense he really didn’t have to do much against Oakland after that pick 6. The game before they had two easy rushing tds in goal line.

Maybe but he's had a poor YPA and completion % the last 2 weeks. I dont think him and Hill are 100%.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes

I think we can all agree that the Chiefs should shut him down for the year, and he should retire.

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a nig

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Not sure why last season is relevant, a lot of differences from now and last season. The Pats got destroyed in Houston, not in Foxborogh. Mahomes almost put up a complete dud at home vs Oakland if it wasnt for a rare rushing TD.

I mean youre probably still starting Mahomes but I would be more confident if he had played better the last 2 weeks.

I wouldn't be too worried. Every qb not named Lamar Jackson has put up 1 or 2 dud games this year. With running corp banged up, they're gonna have to throw a lot to win. In terms of overall qb ranking for this week, I would think he's behind only Jackson, maybe Wilson and maybe Watson.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Ummm Mahomes went off against Pats last year. Deshaun just destroyed them.

Why would you bench Mahomes? That's just dumb.

This isn’t 2018 bro..

14 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

This is the healthiest he's been since week 3. He is a top 2 QB in the league. You're overthinking it.

Yeah maybe so, just saw the “always start your studs” tweet by M Berry🏈.

18 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Can't tell if that's an endorsement for or against M Berry 🤷‍♂️

It was for it. I do have a guy like Darnold with a great match up, but really never thought about the QB position this season. 

18 hours ago, mjb said:

It was for it. I do have a guy like Darnold with a great match up, but really never thought about the QB position this season. 

If you start Darnold and lose your week 14 matchup because Mahomes is on your bench, it's going to be a loooonnnnggg offseason.

He's a top 2-3 QB.  Pats got destroyed by both Lamar and Deshaun, and obviously all of us would put Mahomes in the same circle.  Why all the overthinking?

The one thing I have noticed this year it seems is the overreliance on the run when they get in the red zone.  Just didn't seem to be as much of that last year.  What happened to those quick shovel/touch "passes" that essentially are runs but went for passing TDs last year?  We need more of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lets owners down when they needed him the most. [...] Well all the early posters saying dont reach for a QB early were 100% right, disappointing season for Patrick considering where he was drafted. I've learned my lesson, never drafting a QB in the first 6 rounds ever again no matter what.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
On 12/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Of course you are starting him! Have you seen what elite QBs have done to the Patriots scary defense? Kansas wins this one!

What have elite QBs done to the Patriots exactly? Enlighten us on all of these huge games.

Edited by ThreadKiller
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

What have elite QBs done to the Patriots exactly? Enlighten us on all of these huge games.

What have they done? They have beat them..........Would you not call Lamar Jackson, Watson or Mahomes Elite? Can you name a QB on their level that lost to the Patriots?

Even without the hand issue, he was going to be a sit for me next week in the semifinals.  He started the season off hot for the first three games.  Then of course the injury.  A boom game in week 10 against Tennessee.  But only 1 passing TD per game for each of the last 3 games.  Now up against another tough defense in Denver.  Plus the hand issue.  Sad to say, but he's no longer an auto start.

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

What have they done? They have beat them..........Would you not call Lamar Jackson, Watson or Mahomes Elite? Can you name a QB on their level that lost to the Patriots?

No one said anything about who won the game. We are talking about fantasy points here.

I'm trying to understand this long list of elite QBs who have had huge fantasy days against NE and how it correlates to them winning the game in real life.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, CooL said:

Even without the hand issue, he was going to be a sit for me next week in the semifinals.  He started the season off hot for the first three games.  Then of course the injury.  A boom game in week 10 against Tennessee.  But only 1 passing TD per game for each of the last 3 games.  Now up against another tough defense in Denver.  Plus the hand issue.  Sad to say, but he's no longer an auto start.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about sitting him too. Might have to settle for Lamar Jackson, Brees, or Watson. Not sure which backup to use. Big decision!!!

Pats defense is great if they're playing in a monsoon, or against the Redskins or the backup quarterback on the Jets.

Jackson put up 30+ fantasy points against them, Watson put up 30+ fantasy points them, Mahomes was on his way to 30+ before he broke his hand.

Edited by Bastardo!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1