pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, CooL said:

Even without the hand issue, he was going to be a sit for me next week in the semifinals.  He started the season off hot for the first three games.  Then of course the injury.  A boom game in week 10 against Tennessee.  But only 1 passing TD per game for each of the last 3 games.  Now up against another tough defense in Denver.  Plus the hand issue.  Sad to say, but he's no longer an auto start.

Ha who are you playing instead of Mahomes? 

16 minutes ago, huskydawgs33 said:

At this point its not crazy to sit Mahomes with a different QB on a heater right now. I don't forsee seeing vintage Mahomes light up Denver next week, and Denver always plays him tough. The hand issue worries me, he's just had a injury filled season unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, huskydawgs33 said:

9 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

At this point its not crazy to sit Mahomes with a different QB on a heater right now. I don't forsee seeing vintage Mahomes light up Denver next week, and Denver always plays him tough. The hand issue worries me, he's just had a injury filled season unfortunately. 

Word.  I'm firing up Jameis over Mahomes.  Sucks that I have two QBs with hand issues, but Jameis is on fire, attacks more, and came back from the injury in the second half and wasn't affected.  It's on record that Andy Reid changed the play calling to accommodate Mahomes' injury with shorter dropbacks and shallower routes and crossing patterns.  Not to mention he's up against Denver D. 

This may turn out to be one of those "You should always dance with the girl you brought to the prom" moments, but I've just lost a lot of trust in Mahomes.  Something isn't right about the KC offense.  Take away the name on the back of the jersey and make decisions based on analytics and match-ups.  Winston is on pace for over 5000 yards and the 6th highest passing yardage total in league history.  Gotta run with that.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Word.  I'm firing up Jameis over Mahomes.  Sucks that I have two QBs with hand issues, but Jameis is on fire, attacks more, and came back from the injury in the second half and wasn't affected.  It's on record that Andy Reid changed the play calling to accommodate Mahomes' injury with shorter dropbacks and shallower routes and crossing patterns.  Not to mention he's up against Denver D. 

This may turn out to be one of those "You should always dance with the girl you brought to the prom" moments, but I've just lost a lot of trust in Mahomes.  Something isn't right about the KC offense.  Take away the name on the back of the jersey and make decisions based on analytics and match-ups.  Winston is on pace for over 5000 yards and the 6th highest passing yardage total in league history.  Gotta run with that.

That's the exact debate I have as well. Jameis or Mahomes. As of right now I am taking the easier matchup with Jameis. 

Yeah I am in the same boat with Mahomes and Winston, I really can't believe it has come to this...I need to look up what Mahomes has done v DEN in past.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I am in the same boat with Mahomes and Winston, I really can't believe it has come to this...I need to look up what Mahomes has done v DEN in past.

Just a left handed pass while seconds away from getting sacked by Von Miller

2 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Just a left handed pass while seconds away from getting sacked by Von Miller

Yeah...and got his knee cap taken out in that Thurs nighter earlier this year (v DEN), came out blazing at least...man it is a tough call this week.

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Apparently today was the first day he could grip a football and push it downfield, as he said. Who is worried about starting him this weekend? After getting bent over by Lamar Jackson tonight, I need Mahomie to come out slinging it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CooL said:

Apparently today was the first day he could grip a football and push it downfield, as he said. Who is worried about starting him this weekend? After getting bent over by Lamar Jackson tonight, I need Mahomie to come out slinging it. 

I am mainly worried about the matchup. With the KC offense Mahomes can throw a five yard out, and Mecole, Robinson, Hill, or even Kelce can take it to the house. 

need about 6 tds from him this week....damn. Im afraid it will be low scoring and they will just run the ball since Denver doesnt have much of an offense

4 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

need about 6 tds from him this week....damn. Im afraid it will be low scoring and they will just run the ball since Denver doesnt have much of an offense

Did you see Lock last week?

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

Heavy snow in KC on Sunday, so good luck with him this week.

Apparently it's not supposed to snow until second half or even after the game. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Apparently it's not supposed to snow until second half or even after the game. 

Right now it says snow showers early, increasing in intensity as the day goes on.  Might get lucky, but they keep moving the snow up.  It would typical for my team-- I got Dak in the monsoon game, Mahomes in 40 mph wind two weeks ago, etc.

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Remember when this guy was good? 

Yes.  Seems like decades ago.  I got sad watching Lamar last night.

Yeah weather (obv) can shift quickly but it sure looks like a snow game...luckily winds are rather light--in the 10mph range...snow (as long as it is not super heavy) can provide the WRs with added advantages too. I am not worried yet. Like others( @CooL ) I also faced Lamar last night, so really could use a vintage Patty M game...though it sure feels unlikely based on how he's looked.

58 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah weather (obv) can shift quickly but it sure looks like a snow game...luckily winds are rather light--in the 10mph range...snow (as long as it is not super heavy) can provide the WRs with added advantages too. I am not worried yet. Like others( @CooL ) I also faced Lamar last night, so really could use a vintage Patty M game...though it sure feels unlikely based on how he's looked.

Yeah, how I wish we could have vintage (ha, 2018 is vintage) Mahomes.  The narrative this year is that he has regressed, which is obvious.  But when you look at his stats, he's still adjusted yards per attempt is still a stellar 9.1.  That's still good.  Not as good as last year's 9.6, but it's not as if he's fallen off the cliff.  His TDs are of course down, and the offense as a whole just isn't as electric.  Hope he can squeeze out two more great games to get us the ship. 

• Like 1

Banged up - check

Bad weather - check

Tough D - check

Division game - check

All signs point to a vintage 50 point game!  Haha!

All seriousness I might sit him this week for Goff.  Think that game might be a shootout!

And as far as Mahomes performance this year, I chalk it up to injury.  Between his ankle, knee, and now hand, he’s been pretty banged up all year!  He’ll bounce back huge next year!

24 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, how I wish we could have vintage (ha, 2018 is vintage) Mahomes.  The narrative this year is that he has regressed, which is obvious.  But when you look at his stats, he's still adjusted yards per attempt is still a stellar 9.1.  That's still good.  Not as good as last year's 9.6, but it's not as if he's fallen off the cliff.  His TDs are of course down, and the offense as a whole just isn't as electric.  Hope he can squeeze out two more great games to get us the ship. 

The KC offense fell apart by week 4 of the season  managing to hold on with a bunch of new, used,broken and spare parts.

Mahommes production regressed , the KC offense collectively regressed but his talent and skill did not regress.

Heavy snow now expected in the morning and all day.  

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM CST MONDAY... * WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch.

• Like 1

Looks like snow is starting around 9AM and continuing with periods of snow continuing throughout the game (85%) 1-3" expected and it is no longer showing snow showers or any precip mix, just snow...the wind forecast has actually decreased to the 5-10 MPH range.