DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

He's still TD dependent since he doesn't get passing work. He's a good RB2, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high (RB1).

I have him in my main league, so obviously I hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

He's still TD dependent since he doesn't get passing work. He's a good RB2, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high (RB1).

I have him in my main league, so obviously I hope I'm wrong.

image.jpeg.2fafd075cbe2c0f2937870ff6991aeb2.jpeg

• Haha 1

He'll be just fine provided Mariota looks competent like that.   A 100 yard receiver in Tennessee is an eclipse level rarity in Mariota's career.  Walker looked great too.   Wouldn't bet anything on them keeping this up consistently but its as good a start for that offense as you could hope for, especially on the road

14 hours ago, Guwop said:

After years and years it's happened. He's been unleashed lol

Well to be fair it happened last year. Also this kid is only 25 and things started to fall into place for him after realizing what he needed to do to succeed in the NFL.  Some players take time, some receivers take 3-4 years.  NFL is a whole different ball game.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, mjb03003 said:

I know that most leagues use some form of PPR, and pass-catching has never been a big part of Henry's game, but I think Henry's TD floor is as high as any RB in the league, which should help mitigate some of the downside or risk in drafting him. 

He seems like the kind of guy who could have the occasional 20 rushes for 64 yards performance, but if he punches in a TD no one will be complaining. I would set the over/under on rushing TDs at 12.5 for this year, and I'm taking the over personally. 

On 7/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, mjb03003 said:

Also, I agree with earlier posts about Henry's ability to catch the ball. He can. He has. He will. He might not catch 40+ passes but he's capable of it and he is also capable of doing real damage after the catch. 

I'm gonna take the week 1 victory lap here. Top 10 RB season is coming. 

19 attempts -- fantastic to see.  Haters said the Titans suck and he'd be game scripted out.  That's a good team they just put a whuppin' on, on the road.  Their style travels well.  I don't see a blow-out on their schedule. The biggest thing for Henry this year is getting that volume that the coaches and GM said he was gonna get, and so those 19 attempts were great.

84 yards = 4.4 YPC.  Not bad with all pro LT gone, and on the road vs an elite DL.

2 targets -- on pace to smash his career high of 18 👀😂

Doubters btfo.  

Henry draws Colts at home next week who just got railed by Austin Ekeler, then goes on the road to Jacksonville for TNF.  Jacksonville, and TNF......  Derrick Henry, Jacksonville Jaguars, Thursday Night Football....................................

Choochooo train is leaving the station, good luck everybody else

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This thread never disappoints.  😂

• Like 1

Henry caught the pass and allowed Rodger Saffold to wipe out one of the Browns' defensive backs before he outraced everyone for the touchdown, reaching a max speed of 20.93 mph, according to NFL Next Gen Stats.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27569703/titans-derrick-henry-hits-2093-mph-75-yard-td-reception

basically 21 mph. Was hilarious watching Myles Garrett try to chase him. Henry just kept breaking further and further away

34 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

19 attempts -- fantastic to see.  Haters said the Titans suck and he'd be game scripted out.  That's a good team they just put a whuppin' on, on the road.  Their style travels well.  I don't see a blow-out on their schedule. The biggest thing for Henry this year is getting that volume that the coaches and GM said he was gonna get, and so those 19 attempts were great.

84 yards = 4.4 YPC.  Not bad with all pro LT gone, and on the road vs an elite DL.

2 targets -- on pace to smash his career high of 18 👀😂

Doubters btfo.  

Henry draws Colts at home next week who just got railed by Austin Ekeler, then goes on the road to Jacksonville for TNF.  Jacksonville, and TNF......  Derrick Henry, Jacksonville Jaguars, Thursday Night Football....................................

Choochooo train is leaving the station, good luck everybody else

No wonder Jacksonville got 40 dropped on them. They’re already having PTSD about Henry. 

Maybe I should trust Henry a little more.  I just see him as a large stiff with straight line speed.  Fournette without the receiving ability and touch domination.  I'm still trying to sell high if I can find a taker willing to pay.

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Plays Indianapolis week 2.

Anyone firing him up in their lineups this week?

Indubitably. Look what Ekeler just did to them.

57 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Plays Indianapolis week 2.

Anyone firing him up in their lineups this week?

Of course no question , hes my RB1 , irregardless you need to start this man beast baby rhino 🦏  anytime he's active and playing. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 1

Are you guys cuffing King Henry with Dion Lewis?

Lewis looks pretty bad and pedestrian (box score wise)...? Doesn't seem someone who I'd want over C-Thompson etc?

32 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Are you guys cuffing King Henry with Dion Lewis?

I'm not personally.  Doesn't offer nearly the same stuff as Henry so I won't bother.

I'm firing up home vs Indy this week.  Game'll be close and Henry'll get fed all game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I'm not personally.  Doesn't offer nearly the same stuff as Henry so I won't bother.

I'm firing up home vs Indy this week.  Game'll be close and Henry'll get fed all game.

Same here. Hopefully the feeding continues...

So far, it's different from 2018...

Which is Great!