DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I cut out pretty early on this game- 3 straight decent carries called back and I just couldnt take it anymore.     Game script flipping early in a Thursday road game?   Can't really blame Henry for not doing much.    I'm not overreacting, and i may even pick up another share next week if i can rekindle a trade discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrianM said:

I cut out pretty early on this game- 3 straight decent carries called back and I just couldnt take it anymore.     Game script flipping early in a Thursday road game?   Can't really blame Henry for not doing much.    I'm not overreacting, and i may even pick up another share next week if i can rekindle a trade discussion. 

To be honest... He already paid off his 4th - 5th rd ADP... Considering others that were drafted around him.

Love the situation and the TD upside. Last year with Lafleur, Dion Lewis would have gotten that goaline carry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.  12 TD's feels like a floor at this point.     I have one share, its fortunate enough to be on a team where i dont need him to win me games (yet).   So he'll continue to be plug and play unless i get the next midseason breakout RB off of waivers or something.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst case scenario and he still met his floor. They need tannehill in there fast but Derrick Henry won't bust this year. Pleasant surprise!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Worst case scenario and he still met his floor. They need tannehill in there fast but Derrick Henry won't bust this year. Pleasant surprise!

I'm quite sad that the Lenny 4nette thread is hotter than Henry's...😂

Considering how much cheaper Henry is towards the end of draft season vs other RBs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized Henry is a UFA after this season. Those in keeper/dynasty leagues, how do you see his future playing out? Extended before next season? Franchise tag? Holdout? Titans let him walk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I just realized Henry is a UFA after this season. Those in keeper/dynasty leagues, how do you see his future playing out? Extended before next season? Franchise tag? Holdout? Titans let him walk? 

 

Definitely in the dying breed of modern RBs so I'd say he stays put due to Titans ground and pound style, but his future is uncertain. Might be a sell-high right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I just realized Henry is a UFA after this season. Those in keeper/dynasty leagues, how do you see his future playing out? Extended before next season? Franchise tag? Holdout? Titans let him walk? 

In Dynasty? I'd say if the Titans doesn't go to the post season...

The entire team will be having a new coach, scheme, qb etc etc... henry would not be part of the team...

However, any team that signs him will play/feature the type of offense that grounds and pounds (else why would you sign him??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I just realized Henry is a UFA after this season. Those in keeper/dynasty leagues, how do you see his future playing out? Extended before next season? Franchise tag? Holdout? Titans let him walk? 

I'm assuming TEN comes out with a good deal for Henry.  They let Henry walk and their offense is doomed if Mariota can't get his stuff straightened out.  Henry also seems like the guy who would be willing to stick it out with TEN for a decent offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I'm assuming TEN comes out with a good deal for Henry.  They let Henry walk and their offense is doomed if Mariota can't get his stuff straightened out.  Henry also seems like the guy who would be willing to stick it out with TEN for a decent offer. 

 

I hope they don't, would love to see him on another team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

I hope they don't, would love to see him on another team.

TEN finally giving Henry the burn and the touches. Starting to give him some screen passes too which is great to see.  I'm always leery of a player going to a new team as you never know what type of usage he will get and if things will go as the should. 

 

Also, don't forget - 2 more games until they get Lewin back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Big Nate said:

TEN finally giving Henry the burn and the touches. Starting to give him some screen passes too which is great to see.  I'm always leery of a player going to a new team as you never know what type of usage he will get and if things will go as the should. 

 

Also, don't forget - 2 more games until they get Lewin back.

 

My comment had nothing to do with fantasy, it had to do with wanting to see Henry succeed. I think he could do some really special things on a team that has a passing game. I'd settle for seeing Him stay with the Titans if they get another QB, even Fitzpatrick/Keenum would be enough to open up the run game for Henry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Also, don't forget - 2 more games until they get Lewin back.

1 more game. Lewan should be back week 5 against the Bills.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

1 more game. Lewan should be back week 5 against the Bills.

Yes my bad, that is what I meant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with what he did last night.  The TD makes everything alright. Not every week is going to be 100 yards and 2 TD's, but those weeks are coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry is so damn bad lol. You're praying for a GL plunge or a big play. Extremely lucky for that PI call to move them to the GL so he didn't walk away with only 5pts

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Henry is so damn bad lol.

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

tenor.gif

 

My fave part was when he dropped the easiest catch in the world and they stayed focused in on him. He said, "F** what happened?" 😂😂😂

Edited by scheibler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scheibler said:

 

My fave part was when he dropped the easiest catch in the world and they stayed focused in on him. He said, "F** what happened?" 😂😂😂

 

I own shares and love that he puts up fantasy points, but whenever I watch I wonder how a guy so big who struggles so much to change direction and does not take advantage of said size by inflicting hurt on opposing Ds with a violent running style can be successful. He’s got a wicked stiff arm, but other than that he seems to run soft. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Henry is so damn bad lol. You're praying for a GL plunge or a big play. Extremely lucky for that PI call to move them to the GL so he didn't walk away with only 5pts

 

It was a Mariota rush that got them to the goaline.

 

It's obvious you didn't watch the game, multiple Henry runs were called back due to phantom holding penalties. Henry wasnt lucky to get the goaline plunge, it was predictable since he is the undisputed goaline back for the Titans. Over 200 rushing yards, over 90 receiving yards and 4 TDs through 3 games, I'll take that kind of luck all week and twice on Sundays.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, nromn said:

 

I own shares and love that he puts up fantasy points, but whenever I watch I wonder how a guy so big who struggles so much to change direction and does not take advantage of said size by inflicting hurt on opposing Ds with a violent running style can be successful. He’s got a wicked stiff arm, but other than that he seems to run soft. 

 

It could be that you don't know what it's like to be a RB in the NFL?

 

Easy critiques for you to make from in front of your TV but doesn't really jive  with Henry and how he is near the top of the league in tackles broken.

 

It would be easier to see Henrys cumulative effect on a defense after he got 20 carries in a game. Henrys special because of his size and speed combo, he can get the edge and he knows it. He doesn't have to lower his shoulder and hit LBers head on every play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nromn said:

 

I own shares and love that he puts up fantasy points, but whenever I watch I wonder how a guy so big who struggles so much to change direction and does not take advantage of said size by inflicting hurt on opposing Ds with a violent running style can be successful. He’s got a wicked stiff arm, but other than that he seems to run soft. 

truck.0.gif

TightPepperyCopepod-size_restricted.gif

3b3s4e.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smeeze said:

truck.0.gif

TightPepperyCopepod-size_restricted.gif

3b3s4e.jpg

It's because he's not a "violent" rusher. He runs smoothly without a lot of deceleration/acceleration so you can't see the power. But the power is obviously there given the defender driven back 3 yards and ending up on his back.

I saw this multiple times last night: it looked like a play that could for 1 yard but Henry leans forward and makes it 4. If it weren't for the bogus holding calls he would have had 20+ more rushing yards which would not be a bad total in that ugly game for the Tennessee offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

 If it weren't for the bogus holding calls he would have had 20+ more rushing yards which would not be a bad total in that ugly game for the Tennessee offense. 

 

I remember hearing this often last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.