DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

I remember hearing this often last year.

Last year when Henry was a league winner for many teams?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Last year when Henry was a league winner for many teams?

No, the first 3/4 of the season when he was garbage. 

• Like 1

Oh, when the OLine was injured and he was getting limited touches?

Point noted from the Henry detractor

Taylor Lewan back in week 5, BTW

He averaged 11.6 fantasy points for the season last year in Standard scoring. And had huge games when it mattered most.

This year he's averaging 18 per game.

Sorry if you don't have the pleasure of owning him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oh, when the OLine was injured and he was getting limited touches?

Thanks for that, I forgot about the secondary excuses.

• Like 1

Henry is perfectly fine , Mariota was sabotaging the whole game... & Calais campbell was wreaking havoc . I watched the entire game, and some decent chunk plays were called back on holding penalties.  Context is everything , and it was just one of those games, where he was barely getting past the 1st line of defense. He's a baby rhino and thrives after getting past that second level of defenders & picking up speed. He's just not that type of back to cut and change direction quickly. Speed is what he needs to be an absolute wreaking ball. But if he's not able to accelerate in time, then we have issues like last night. Seriously time to throw in Tannehill , tired of seeing this bum Marcus 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It was a Mariota rush that got them to the goaline.

It's obvious you didn't watch the game, multiple Henry runs were called back due to phantom holding penalties. Henry wasnt lucky to get the goaline plunge, it was predictable since he is the undisputed goaline back for the Titans. Over 200 rushing yards, over 90 receiving yards and 4 TDs through 3 games, I'll take that kind of luck all week and twice on Sundays.

Watched the whole thing. Me and my buddies were literally laughing at how bad Mariota and Henry are. That PI is what got them to the GL. That cb completely gave up on the play. Like I said Henry is nothing more then a GL prayer or hope to bust a long one after his 15 0-2yd carries

Edited by scheibler
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Watched the whole thing. Me and my buddies were literally laughing at how bad Mariota and Henry are. That PI is what got them to the GL. That cb completely gave up on the play. Like I said Henry is nothing more then a GL prayer or hope to bust a long one after his 15 0-2yd carries

Again, the PI didn't get them to the goaline. Mariota's scramble did.

There is a reason Henry busts big ones but it seems you are here more to hate on him than to engage a real discussion.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

There is a reason Henry busts big ones but it seems you are here more to hate on him than to engage a real discussion.

I haven't done the research, but maybe someone has.

Don't most RBs have a bunch of carries that go for minimal gains and then bust big plays sparsely?  I mean it's not like every back that averages over 4 yards a carry is going for 4+ yards every time.  Mathematically it would make sense that most of their carries go for somewhere between -2 to 3 yards, and then the reason why we roster them is their propensity to break it for a long one.

This seems like an odd way to rag on Henry in particular.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I haven't done the research, but maybe someone has.

Don't most RBs have a bunch of carries that go for minimal gains and then bust big plays sparsely?  I mean it's not like every back that averages over 4 yards a carry is going for 4+ yards every time.  Mathematically it would make sense that most of their carries go for somewhere between -2 to 3 yards, and then the reason why we roster them is their propensity to break it for a long one.

This seems like an odd way to rag on Henry in particular.

Bc 8 games last year were UNDER 6 pointsand last night was nearly the same. Now if u expect Henry to score a TD every game then go ahead and keep him. Personally I don't and would be selling. 

Edited by scheibler

2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Bc 8 games last year were UNDER 6 pointsand last night was nearly the same. Now if u expect Henry to score a TD every game then go ahead and keep him. Personally I don't and would be selling. 

Do you have any reasoning why Henry was bad in those games last year? I'm guessing that you didn't know that key components of his oline were injured? That he had a 60 yard TD called back against the dolphins due to a phantom holding call? or that Blaine gabbert started a couple of those games? 

In before " but, but, but, Henry sucks!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Personally I typically view fantasy points scored as a lagging indicator, while usage to me is a leading indicator.

In the games you mention, with a different OC, the usage was completely different, he was essentially in a timeshare with Dion Lewis.  His own college coach (a pretty good one) says that he is a guy who needs carries to get going, and the new coaching staff seems receptive to that concept.

Is he gonna have a dud or two along the way this year where it looks like last night without the score?  I don't doubt it.  Virtually every RB has them.  But my concerns lie more in Mariota's lack of ability than Henry's.  He seems pretty physically talented to me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Do you have any reasoning why Henry was bad in those games last year? I'm guessing that you didn't know that key components of his oline were injured? That he had a 60 yard TD called back against the dolphins due to a phantom holding call? or that Blaine gabbert started a couple of those games? 

In before " but, but, but, Henry sucks!"

Obviously you're biased towards Henry. Henry does suck and is going to face a stacked box here on out bc Mariota sucks even worse. 

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Obviously you're biased towards Henry. Henry does suck and is going to face a stacked box here on out bc Mariota sucks even worse. 

Good thing Henry breaks more tackles than almost any other RB in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Good thing Henry breaks more tackles than almost any other RB in the NFL.

Prolly runs into the back of his line more then any other rb aswell. There were holes galore lastnight and Henry would plod into the back of a lineman

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Prolly runs into the back of his line more then any other rb aswell. There were holes galore lastnight and Henry would plod into the back of a lineman

That was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a defensive line. You're loco.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Probably stiff arms better than any RB in the league too. Nitpick his game all you want. Won't change the fact that he a RB1 this year and is outscoring guys like Kamara, Elliot, Chubb, kerryon, etc...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

That was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a defensive line. You're loco.

To say nothing of them being down Lewan.

This was THE defensive unit two years ago, lest we forget, and they still have a number of those pieces remaining (Campbell, Jack, Dareus, Ngakouke).  They've had some down weeks since then but there's still a ton of talent there.  Their backs were against the wall looking down an 0-3 hole at home.  And then the Titans fumble that first possession and are down in an 0-14 hole before they gain any kind of offensive traction.

Now all those excuses won't buy you a win this week (Henry's TD might), but it's unlikely Henry will be facing those type of unfavorable conditions.

• Like 4

Henry running better this season and Taylor Lewan is not back yet....

BUUUUUT...why is he not getting 20 carries?

30 snaps a piece last week vs Indy fo Lewis and Henry an Henry goes 15 for 81 and they lose by 2 points. Lewis was 3 for 9.

Rain soaked game on Thursday night and Henry gets 17 but with those conditions Henry should have gotten 30 or more!

Just not sure what the Titans are thinking about.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

30 snaps a piece last week vs Indy fo Lewis and Henry an Henry goes 15 for 81 and they lose by 2 points. Lewis was 3 for 9.

Rain soaked game on Thursday night and Henry gets 17 but with those conditions Henry should have gotten 30 or more!

Titans need to send Mariota back to hawaii.

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think the muffed punt really threw them off.  They had the momentum after the first stop and were ready to execute their first drive and it seemed like they were reacting based on the Jags getting the ball back and scoring after that.

The first drive sometimes is so critical for in game psychology.  For the record I agree with you, just observing what I think happened.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

6'3", 240lbs and busts big ones? Sounds like the RB1, oooooooooohhhhhhh BABY!

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Haha 1

1,500 rushing, 500 receiving, 20 TDs

In the offseason he signs with the Eagles and they win 8 straight Super Bowls.

Oh cmon. He can do better than that :lol:

He still can't catch a cold and surprise the Titans aren't looking his way there plus Mariota is worse than ever and Humphries is the only WR worth anything anyway. Tannehill needs to start, a decent passing game could do a lot

13 minutes ago, bomont said:

Oh cmon. He can do better than that :lol:

He still can't catch a cold and surprise the Titans aren't looking his way there plus Mariota is worse than ever and Humphries is the only WR worth anything anyway. Tannehill needs to start, a decent passing game could do a lot

If there’s one thing Tanehill is known for, it’s decent passing games 🙄

Henry needs to go to a team with an aging superstar QB that the coaches are looking to take the pressure off by running the ball 30 times per game

• Like 1