DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

I'm going to go out on a limb here and says he kicks the trend of poor RB performances against the Bucs.  He is a different type of RB that can punish the defenders a lot more than most guys.  If Tannehill can make them respect the passing game in the 1st half, Henry is going to punish them in the 2nd.  Titans will win by 2 scores. I think Henry goes over the century mark with at least 1 TD

Anybody besides me thinking it might be sell time with rumors of Titans looking to add an RB?  This guy is all about volume and even a slight dent could be rough. 

11 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

2 touches in the first half?  What's going on in Tennessee?

Alls well that ends well...am I right 

12 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

2 touches in the first half?  What's going on in Tennessee?

Tennessee was playing from behind more then likely. Henry isn't the passing/3rd down back. Didn't watch the game but my assumption.

2 touches in the 1st half.

LMAO

I swear it's like the Titans want to lose. Yet another screen pass for a TD to Henry.

NFL head coaches can't figure out that Henrys compounded effect of banging on the defense wears them down. He doesn't get tons of yards early in the game cause the defense is fresh but those carries are important because Henry is punishing that defense and softening them up for later in the 3rd and 4th quarter when he rips huge chunk gains, also, his carries is sucking the defense up and making the playaction their most effective passing option.  

3 screens this game for 30+ yards and a TD. Whatever deficiencies he might have in the receiving game are easily mitigated by what he can do with the ball in the open field. 

I'll never understand why the coaches don't want to punish the defense with Henry to the tune of 25+ carries per game. He got 13 carries yesterday, 2 of them in the 1st half. 

• Thanks 1

Derrick Henry has more receiving yards and touchdowns than: Saquon Barkley, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Josh Jacobs, Todd Gurley.

RB5 overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did I mention Henry had 2 touches in the 1st half yesterday?

😂😂😂

2 touches in the 1st half. Lmao. I still can't get over that. He finished with 16 total touches in that game and is still a top 10 RB.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

😂😂😂

2 touches in the 1st half. Lmao. I still can't get over that. He finished with 16 total touches in that game and is still a top 10 RB.

😂😂😂

Yeah that is patently absurd from a team that is in the hunt and is facing a team that has been steamrolled by the run (esp recently). I can not wait until this half rhino/half man hybrid gets the opportunity to tote the rock for a smart coach/team that will properly utilize his immense talents next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

😂😂😂

😂😂😂

It shouldn’t even be a question.  Henry should be on the “Dalvin Cook workload.”

He’s so damn good, he’s been able to produce with limited touches right now.

i don’t get it.

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah that is patently absurd from a team that is in the hunt and is facing a team that has been steamrolled by the run (esp recently). I can not wait until this half rhino/half man hybrid gets the opportunity to tote the rock for a smart coach/team that will properly utilize his immense talents next year.

This brings about an interesting question. Titans haven't offered Henry a contract so he very well could be available. Where might he go?

KC could troll the entire NFL and add Derrick Henry to go with Patrick Maholmes for the next 4-5 years.

San Diego he would mesh well with Ekler if MGIII is gone

ATL could certainly use a bruiser like him to help control games

Patriots - cause they always seem to slip in and get these ultimate team guys like Henry.

The Houston Texans would be fun. Great offense Henry could feast in that offense.

San Francisco 49ers

Tampa Bay Bucs

Eagles

Bears

Bills

Its seems like Henry is the most dangerous player in space on the team...

Why doesn't he play on passing downs more often?

1 minute ago, Klientel said:

I think he will more with tannehill under center. 

6 minutes ago, Klientel said:

He is, by a wide margin oddly enough.

13 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Because he's not a good receiver.   (Edit:  apparently he is in on those downs a lot - and still getting very few catches. Rest my case :) )

Henry on KC would be a good fit as would NE (unfortunately) and above all probably ATL. They haven't had a bruiser bell cow back since forever and could use one bad. They have enough receiving options that the lack of pass catching should not be too much of a thing, but for most teams that is a concern. 

Edited by bomont

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

Because he's not a good receiver. 

Well that's not true, hes done some amazing things once thrown the ball. He only has 16 targets all season and he's scored on 2 of them.  2 receiving TDs on 16 targets is pretty solid.  I'm not saying he has to be an RB that catches 50-60 balls but no reason he can't be more of an outlet.  With Tannehill under center he got 3 targets this past game.  No reason he can't get 1 or 2 more passes thrown his way each game. He's done some good things with his catches this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Well that's not true, hes done some amazing things once thrown the ball. He only has 16 targets all season and he's scored on 2 of them.  2 receiving TDs on 16 targets is pretty solid.  I'm not saying he has to be an RB that catches 50-60 balls but no reason he can't be more of an outlet.  With Tannehill under center he got 3 targets this past game.  No reason he can't get 1 or 2 more passes thrown his way each game. He's done some good things with his catches this year.

Exactly , he does great things when they throw the rock to him. Defenses never expect him to catch it really, so if he’s not handed the ball to run. They sagg off him and pay attention elsewhere. Thus creating some big operating space for Big D’ Henry ! 

TD Dependent plodder.  Low end RB2.

Less than 4 yards a carry, only reason he's top 10 is because he hasn't had his bye yet.  On a per game basis he only ranks 15th, less than a point per game above 'super stars' like Tevin Coleman and LeVeon Bell.  As long as you ignore that Coleman is in a 3 man committee and Bell is on the worst team in the NFL, it sounds just fine.  If it wasn't for the fact Henry has the 4th highest TDs in the league (among all non-QB positions, not just RB) he would be treated the same as Carlos Hyde.  Actually, just kidding, Carlos Hyde has more rushing yards on less attempts, averaging nearly 5 yards per carry.  Derrick Henry is a worse version of Carlos Hyde, but as long as he gets TDs, that's all that matters in fantasy.

While realistically I'm just here to check Cleats, it is important to keep perspective on a player's fantasy finish relative to their actual on field production.
Keep that in mind in case anyone is tricking themselves into ranking/drafting this guy highly next year; without the TDs he's just a less efficient Carlos Hyde.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:wub: when Cleats uses terms like "mitigated"  ... it's a sure sign that Henry is on a serious heater. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FFCollusion said:

Less than 4 yards a carry, only reason he's top 10 is because he hasn't had his bye yet.  On a per game basis he only ranks 15th, less than a point per game above 'super stars' like Tevin Coleman and LeVeon Bell.  As long as you ignore that Coleman is in a 3 man committee and Bell is on the worst team in the NFL, it sounds just fine.  If it wasn't for the fact Henry has the 4th highest TDs in the league (among all non-QB positions, not just RB) he would be treated the same as Carlos Hyde.  Actually, just kidding, Carlos Hyde has more rushing yards on less attempts, averaging nearly 5 yards per carry.  Derrick Henry is a worse version of Carlos Hyde, but as long as he gets TDs, that's all that matters in fantasy.

While realistically I'm just here to check Cleats, it is important to keep perspective on a player's fantasy finish relative to their actual on field production.
Keep that in mind in case anyone is tricking themselves into ranking/drafting this guy highly next year; without the TDs he's just a less efficient Carlos Hyde.

Double edged sword, if they've shown that type of usage with him and he's capable of doing it scoring TDs is baked into his value and I would argue deservedly so.

And, if we're just making the comparison in a vacuum, defenses are a little worried about that Watson dude.  Moreso than say, Marcus Mariota or Ryan Tannehill.

While speed, elusiveness, etc is great, power backs in the right space still have value.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Check yourself at the door.

Henry just posted over 20 fantasy points in the 2nd half only yesterday against Carolina. He would be the #2 RB behind McCaffrey if he got the workload he deserves and as much as it pains you down in your loins you know that to be true. 

Lots of hurt feelings and raw emotions from those who either missed out on Henry this year in lieu of turds like Leveon Bell or Keenan Allen or who have always hated Henry for the situation he has been forced into. 

Henry doesn't care, he just plods his way into the hearts of his owners with performances like yesterday. 100 total yards and 2 TDs in 1 half of football.

54 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

This is how people described former Titan Eddie George back in the day.  Low YPC, plodder, TD dependent scorer, and yet he did it year in and year out to the tune of over 12,000 yards from scrimmage and 78 TD's in 9 seasons while never averaging more than 4.1 YPC in any season.  I didn't mind having Eddie on my team back then and don't mind having Henry on my team now.

• Thanks 2