DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry just posted over 20 fantasy points

turds like Leveon Bell

Henry doesn't care, he just plods

Refresh my memory... who scored more points yesterday, Henry or Bell?

I agree, he just plods.  I'm not taking away his TDs, Matt Asiata was solid in my lineup for weeks too.  That's the game we play.

I'm just not naive enough to pretend Matt Asiata is special.

I don't care about Henry, my only point was how ignorant it is to call Bell a turd and call Henry a 'top 10 stud' when they're separated by .8 fantasy points per game.

12 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I agree, he just plods.  I'm not taking away his TDs, Matt Asiata was solid in my lineup for weeks too.  That's the game we play.

I don't care about Henry, my only point was how ignorant it is to call Bell a turd and call Henry a 'top 10 stud' when they're separated by .8 fantasy points per game.

Lol, leveon got to play 4 quarters of football yesterday. Henrys coaches gave him 2 quarters and he went for 100 total yards and 2 TDs. If we extrapolate that to 4 quarters he would be 200 yards and 4 TDs. 

Leveon is a turd of a person, I called him selfish. i didn't call his play bad.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

4 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

If it wasn't for the fact Henry has the 4th highest TDs in the league

But he does have the 4th most in the league. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Henry destroyed Bell.

21.9 pts to 12.1 in my 2 standard leagues I play in.  I always appreciate your input and feedback but you have to remember not everyone plays PPR. 

Henry is ranked #5 in STD scoring right now and he was taken somewhere around RB 15-18 so he's doing well for those who drafted him. I agree with your point that one does have to take everything into account when drafting him next year and where his ranking should be. Having said that, in my standard/keeper league I will be 100% keeping him again next year as long as nothing crazy happens to finish out the year.

And this kid is only 25.... He could still get better. This is technically his first full year starting.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for the TD discussion, last year Henry had 12 sharing the load with Dion Lewis.  This year Henry is at 8 so far and thats not an insane amount considering his increased work load and getting GL touches.  Henry is a great RB for standard scoring as he's likely going to get all the GL work.

If he finishes somewhere around 14-16TDs that would seem fairly reasonable.  12 last year no reason he can't hit 15-16 if his usage continues. 

11 hours ago, fingers said:

But he does have the 4th most in the league. 

Yeah but if it weren't for all those points he scored he wouldn't be anywhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Yeah but if it weren't for all those points he scored he wouldn't be anywhere.

“If Tyreek Hill weren’t so fast he’d be useless for fantasy football” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Chiefs defense currently ranks 28th DVOA against the run and somewhat surprisingly 4th against the pass. They also rank 31st in schedule adjusted fantasy points allowed to running backs and 6th to wide receivers in the same stat.

Add this to the fact that the Titans defense is suddenly 20th in DVOA against the pass, and it seems like a great time to feed Henry. That is the best way to attack the opposing defense with the added benefit of keeping the most explosive offense in the league off the field.

What will Arthur Smith do? If the last 2 weeks are any indication, he will come out trying to throw the ball all over the yard. Has he learned his lesson? I’ll let you know about about 12:30 on Sunday afternoon.

• Thanks 1

They beat the Chiefs with Mahomes by leaning HARD on this cat. Guy is so underrated as a football player and in FF

I just want to point out what a bad teammate Henry is.  He didn't even let Dion Lewis touch the ball this week! :P

• Haha 1

Could have been a bigger day. 

Henrys last TD he walked in from the 1 after punishing the defense all the way down the field, KC defense was absolutely gassed, Henry was pooping runs of 8+ yards with regularity in the 2nd half.

Much better example of how to use him except he can handle even more carries per game. 

The Henry haters are noticeably quiet.

• Haha 1

The only folks proven to be able to stop this beast are his own coaches...which they do 2 to 3 times per month.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, edREED said:

They beat the Chiefs with Mahomes by leaning HARD on this cat. Guy is so underrated as a football player and in FF

This is exactly how Indy beat them as well. I believe Mack had 130+ yards rushing.

simply the most misused stud in memory ... we see fringe cats get under utilized, and it's baffling ... but when a cat as flat out beastly as DH is not leaned on every week, it's mind blowing.  yeah. MIND. BLOWN.  BLOOOOOOWN. 

was catching some of that second half yesterday- caught this kid ripping off chunk after chunk ... was becoming quite evident no one on the uddah side really wanted any part of getting punished. 

we always read/post/pontificate about beating a highly potent offense by chewing clock, punishing their defense, and keeping the fireworks on the bench, while clock and spirit are both savagely milked. 

easier said than done, in most cases.  yeah, we saw Mack and Brissket pull it off earlier vs these same Chiefs - a blueprint had been established, but it was really nothing so innovative - it's the preferred method - just not always applicable, as i mentioned already. 

Mack is a shifty bastid, and gutted that one out on a wonky ankle - kudos to the kid.  

but he's not on Henry's level as a punisher.  this is a fudgin' sledgehammer ... was like old time hockey - Eddie Shore!!

great win for those Titans - great for Tanny and DH and Vrabel.   this is the kinda gig that propels a squad forward con mucho gusto!

the bye is most welcome, i'm sure ... but it slices into the momentum they're cresting atm 🤷‍♂️

tl;dr - HENRY BEAST! FEED DA BEAST, WIN TACKLE FOOSBALL GAMES! WIN, WIN - FEED HIM.    

HI, CLEATZ 🙋‍♂️

• Thanks 1