DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

You did see his stats the last 16 games right?

Derrick Henry over his last 16 games: * 319 carries (1st in NFL)
* 1,725 yards (1st)
* 5.41 yards/carry
* 18 rushing TD (1st)
* 20 catches, 221 yards, 2 TD
* 1,946 total yards (2nd)

Steamrolling defenses

Not even 2,000 total yards.  no thanks! 😉

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

I'm lost man.

I love Derrick Henry, I drafted him everywhere and he's my favourite player in the league.

I don't really understand what relevance anything you've said has to what I was saying about PPR as a format.

Well then we are equally confused. You said no thanks to him and you don't get the appeal.  This statement doesn't make sense as he's the 5th ranked RB in PPR. I do understand that RBs that catch passes are very valuable in PPR.  Having said that Henry is usually discounted in PPR due to his lower targets/receptions, which makes him great value when drafting.  You can snag a top 10 PPR RB at a value.  Heck a top 5 RB at a discount.

I don't see how you can say you don't see the appeal. This kid has been on a rampage since mid-season last year when they finally let him loose.  He will likely still be somewhat of a discount next year in PPR.  Jump all over him where you can.  As I have him in 2 keeper leagues I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Well then we are equally confused. You said no thanks to him and you don't get the appeal.  This statement doesn't make sense as he's the 5th ranked RB in PPR. I do understand that RBs that catch passes are very valuable in PPR.  Having said that Henry is usually discounted in PPR due to his lower targets/receptions, which makes him great value when drafting.  You can snag a top 10 PPR RB at a value.  Heck a top 5 RB at a discount.

I don't see how you can say you don't see the appeal. This kid has been on a rampage since mid-season last year when they finally let him loose.  He will likely still be somewhat of a discount next year in PPR.  Jump all over him where you can.  As I have him in 2 keeper leagues I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

OP's post was not actually about Henry, he just used him as an example of why he doesn't like PPR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

OP's post was not actually about Henry, he just used him as an example of why he doesn't like PPR.

Oh my, well that is where I failed, my apologies. I thought he was saying no thanks to Henry in PPR. I misread that.

Henry is a beast! Let's carry on and again my bad.

• Like 1

I was saying no thanks to PPR!

I'd take Henry at first overall next season if I got it. 

• Like 3

Derrick Henry already has 953 yards after contact this year per @PFF. That’s more than any other running back’s FULL SEASON total since DeMarco Murray’s 996 in 2014.

f93b445b-7a06-4699-99e6-30b2eafc8abd-png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Derrick Henry already has 953 yards after contact this year per @PFF. That’s more than any other running back’s FULL SEASON total since DeMarco Murray’s 996 in 2014.

f93b445b-7a06-4699-99e6-30b2eafc8abd-png

see 'em all, and who ranks up there wif KING HENDRY!!1!1! in this post here ...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/740321-way-too-early-rb-rankings-2019/?do=findComment&comment=8926524

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think my original projection of 1,500 total yards and 15 TDs might be on the low side for Hendry this season.

Right now he seems to be more valuable than Alvin Kamara or ezekial Elliot.

Yeah it probably took a little longer than you had hoped, but there's no denying he's a legit RB1. Been an absolute beast lately, and aside from the season long RB1 numbers, only one dud. That was always a concern for me was that he'd be gamescripted out at least a few weeks, and it hasn't happened. Be interesting to see just how high he gets drafted next year. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

moarmoarmoar ... how do ya like it? how do ya like it? 

moar ... moar ... MOAR

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/stay-out-of-derrick-henrys-way/

In his college days on Spanish radio broadcast he was affectionately referred to as: El Tractorcito

Which roughly translates to: "The Tractor" 🚜

6 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

PPR. I still don't get the appeal.

Henry smashes in 150 on the ground.

Someone else barely breaks 40 on the ground but catches 11 passes for a nothing total of yards and it's somehow deemed to be a comparable achievement in fantasy.

No thanks.

The problem is that in non-PPR leagues, the difference between getting one of the [very few] workhorse RBs and not getting them is basically between drafting a championship-level team and not doing so. 

This is especially true in deeper leagues. If you're in an 8-team league, pretty much everyone can get at least one extremely solid RB, defined as "guy who is the workhorse back for his team". But in 12-team or deeper leagues, essentially you get teams that even if they wanted to go RB in the first/second round(s) end up living in RBBC hell with their top RB picks. 

What PPR allows is to have more running backs who actually have value. You might have a 3rd-down / COP back that is actually flex-worthy in a 12-team PPR league, who would be useless in standard and that flex position might as well not even exist. 

18 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

The problem is that in non-PPR leagues, the difference between getting one of the [very few] workhorse RBs and not getting them is basically between drafting a championship-level team and not doing so. 

This is especially true in deeper leagues. If you're in an 8-team league, pretty much everyone can get at least one extremely solid RB, defined as "guy who is the workhorse back for his team". But in 12-team or deeper leagues, essentially you get teams that even if they wanted to go RB in the first/second round(s) end up living in RBBC hell with their top RB picks. 

What PPR allows is to have more running backs who actually have value. You might have a 3rd-down / COP back that is actually flex-worthy in a 12-team PPR league, who would be useless in standard and that flex position might as well not even exist. 

I personally like the 0.5PPR. Rewards some of the pass catching backs and target hog WRs but its not as impacting as 1pt PPR.  Good middle ground. I play both 0.5PPR and standard leagues. I own Henry in both and he's a beast in both!

Having said that I look forward to Henry feasting once again this weekend. He's going to be trucking people....

Honestly if you subtract this joker's yardage and TDs, he hasn't done jack all year. I'm frankly not impressed- and can someone explain the hype?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I personally like the 0.5PPR. Rewards some of the pass catching backs and target hog WRs but its not as impacting as 1pt PPR.  Good middle ground. I play both 0.5PPR and standard leagues. I own Henry in both and he's a beast in both!

Having said that I look forward to Henry feasting once again this weekend. He's going to be trucking people....

This +1  , and 0.5 ppr is the most balanced and perfect way to play fantasy football , in my opinion . I'm telling you Henry is such a beast , people forget that he doesn't even play 3rd downs usually. Imagine if he did , he would put up CMC numbers that's for sure. Henry's pass catching abilities or lack thereof has been overblown ad nauseum . He's not that bad honestly just never gets the opportunities is all   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

Yeah that's cool, except now all the elite runners catch passes as well, so everyone bar one or two throwback players gets a huge stats bump that can potentially reward something meaningless if it doesn't translate into yardage. 

I get that a few years ago it helped create a modicum of balance but the tactical vogue right now is for everyone to be adept at catching the ball if needed. 

At this rate we'll need to have a points per carry stat addition for guys like Henry who don't catch many passes. It's only his other worldly ability that keeps him in the elite bracket!

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

This +1  , and 0.5 ppr is the most balanced and perfect way to play fantasy football , in my opinion . I'm telling you Henry is such a beast , people forget that he doesn't even play 3rd downs usually. Imagine if he did , he would put up CMC numbers that's for sure. Henry's pass catching abilities or lack thereof has been overblown ad nauseum . He's not that bad honestly just never gets the opportunities is all   

Eh - he’s not that good, either. Entering November, he had about a 60% catch rate and three drops.  It’s just not a strong suit of his, and many different coaching regimes have recognized this.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Eh - he’s not that good, either. Entering November, he had about a 60% catch rate and three drops.  It’s just not a strong suit of his, and many different coaching regimes have recognized this.

Just for this I must post him trucking Jalen Ramsey. Makes contact and moves him and other players back 5 more yards lol.

Image result for derrick henry jalen ramsey gif

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Praying for a fantasy playoffs like last year.

Man it is gonna be real interesting in the title week 16 at home v Saints!

I think he's so different than every other RB, that it really doesn't matter whom he faces, but nobody snuffs out the run like NO these days.

Half🤴 x Half🦏 prob eventually breaks thru ⚜️🧱wall

6 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Just for this I must post him trucking Jalen Ramsey. Makes contact and moves him and other players back 5 more yards lol.

Image result for derrick henry jalen ramsey gif

I apologize to King Henry - yes, as ever, he is good at trucking defenders - even guys who straight up quit on their teams.

I have never owned Henry and everytime I play against him he absolutely pulverizes me. Owners expect 180 yards and 2 TD's. Congrats

• Like 1
  • Haha 2