Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was there ever any doubt?

Yeah but take away that 75 yard TD run and he only has 90 yards and a touchdown. 

Other RBs can boost their stats by big 99 yard runs too. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I was thinking more along the lines of them forcing Demarco Murray for 2 years and Dion Lewis last season instead of just catering their run scheme to Henry's strengths. Mariota was really bad too though.

This. A thousand times this. 

I really am amazed it took so long for the Titans to involve Henry more. It is understandable with Vrabel just joining the team last season. But what about the front office and Mularkey coaching staff his first two seasons?

Henry continues to impress me. He is a more patient runner now and really does everything well. Surprised they don't involve him more in the pass game.

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Well, on the positive side it did save Henry’s body a ton of wear and tear. This was really his first year in the NFL getting a bellcow workload. 

Yes but now he is 26 and any contract he signs offseason will  end with him being 30 or 31.  It will be an interesting offseason for him

6 hours ago, sSektor said:

Still can't believe the Titans basically wasted the first 2 years of his rookie contract. He's a locked-in top 5 pick next season.

I doubt he goes top 5 next year in PPR but if he is available at the end of the first, I’m going to snag him. The argument against him will be that he is TD dependent as he isn’t involved in the passing game, but if he’s getting it 20-25 times a game, he’s got a good chance to score each game. 

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I doubt he goes top 5 next year in PPR but if he is available at the end of the first, I’m going to snag him. The argument against him will be that he is TD dependent as he isn’t involved in the passing game, but if he’s getting it 20-25 times a game, he’s got a good chance to score each game. 

End of the 1st? Lol.

38 minutes ago, CooL said:

If he is TD dependent, it is a good thing he led the NFL in rushing TDs while also taking home the rushing title.  All hail King Hendry, Slayer of Patriots!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, CooL said:

Adrian Peterson was consistently drafted in the top 5, heck top 3 even in PPR. He didnt catch many passes, even in his prime.

At this point, Derrick Henry, with his guaranteed 20+ touches a game and GL back, I would grab him top 5-6 next season.

disclaimer: Im not saying Derrick Henry is Peterson. Just the work load and their relative ADPs.

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

There really shouldn't be a game where they don't throw him at least 3-4 designed screens.

It keeps the defense on its heels if nothing else.  The Titans are running downhill or throwing play action and either way, defenses are crashing down to try and disrupt it...and it's still working.  A screen gets behind aggression and punishes you.  When Tannehill is throwing to the play action read accurately and on time, with the space Henry's run-threat creates, the offense is hard to stop.  But it's stoppable with blitzing and aggression.  Work in a screen every other drive and it's damn near unstoppable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

There really shouldn't be a game where they don't throw him at least 3-4 designed screens.

DH career (4 years in NFL) receiving stats: 57 rec, 578 yards, 10.1 average.  5 of those 57 recs went for over 20 yards.

Not to exaggerate too much, but this career receiving usage is roughly 20 minutes of game time for CMC. 

CMC's 2019 receiving stats: 116 rec, 1005 yards, 8.7 average.  7 of those 116 recs went for over 20 yards.

I am not saying that DH will morph into CMC....BUT HELL YES THEY SHOULD THROW THE BALL TO THEIR BEST PLAYER A WHOLE LOT MORE!

I’m excited to watch him destroy The Baltimore defense. The Titans are going to have to run some effective play action to give him room to get momentum, if so he is going to be very difficult to tackle. Let’s go Tenn!

• Like 1
On 1/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, dashoe said:

More importantly HENRY is a UFA and there is an opt out clause in Diones contract for 2020.

So this offseason could offer some new wrinkles in drafting the Titans backfield 😉

So what ur saying is......hes planning a holdout, millenial age is upon us

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Krambone said:

I’m excited to watch him destroy The Baltimore defense. The Titans are going to have to run some effective play action to give him room to get momentum, if so he is going to be very difficult to tackle. Let’s go Tenn!

AJ Brown won't have Gilmore on him this game so the Titans can actually take advantage of play action. But they probably won't win if Henry can't get it going in the 1st half.