DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

Derrick Henry's Highlights vs Ravens (2020)

rpnoAn.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Props to Cleats. I hope he won his league with this horse.

And for Mark "Big Truss" Ingram:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is Leveon Bell still preferred to Henry? Just asking the so called analysts

In his last 8 games played, Derrick Henry has rushed for 1,273 yards and 10 TD's.

In other words, he has become the real-life version of Super Tecmo Bowl's Bo Jackson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cant wait to draft him next year and his knee blowout 

1 minute ago, Savatage79 said:

Cant wait to draft him next year and his knee blowout 

Holy cow, I was literally just about to post this...

After years of fantasy frustration, Derrick Henry is finally an official stud fantasy RB1 heading into 2020. Which, of course, means that he’ll be drafted as such and proceed to get injured week 1, carrying on his legacy of frustration.

These are video game numbers...30/195/1, 34/182/1, 32/211/3. He's the only player in NFL history to hit 180+ rushing yards in 3 consecutive games.

It's the best run of form we've seen from an RB since Terrell Davis. If Derrick Henry takes the Titans into the Superbowl, he'll go into the history books as an NFL legend. Doesn't seem all that unlikely either.

Aside from a pure talent/skill standpoint, a big factor in Henry’s dominance is volume. It seems like there are other RBs who would likely put up video game numbers if they got 30+ carries/game. Durability is obviously a factor, but in this copycat league, I wonder if we’ll see a shift among other teams to try a similar approach with their elite RBs. Also, will wee see a shift toward bigger RBs in general?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Aside from a pure talent/skill standpoint, a big factor in Henry’s dominance is volume. It seems like there are other RBs who would likely put up video game numbers if they got 30+ carries/game. Durability is obviously a factor, but in this copycat league, I wonder if we’ll see a shift among other teams to try a similar approach with their elite RBs. Also, will wee see a shift toward bigger RBs in general?

Yes, I wonder why other RBs can not handle 30+ carry workloads weekly?

They could put up gaudy stats but would probably have aluminum shins and knees by the time they are 30.

Give credit to El Tractorcito

Henry is a throwback to a different era of heavy formations and downhill runners who used size and strength to punish defenders and impose their will. He's a rare breed of RB in today's NFL, where guys rely more on speed and quickness and who are comparatively lighter and slighter of build. He's pretty fast, too, so he could be the most complete player at the position that we've seen in awhile, more of a classic tailback.

With NFL defenses designed to matchup with spread offenses and shut down speedy receivers and shifty ballcarriers in high-volume passing attacks, having a physical beast like Henry is a major advantage against smaller linebackers and safeties. I've been saying for a little while now, I thinkwe're going to witness a renaissance of smashmouth football in the coming years as teams look to counter smaller defensive units that are vulnerable to big linemen and power runners. It's refreshing to watch as a true football fan.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yes, I wonder why other RBs can not handle 30+ carry workloads weekly?

They could put up gaudy stats but would probably have aluminum shins and knees by the time they are 30.

Give credit to El Tractorcito

To be fair, Henry wasn’t able to handle it either for a full season: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derrick-henry-says-hamstring-wont-stop-him-from-playing-in-week-15-vs-texans/amp/

All hail The King!

Ryan Tannenhill: 2 playoff wins, 160 passing yards combined.  This is the formula we've been clamoring for - feed the beast and break that defense by the 2nd half. 

If DHC were the Titans coach, they might be playing for back-to-back rings!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think we might see a shift towards more power/heavy run schemes.  Passing has been all the vogue in the NFL in recent years, and as such, defenses have had to adjust to smaller, faster, nickel type defenses to keep up.  If the defense is putting smaller players on the field, line up and pound it down their throats.  

Predictions against KC? I hope Tenn doesnt go away from Henry if they are down a couple scores early. 

27/175/1

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Predictions against KC? I hope Tenn doesnt go away from Henry if they are down a couple scores early. 

37/247/3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, devaster said:

37/247/3

It’s hard to know if this is a joke prediction base off his last few games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1