Rotoworld.com Forums

Some people just want to hate. Henry is a beast and people still complaining about his catches. It is what it is. He can catch the ball, but its on the offense and play design and the QB to get him the ball.

Henry just set the record for most rush yards in an 8-game stretch by any RB. He can score TDs from anywhere on the field at any given time. First player in NFL history to rush for over 180 yards in 3 consecutive games.

Complaint "He doesn't catch enough passes"

Results: Finished as the 5th ranked RB in PPR and tied for 3rd in 0.5PPR

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was there ever any doubt?

Yeah but take away that 75 yard TD run and he only has 90 yards and a touchdown. 

Other RBs can boost their stats by big 99 yard runs too. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Difference being the target share. Which is 100% of the RB catches in the playoffs, where the games mean more.

Ok.  You said they passed to Henry “more” in the playoffs.  I was just responding to that by saying they had not done so.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's cool, I was responding to your response. 100% target share is "more" than they were passing to him in the regular season.

He hasn’t received a 100% target share from the RB position this postseason.

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Some people just want to hate. Henry is a beast and people still complaining about his catches. It is what it is. He can catch the ball, but its on the offense and play design and the QB to get him the ball.

Henry just set the record for most rush yards in an 8-game stretch by any RB. He can score TDs from anywhere on the field at any given time. First player in NFL history to rush for over 180 yards in 3 consecutive games.

Complaint "He doesn't catch enough passes"

Results: Finished as the 5th ranked RB in PPR and tied for 3rd in 0.5PPR

It’s not a complaint about Henry it’s criticism about the QB/coaching staff. Why would it be a bad thing for Henry to get a few more targets a game?

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It’s not a complaint about Henry it’s criticism about the QB/coaching staff. Why would it be a bad thing for Henry to get a few more targets a game?

I have to assume the coaches have a better idea of what he can handle in the passing game than we do, watching games once a week.

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Usually don't agree with the over the top Henry lovers.  But come on how can you criticize the coaching.  They just beat the Superbowl favorite convincingly.  They should keep doing what they are doing until it doesn't work.  Which I have a feeling will be this game.  Just can't see beating KC with 15 passing attempts.  

PS Dion Lewis had a catch in the Pats game.  So Henry's target share is 75% in playoffs.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol, you said that about Mike mukarkey and Terry Robiskie too...

Are you saying that now pretending that Derrick is the same player now as he was as a rookie?  Just respond to my response, if you would? (Re: “100% target share”)

Edited by BMcP
21 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Usually don't agree with the over the top Henry lovers.  But come on how can you criticize the coaching.  They just beat the Superbowl favorite convincingly.  They should keep doing what they are doing until it doesn't work.  Which I have a feeling will be this game.  Just can't see beating KC with 15 passing attempts.  

PS Dion Lewis had a catch in the Pats game.  So Henry's target share is 75% in playoffs.

I’m talking in general. He hardly had any targets in the regular season and they went 9-7. A few more targets to Henry May open up other receivers. Can’t say anything negative about the performances in the playoffs though. They got through the pats and ravens. If they beat KC and then the NFC team, they probably had the harshest post season schedule ever. 

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I’m talking in general. He hardly had any targets in the regular season and they went 9-7. A few more targets to Henry May open up other receivers. Can’t say anything negative about the performances in the playoffs though. They got through the pats and ravens. If they beat KC and then the NFC team, they probably had the harshest post season schedule ever. 

Understand what your saying and yes they only went 9-7.  But you also have to look at the fact they are 9-2 in games both Tanehill and Henry started.  

22 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Understand what your saying and yes they only went 9-7.  But you also have to look at the fact they are 9-2 in games both Tanehill and Henry started.  

Is that true? Tenn lost weeks 6, 9, 15, and 16 where tanny played and Henry didn’t play in 16. So that would be 10-3?

Damn good. I guess you can’t criticize teams doing well. That’s why I was getting flak for hating on the bears when they went 12-4

Edited by bhawks489
2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Is that true? Tenn lost weeks 6, 9, 15, and 16 where tanny played and Henry didn’t play in 16. So that would be 10-3?

Damn good. I guess you can’t criticize teams doing well. That’s why I was getting flak for hating on the bears when they went 12-4

Tannehill didn't start week 6.

Edited by youngrice
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Tannehill got the job in week 7.

So apparently you dont know what your talking about.

52 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Are you saying that now pretending that Derrick is the same player now as he was as a rookie?  Just respond to my response, if you would? (Re: “100% target share”)

Lol, small wins are still wins for some people.

Dion Lewis one catch lowered Henrys target share to 75% which would still be more than his regular season share.

Thanks for playing.

Henry is passed to more this year and they have gone further in the playoffs than they did when Mike mukarkey was mishandling him with Terry Robiskie as his OC.

Even back then you spoke as if those coaches knew more than an average Joe because they see them in practice. I think some coaches can be arrogant and stubborn and not willing to admit they are not doing something right.

Vrabels 2nd year and he has let Arthur Smith involve him more in the passing game than any of his previous coaches and lo and behold Henry is out here winning rushing titles and being used in the passing game enough for the offense not to be predictable and he is 1 game from the super bowl.

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol, small wins are still wins for some people.

Dion Lewis one catch lowered Henrys target share to 75% which would still be more than his regular season share.

Thanks for playing.

Henry is passed to more this year and they have gone further in the playoffs than they did when Mike mukarkey was mishandling him with Terry Robiskie as his OC.

Even back then you spoke as if those coaches knew more than an average Joe because they see them in practice. I think some coaches can be arrogant and stubborn and not willing to admit they are not doing something right.

Vrabels 2nd year and he has let Arthur Smith involve him more in the passing game than any of his previous coaches and lo and behold Henry is out here winning rushing titles and being used in the passing game enough for the offense not to be predictable and he is 1 game from the super bowl.

Thanks for playing - literally your only point was wrong.  Did you have anything else to add?  😂

They have won one more game in the playoffs than they did under Mularkey.

Edited by BMcP
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Other than Henry is the rushing champion? Nah, that's enough.

😘

I do appreciate your willingness to accept the fact that you were wrong.  Fair play to you.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Not true.  He averaged a target per snap at rate of 23.2 his first two years.  This year he averaged a target for every 25.2 snaps.

Well - I guess that’s “more.”