joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

Just now, bengalfan27 said:

he was on pace for over 4000 yards before broken thumb.

The whole 4,000 yards passing isn’t the big deal anymore, it’s now upper 4,000 yards to over 5,000 yards passing that’s impressive.

Just now, BrianM said:

Man i spent months last year saying Gio was a thing and Mixon was iffy bc of it.   Then the season happened and Gio wasn't really a thing, so I jumped on team Mix and now this?  

Bengals gonna Bengal i guess?

They just lost Rodney Anderson for at least a year.  You can't look at the money in a vacuum.

1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

The whole 4,000 yards passing isn’t the big deal anymore, it’s now upper 4,000 yards to over 5,000 yards passing that’s impressive.

It proves at the very least hes an adequate QB

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

They just lost Rodney Anderson for at least a year.  You can't look at the money in a vacuum.

What if I lost a 50 though?  I gotta check the Dyson to see if i sucked it up by accident

All seriousness, i dont think its a big deal, but a third RB being hurt doesn't really mean you overextend your JAG receiving back.   If he takes a team friendly deal, sure?  But this was a bit much.   Esp for a Bengals team that pinches pennies.   Money to them has to go further than it does on other teams.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

So as Mixon owners. Do we try and sell Mixon? 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Onyx said:

giphy.gif

Hahaha. It’s actually a serious question, because I have Kamara and Carson in my keeper league. Have Julio as WR1. Maybe flip Mixon for a WR1 quality player in my WR2 spot. I’m not sure 

Edited by joebaker23

I know this thread is about Mixon and not Dalton. besides for his rookie season Dalton has been a top 10 fantasy QB every season he's played 16 games

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

It doesn’t matter if Gio is making $2m or $5m per year. He’s still the same player.

@Dreams And Dwightmares Freaking our like Gio magically got a 10 point player rating increase like its Madden. 

It's a new regime and he just got paid money that says the new regime wants to utilize him, which comes at the expense of Mixon. 

$2 M you would've seen 0 care from me. 

If Gio is getting 10 touches a game Mixon is not a top 6 RB that I expected without injuries in front of him. 

Trash offenses that go down 3 scores end of the first half won't have 35+ RB touches to go around. Especially if Gio is the guy playing the 3rd down and hurry up offense role. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

trash offense, weak o-line, no AJ green to start the season and keep teams honest. Could be victim of game script when trying to catch up in the 2nd half, and the bengals will use gio too much on 3rd and passing downs when mixon can play 3 downs

Hard pass

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

trash offense, weak o-line, no AJ green to start the season and keep teams honest. Could be victim of game script when trying to catch up in the 2nd half

Hard pass

Bad guy hopefully getting a bad break. thanks for Parroting my words from last night.

Are these reactions for real? In terms of talent alone, Joe Mixon is a top 5 RB. Gio is a nice enough complement RB, but him getting more money doesn't make him any better of a player. I owned Mixon in as many leagues as I was able last year and did the same this year. No change to his outlook. 

• Like 3

I can see Gio being used more this year on 3rd downs maybe lessening Mixons ppr appeal a tad but if you like him don't let this deter you.

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

What if I lost a 50 though?  I gotta check the Dyson to see if i sucked it up by accident

All seriousness, i dont think its a big deal, but a third RB being hurt doesn't really mean you overextend your JAG receiving back.   If he takes a team friendly deal, sure?  But this was a bit much.   Esp for a Bengals team that pinches pennies.   Money to them has to go further than it does on other teams.  

I don't think it's fair to call Gio a JAG.  He's better than average. I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate the Anderson injury had something to do with the deal getting done when it did.  Bernard is clearly needed for this year and maybe next if Mixon follows the same path as Gordon, Bell, etc.

Mixon is clearly the lead back.  Sure it's fair to wonder if Gio will get more run in games they will be losing, but this re-signing doesn't magically mean Mixon is playing less or will have any meaningful reduction in touches. 

Edited by Magoo

44 minutes ago, Guwop said:

trash offense, weak o-line, no AJ green to start the season and keep teams honest

Which was all true last year and all he did was put up 1500 total yds and 9 TDs and 40+ catches in less than a full season. Yeah pass on that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Well so much for the bellow I thought I was getting. The new regime in Cinci just gave Gio a 2 year / 10.6 M extension. 

That's more than 95% of backs in the NFL. 

95% of the #2 backs you mean? 

I don't know if Cincy will use him more or not but they didn't last year and watching him you see why. That is a lot for a #2 guy but so was McCoy's deal and there's no indicator that he'll be used a lot either. They might but don't read too much into the money.