joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

I was low compared to the consensus on Mixon (due to situation/OL) a month or two ago. Now I find him falling to me at the 2/3 turn and liking the value.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, Guwop said:

trash offense, weak o-line, no AJ green to start the season and keep teams honest. Could be victim of game script when trying to catch up in the 2nd half, and the bengals will use gio too much on 3rd and passing downs when mixon can play 3 downs

Hard pass

David Johnson was a top 10 RB last year with the exact same situation. 

3 minutes ago, kco734 said:

David Johnson outscored Mixon last year. What exactly is your point?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Also, DJ played for arguably one of the worst coaching staffs recently assembled. Mixon is playing for a McVay disciple. 

Edited by Sonny_D

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Joe Mixon is just as talented if not more so than David Johnson and given DJs situation he still performed well. Don’t over think this one 

15 hours ago, kco734 said:

I think johnson is more skilled and his week to week was nothing special. Avoided in my drafts and happy about it. Hopefully mixon's talent can overcome this mess but i think it limits his potential big time. 

15 hours ago, Moonstar81 said:

I was low compared to the consensus on Mixon (due to situation/OL) a month or two ago. Now I find him falling to me at the 2/3 turn and liking the value.

he was still 1st round turn in my drafts situation wasn't good enough for that

On 9/3/2019 at 6:34 PM, bomont said:

Which was all true last year and all he did was put up 1500 total yds and 9 TDs and 40+ catches in less than a full season. Yeah pass on that. 

i will more better top 5 RBs and take a risk on upside. We'll see how he does this year *shrug*

Is anyone handcuffing with Gio? I wasn't before Rodney Anderson was hurt, because I really felt like if anything happened to Mixon, it would be a committee between those two. With Anderson out, if anything happens to Mixon you gotta assume Gio becomes the bellcow he was last year, correct?

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USWAY said:

Is anyone handcuffing with Gio? I wasn't before Rodney Anderson was hurt, because I really felt like if anything happened to Mixon, it would be a committee between those two. With Anderson out, if anything happens to Mixon you gotta assume Gio becomes the bellcow he was last year, correct?

Yep. Gio kind of sucks but he'll probably still have flex value if Joe were to miss time.

• Like 1

I've taken a big gamble on Mixon because he looks like an elite RB talent who is going to be the centerpiece of his offense. Mixon is so much like Lev Bell, just not quite as much talent. They were drafted in the exact same spot in the 2nd round, 48th overall. Bell was more productive in his first two seasons but he was also the bellcow on a stacked offense. Both are fantastic with the ball and use blockers so well. Both have great power and great agility and run with patient, disciplined aggression. The big difference has been their receiving skills, but Mixon has the talent to improve in that area. They will feed Mixon all he can eat and I expect his appetite is nearly bottomless right now, this season. 

270 carries, 50 catches, 1700 total yards, 10 TDs. Solid RB1

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, kco734 said:

For the love of all things can people stop bringing up “DJ was a RB1 so *insert something here.”

They clearly didn’t own him. I’ll repeat for the millionth time. He was a SLIGHTLY better version of Lamar Miller last year. 8-12 points most weeks with a few “blow up” games of 15-20. Only reason he was a RB1 is because of volume and playing every game. He felt absolutely nothing like a RB1.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

For the love of all things can people stop bringing up “DJ was a RB1 so *insert something here.”

They clearly didn’t own him. I’ll repeat for the millionth time. He was a SLIGHTLY better version of Lamar Miller last year. 8-12 points most weeks with a few “blow up” games of 15-20. Only reason he was a RB1 is because of volume and playing every game. He felt absolutely nothing like a RB1.

Are you saying Mixon won’t be a RB1? 

The volume will definitely be there and unless he gets injured he should play every game no? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, his season long ranking is misleading. In reality he was a high end RB2 last year.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, cs3 said:

In PPR? Sure but Mixon finished above DJ in TOTAL yards while missing 2 games with a knee injury. So he also wasn’t completely healthy either.

Jeff Driskel was also under center 6 of those games.

no one will be surprised if Mixon finishes ahead of DJ this year.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Any word on the injury?  What happened?  Was he at least on the sideline?

it was reported not to be serious he was on the sidelines cheering on his team near the end

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seahawks sold out to stop the run and/or they just have a good run defense which is why Red Rocket torched them in the air. Not worried unless it becomes a pattern over the next few games. Offensive line didn’t look particularly bad 

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

I think Bengals will be passing more than running even with a lead.I would sell while you can. I'm saying this as a Mixon owner and a Bengal fan

Maybe, but today's performance isn't gonna get you a great deal.  We'll have to wait for a better result.

Overreaction time. Can’t believe I let these “publications” and projection sites cloud my mind rather than going with my own analysis/feeling. I know it’s only 1 game but I favored Cook over this guy. Better team, 2 years removed from knee injury, addition of Kubiak. I don’t know if I’ll ever learn.

Edited by Sonny_D