joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

Overreaction time. Can’t believe I let these “publications” and projection sites cloud my mind rather than going with my own analysis/feeling. I know it’s only 1 game but I favored Cook over this guy. Better team, 2 years removed from knee injury, addition of Kubiak. I don’t know if I’ll ever learn.

In the same exact boat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bengalfan27 said:

I think Bengals will be passing more than running even with a lead.I would sell while you can. I'm saying this as a Mixon owner and a Bengal fan

One of the joys of owning a guy like Mixon is cause he can catch the ball.  We are completely tossing away the idea that he might be utilized in a similar manner as the Steeler used Bell?  I would go ahead and say that was a pass heavy team as well.  I'm not talking volume either...I'm talking mix. 

We knew it likely wasn't gonna be a great week but this was an absolute nightmare. Horrible stat line AND gets hurt. Seems minor at least. On a positive note if Dalton can throw for 400+ against Seattle without Green it'll at least keep defenses honest. 

Definitely a bad week but at this point, there’s generally a huge drop off in workload opportunity for a replacement to be able to bench him. Just gotta ride this wave I guess.

Also no real good adds on the waiver wire this week for RB, but plenty for WR

Are you asking if Gio will take the job? No.

He has a good history of production when he fills in due to injury, but this offensive line might be an all time low.

Edited by Mr White

2 minutes ago, Mr White said:

Are you asking if Gio will take the job? No.

He has a good history of production when he fills in due to injury, but this offensive line might be an all time low.

You gotta read a couple pages back after Gio was given his extension 

4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You gotta read a couple pages back after Gio was given his extension 

I don't know in what dimension you are right now, but in our dimension Gio is Mixon's backup. His backup contract certainly doesnt say otherwise and the injury Mixon suffered yesterday also contributes to that feeling. The bengals offense being "that good" against the seahawks defense is certainly a excellent news for the Mixon owners

Gio will fill in for Mixon until Mixon is back lol.

If Mixon is healthy, Gio is his backup.

If Mixon is injured and out, Gio is a RB2 for that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egolam said:

I don't know in what dimension you are right now, but in our dimension Gio is Mixon's backup. His backup contract certainly doesnt say otherwise and the injury Mixon suffered yesterday also contributes to that feeling. The bengals offense being "that good" against the seahawks defense is certainly a excellent news for the Mixon owners

So you didn't watch the game, got it. 

Mixon was coming off field often on 3rd downs. He was constantly subbed out for Gio on downs that weren't 3rd downs. Gio played all hurry up offense. Gio even subbed in on a short yardage play. THEN Mixon got hurt. 

This isn't some "nothing to see here guy", this is a legit threat to Mixon value. If Mixon isn't ripping off 50+ yarders this might be a long season. That line couldn't push anything back and Gio was the guy getting the receiving work which is the bread and butter of PPR points. 

Mixon is electric AF when he's given the ball every down, but I'm very scared this is becoming a Jordan howard Bears usage scenario with minimal receiving work, and no OL to open holes, oh yeah... And Mixon is injured now. 

Sky is falling bois, look up and you'll see it with me. The only thing left is to pray for Mixon health and Gios not health. Or the dolphins. Playing the dolphins will fix things too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Mixon was coming off field often on 3rd downs. He was constantly subbed out for Gio on downs that weren't 3rd downs. Gio played all hurry up offense. Gio even subbed in on a short yardage play. THEN Mixon got hurt. 

This isn't some "nothing to see here guy", this is a legit threat to Mixon value. If Mixon isn't ripping off 50+ yarders this might be a long season. That line couldn't push anything back and Gio was the guy getting the receiving work which is the bread and butter of PPR points. 

Mixon is electric AF when he's given the ball every down, but I'm very scared this is becoming a Jordan howard Bears usage scenario with minimal receiving work, and no OL to open holes, oh yeah... And Mixon is injured now. 

Sky is falling bois, look up and you'll see it with me. The only thing left is to pray for Mixon health and Gios not health. Or the dolphins. Playing the dolphins will fix things too. 

I think you're overreacting to 1 game. There's no play here either way, just going to have to see how the next few weeks shake out. 

Not to jinx things but you gotta assume no news is good news on the ankle.

Gio isn't a concern due to his overwhelming talent, it's the fact that Cincy clearly isn't planning on using Mixon as a bellcow. That is devastating for where most people drafted him. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 2

Update: Mixon’s MRI results came back “all good,” source said. He might even have a shot to play Week 2 vs. 49ers. Either way, no extended absence expected. Good news for

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-joe-mixon-all-good-after-injury-could-have-shot-to-play-in-week-2-vs-49ers/

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Don't know if sky is falling but it's not looking as great as you'd think you'd see based on reading a few pages back. O-line is bad and they need AJ green. And when Dalton does have his f--- up games it's gonna get worse for mixon

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not to jinx things but you gotta assume no news is good news on the ankle.

Gio isn't a concern due to his overwhelming talent, it's the fact that Cincy clearly isn't planning on using Mixon as a bellcow. That is devastating for where most people drafted him. 

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-stats-to-know-week-1-2019

This article is saying the exact opposite:

"Giovani Bernard ranks highly in this chart, but Joe Mixon played on 76% of the team’s snaps in the first half (prior to his injury). He saw all six of the team’s carries, both of the team’s targets out of the backfield, and ran a route on 17 of Andy Dalton’s 24 dropbacks before exiting the game. That’s high-end bell cow usage. If this sort of usage continues when he returns, I’ll happily admit I was wrong on Mixon, ranking him as a mid-to-low-end RB1."

• Thanks 2

Immediately regretted it when I hit the draft button on this guy, but about 11-12 backs were gone and I didn’t have a back yet so I went against my better judgement, was really hoping for a good game so I could off him for something. But nobody was biting before they sure ain’t gonna now

6 minutes ago, Suns13 said:

Immediately regretted it when I hit the draft button on this guy, but about 11-12 backs were gone and I didn’t have a back yet so I went against my better judgement, was really hoping for a good game so I could off him for something. But nobody was biting before they sure ain’t gonna now

It is one game, one.

In 2018 he was the leading AFC rusher despite missing two games, don't panic.

• Like 5

Buying where I can. The talent is there and the opportunity will be as well. Gio is what he has always been: a very good 3rd down/receiving back and a solid backup/handcuff when the starter goes down. That’s not going to change now. It’s similar to what his role was when playing behind Jeremy Hill. Mixon is far more talented than Hill ever was too. Nothing to worry about long term IMO.

Edited by Dislimb
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TedStriker said:

"Giovani Bernard ranks highly in this chart, but Joe Mixon played on 76% of the team’s snaps in the first half (prior to his injury). He saw all six of the team’s carries, both of the team’s targets out of the backfield, and ran a route on 17 of Andy Dalton’s 24 dropbacks before exiting the game. That’s high-end bell cow usage. If this sort of usage continues when he returns, I’ll happily admit I was wrong on Mixon, ranking him as a mid-to-low-end RB1."

Very good to see. I just caught a bit of the game but a pretty known poster here said Mixon was getting spelled on a lot of 3rd downs and that's what I saw from the albeit brief time I watched the game. If the stats above continue and the ankle injury doesn't linger I'll take mid to low-end RB1 all day long. 

17 hours ago, TedStriker said:

This doesn't seem right. I guess Mixon was injured earlier in the game than I thought? 

Wasn't Gio there every snap of the 2 minute drill end of first half? 

I don't have the resources or time to fact check these guys. If these statements are all true they're definitely encouraging. I'm not sure I believe them all though