joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Anyone thinks he plays this week?

Zac Taylor seems pretty secretive about things...

Have to wait till the practice reports...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

If he is good to go, anybody confident in Mixon against Niners this week?

If he's playing, he's in my lineup. The only team I'd be wary of starting him against might be the Bears.

• Like 1

first practice is today - will probably hear something late.  Wouldn't surprise me if he sat out but eventually practiced on Friday to play on Sunday.

21 hours ago, youngrice said:

Any injury news on him??  

1 hour ago, twistedude said:

Wondering the same thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wed: DNP

Thurs: DNP

Friday: Limited with Questionable tag

Sunday: Inactive

Bleh.  If he's not practicing at least limited, then I don't think you can start him unless you don't have other options.  Even if he's active, you have to wonder if he's suiting up to play his normal role, a limited role, or even just as a backup.

I would listen to the pregame reports, but if it's nothing more than "Mixon is active", I might pass if I have a healthier option that is somewhat close.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Bleh.  If he's not practicing at least limited, then I don't think you can start him unless you don't have other options.  Even if he's active, you have to wonder if he's suiting up to play his normal role, a limited role, or even just as a backup.

I would listen to the pregame reports, but if it's nothing more than "Mixon is active", I might pass if I have a healthier option that is somewhat close.

I'm glad you have such quality rb4 on your roster many of us dont have that luxury. and if Mixon is active you really going to trust Gio over Mixon

On 9/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, Magoo said:

Looks like he could play this week so massive injury averted.

I'd be stunned if he practices Wednesday or Thursday.  There's no reason to even have him do so.  We won't know anything until Friday in all likelihood.  If it's a limited practice and he's active, we have hard choices on our hands.  (For me I'd probably not want to trust him unless you have little other choice.  But if you have like a Duke Johnson type behind him, decent option but not great, I'd probably use him over Mixon if Mixon is only limited on Friday.)

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:
26 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm glad you have such quality rb4 on your roster many of us dont have that luxury. and if Mixon is active you really going to trust Gio over Mixon

I would think most teams have an RB3 that is suitable to replace him, like a James White or Latavius Murray.  If you don't have at least a decent timeshare back who you should get you 7-10 points, then that means you start Mixon if he's active.  I just don't like the situation.  Been burned way too many times with guys who are active and suit up, but turn out to be emergency backups.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

I would think most teams have an RB3 that is suitable to replace him, like a James White or Latavius Murray.  If you don't have at least a decent timeshare back who you should get you 7-10 points, then that means you start Mixon if he's active.  I just don't like the situation.  Been burned way too many times with guys who are active and suit up, but turn out to be emergency backups.

I would prefer he rest this week. I am rolling out Breida this week.

Walkthrough practice...tough to make too much of this.

not like he's going to have much success running it behind that o-line, which is worse than last years. Mixon better catch at least 4 passes a game

55 minutes ago, Chippa said:

not like he's going to have much success running it behind that o-line, which is worse than last years. Mixon better catch at least 4 passes a game

Some people are happy being miserable.

• Like 1