joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

this reminds me when i owned him his rookie year. always hoping he balls out but its useless with a s---y line facing stacked boxes.

11 hours ago, smeeze said:

He’s going to ball out today, bench at your own risk. 

I have to admit: I was going back and forth between starting and benching Mixon and this post sealed my fate

• Haha 4

I almost want to trade for him, but not sure I would ever feel comfortable starting him.

4 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I was really high on Mixon heading into this being his 3rd season. In addition to the 3rd year I read the new offense was suppose to benefit Mixon's usage on how much they may have to rely on him. Nothing but sour grapes thus far. 

It's funny that we were all so excited CIN has Zac Taylor because he's a McVay pupil and now Mixon looks like Gurley befire McVay arrived

At least last week I had hope that the Bengals offense could be good. Now I see that it will be good...for owners of every other Bengals offensive player

11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

what will you owners sell him for

At this point you can't sell. You've gotta just ride it out unless you're desperate and riddled with injuries.

Trying to determine if he is a buy low or just pure garbage. He’s got the talent and the volume is there. I haven’t watched any Bengals games but it looks like it’s just poor OL play? He hasn’t had much of an Oline for his whole career but he has found success in the past. Any reason for optimism moving forward?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Trying to determine if he is a buy low or just pure garbage. He’s got the talent and the volume is there. I haven’t watched any Bengals games but it looks like it’s just poor OL play? He hasn’t had much of an Oline for his whole career but he has found success in the past. Any reason for optimism moving forward?

Maybe when Green comes back, the field will open up a little more. Him and Gio have the talent, it’s just that the offensive line is putrid. Truly awful. Bad at pass protection, and horrendous at run blocking

i haven't watched any bengals this year, but how can john ross get enough time for these long TD's if the line is garbage?  or are all Ross's just short quick passes and it's after the catch stuff?

Do not sell.  You won't get anything for this guy anywhere close to his 'upside' value.  This guy still has top 5 ability at the position.  Yeah, he could just totally blow the rest of the season but are you really going to trade him for one of the Washington backs, one of the Houston backs, one of the Philly backs, Peyton Barber, Frank Gore, etc. right now?  That would be foolish.

Edited by KennyWoo
I quoted the wrong message; my apologies

24 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Few things working in Mixon's favor yesterday, so this outcome was not surprising. Any time a player doesn't practice all week and then basically a game-time decision, against a formidable defense (49ers are legit), you have to bench him. Next week they play at Buffalo which isn't much easier, but hopefully Mixon will be closer to 100% and worth starting.

The passing offense has shown some great signs, and Mixon will have a break out game sooner than later.  

This reminds of years past when I burned my second pick on duds like D. Martin. Bad team, bad O-line, will be playing from behind most games, in which case Bernard will see more passing down work. Gonna be a long year.

1 minute ago, swetooth9 said:

i haven't watched any bengals this year, but how can john ross get enough time for these long TD's if the line is garbage?  or are all Ross's just short quick passes and it's after the catch stuff?

The seattle game, the o line had it’s moments of protecting dalton well. Ross didnt have a good game againt san fran until it was garbage time. Dalton’s good, but they have the worst run game in the league by far right now, so that makes them super one dimensional. Not a recipe for long term success

5 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

This reminds of years past when I burned my second pick on duds like D. Martin. Bad team, bad O-line, will be playing from behind most games, in which case Bernard will see more passing down work. Gonna be a long year.

This was the case last year and Mixon produced.

I'm just going to have faith right now that it's just a real bad start but things will get better.  Next week is going to be rough as well but hopefully after that, he'll start producing the numbers we drafted him for.

50 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This was the case last year and Mixon produced.

I'm just going to have faith right now that it's just a real bad start but things will get better.  Next week is going to be rough as well but hopefully after that, he'll start producing the numbers we drafted him for.

Was AJ missing to start last year?

Were teams selling out to stop the run as much as they are so far. "Well so and so did this last" isn't making much difference this year

1 hour ago, kretan182 said:

This reminds me of exactly the Doug Martin situation....hate to say it but I'm having flashbacks.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

This reminds me of exactly the Doug Martin situation....hate to say it but I'm having flashbacks.

Mixon is a lot better player than Doug Martin.  Too early to bail unless you get a guy who values Mixon at or near his draft position and not based on recent returns.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Mixon is a lot better player than Doug Martin.  Too early to bail unless you get a guy who values Mixon at or near his draft position and not based on recent returns.

Who's bailing? I'm not bailing. I am prepared to get reemed in the a** all year.

• Haha 7

I don't feel like this is an overreaction to say this is an absolute nightmare for Mixon owners. The one shred of hope is things improve when Green returns. Aside from that he's a low-end RB2 with an extremely low floor. Terrible team, terrible line, some injury history, brutal schedule, Gio, and you'd get pennies on the dollar for him in a trade. Absolutely brutal. 

• Like 2

Guys, it’s been 2 weeks.

The #1 WR is John Ross 

The #1 RB is Austin Eclair

The #1 TE is Mark Andrews

The worst starting (for now) kicker is Adam Vinatieri by a lot. 

• Haha 2

I thought it was Marvin Lewis, but I'm beginning to think it is Joe Mixon. He just may not be that good. Let me clarify, he may not be THAT good, meaning he may not be as good as the expectations were when he was drafted.

• Like 1

And on cue the "it's still early comments come in" it's looking rough until Green returns for reasons already stated and dismissed by some