joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, bomont said:

Mixon is good but he's no Barkley and that OL is pathetic. He's on my bench without hesitation next week. The Bills have a very good D, after some early success on their first drive, Barkley was more or less shut down this week. Don't chase draft pick status.

107 yards on 18 carries (5.94 ypc) 1 rushing TD, 7 targets 3 rec for 28 yards = 22.50 in PPR you call that shut down?

Bills D allowed Bell to score 23.2, and Saquon 22.5. And honestly the Jets & Giants aren't that far of the Bengals

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, egolam said:

107 yards on 18 carries (5.94 ypc) 1 rushing TD, 7 targets 3 rec for 28 yards = 22.50 in PPR you call that shut down?

Read the whole post.  I'll repeat and help a little with formatting...

after some early success on their first drive, Barkley was more or less shut down

So through about 3 1/2 quarters he had 52 yds and no TDs despite them having very limited options on offense. Yeah, I'd call that shut down.

But hey start Mixon if you want. I'm not so there is hope lol

Fellow Joe Mixon owners, is it safe to drop Gio now? I need to steam a defense this week and he is the only one I can give up and feel okay about it. 

Is Joe healthy this week, any reports?

Let’s all pray Andy Dalton gets it together along with this O Line so teams can start respecting the pass. 

Or, maybe Ryan Finley can get the start to change this up 

Is the O-Line getting healthier anytime soon, or is it pretty much as-is for the season? I know a couple guys got banged up this past week... are those injuries long term?

I haven’t watched the Bengals yet this year and really don’t know their O-Lineman very well, other than the poor PFF grades.  

I’m not a Mixon owner, but the owner in one of my leagues desperately needs a position I have excess strength at, so I was considering a buy low offer.  However, reading through the takes on this thread, I’m thinking he might be a stay away.

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Fellow Joe Mixon owners, is it safe to drop Gio now? I need to steam a defense this week and he is the only one I can give up and feel okay about it. 

I would say yes it’s fine to drop him if you need something else. Mixon looked fine other than sucking.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

It's safe to drop Gio. For two reasons, the first being Mixon is healthy, the second being this offense is so pitiful Gio would barely be flex worthy even if Mixon were to get hurt again. 

6 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m not a Mixon owner, but the owner in one of my leagues desperately needs a position I have excess strength at, so I was considering a buy low offer.  However, reading through the takes on this thread, I’m thinking he might be a stay away.

There's very little hope in sight. With AJ being the slim light. The team sucks, the Oline is terrible, and Mixon doesn't see the field when they get down big, which will happen often. Their schedule is brutal. I understand the appeal but it'd have to be a very low-end WR2 for me to even consider it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's safe to drop Gio. For two reasons, the first being Mixon is healthy, the second being this offense is so pitiful Gio would barely be flex worthy even if Mixon were to get hurt again. 

This appears to be the right answer; right now, Gio isn't even cuff-worthy the way this offense is rolling.  He'd be no better than likely other dart-toss pass-catching backs on the wire even if you had to use him.

• Like 1

The best scenario here is wishing that the O line problems can be fixed with coaching and/or a trade. A softer schedule might also help. The catch-22 is that since they rushed for so few yards, both of the Bengal's opponents are top 10 in rushing defense.

37 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

There's very little hope in sight. With AJ being the slim light. The team sucks, the Oline is terrible, and Mixon doesn't see the field when they get down big, which will happen often. Their schedule is brutal. I understand the appeal but it'd have to be a very low-end WR2 for me to even consider it

Thanks... that’s kind of the feeling I’m getting with this situation. Not to migrate into AC forum territory, but [... you did.]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Haha 1

Wed, Sep 18 at 4:13pm

Mixon called his performance through two games "terrible" Wednesday and said that he has to "do some reevaluating," Tyler Dragon of The Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

Analysis: Mixon has rushed for just 27 yards on 17 attempts without a touchdown to start the 2019 season, averaging 1.6 yards per carry. He's also caught five of eight targets for 17 yards without a score. The 23-year-old hasn't received much help from Cincinnati's offensive line, which is dealing with a multitude of injuries, and he isn't in line for an easier time Week 3 versus Buffalo's stout defensive front. On a positive note, Mixon does appear fully recovered from the sprained right ankle that prevented him from participating in most of the Bengals' practices last week.

by Rotowire.com

No idea what to do with him this week. Might bench for a safer option.

Honestly I'm thinking of benching him this week too.  The bills faced Bell and Saquon and they're still the 10th ranked run D.

If I had him, I’d bench him in favor of a guy like darwin thompson. Not joking. Mixon is most likely going to get shut down again. Bills defense is too much for that o-line

He was most people's second pick, and if they went WR first he's conceivably their RB1. I'm as down on him as anyone, but it'd still be pretty tough to bench him (as much as I'd like to). 

29 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He was most people's second pick, and if they went WR first he's conceivably their RB1. I'm as down on him as anyone, but it'd still be pretty tough to bench him (as much as I'd like to). 

[...] If Cincy couldn't run on Seattle or the Niners, why should Buffalo play them any differently? Maybe when AJ comes back things will loosen up, but his numbers right now are ludicrously bad.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

43 minutes ago, Chippa said:

If I had him, I’d bench him in favor of a guy like darwin thompson. Not joking. Mixon is most likely going to get shut down again. Bills defense is too much for that o-line

Literally what I'm thinking of doing.

2 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

im hoping to get aboard this train now 

i think he is a great buy low candidate 

this is what i'm doing...hopefully it pans out long term...don't need him yet

Edited by swetooth9