joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

Just now, kretan182 said:

Rule #1 on draft day: do not waste a second round pick on a RB who plays on a team who will be playing from behind all season and has a putrid offense line.

David Johnson enters the chat

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

David Johnson enters the chat

DJ gets a lot of receptions at least and might sniff the goal line.  Seems like there's just no hope for Mixon.

Edited by ZappB

The really crappy thing about Mixon is he doesn’t get any garbage time stats. It’s always Gio out there late when they are playing catch-up. Would be great if they could stay in some games but they look quite awful.

Just now, ZappB said:

DJ gets a lot of receptions at least and might sniff the goal line.  Seems like there's just no hope for Mixon.

Yea mixon absolutely needs more opportunities in space to make plays

Thank God for the Cards next week otherwise this guy would be a must sit. Not even his fault, the offense is just THAT bad. There's no sugarcoating it, he's gonna be the biggest bust of the first two rounds. 

I don’t own Mixon so not biased but I was thinking of buying low on him. He’s still going to be playable he’s just turned into a matchup based RB. Cardinals next week dolphins week 16 etc. there will be better weeks ahead but he isn’t a set it and forget it RB.

• Like 1

I think you need to start Mixon against Arizona. 

Sooner or later one would hope that Zac Taylor will remember the key to the rams offensive success was using Gurley to his full potential, and always having him as a passing threat. 

Mixon needs to be used the same way. But right now Zac Taylor is obsessed with airing the ball out to the wide receivers play after play. It's not surprising given that Taylor was the qb coach, and so he thinks he can revive Dalton in some way. 

I think in time, he realizes Mixon (and to a lesser extent Bernard ) unlocks this offense. Also, they are now 0-4, chances of playoffs almost nonexistent. Taylor will likely change things up with a view towards next season. 

Don't give up on Mixon just yet. His value is low anyways so no point trading him unless you can recoup low end RB1 value back. 

I do think he's a buy low. 

Edited by potatoetree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, potatoetree said:

Sooner or later one would hope that Zac Taylor will remember the key to the rams offensive success was using Gurley to his full potential, and always having him as a passing threat. 

Mixon needs to be used the same way. But right now Zac Taylor is obsessed with airing the ball out to the wide receivers play after play. It's not surprising given that Taylor was the qb coach, and so he thinks he can revive Dalton in some way. 

I think in time, he realizes Mixon (and to a lesser extent Bernard ) unlocks this offense. Also, they are now 0-4, chances of playoffs almost nonexistent. Taylor will likely change things up with a view towards next season.

The most concerning thing to me is the lack of creativity in the run game or with the running backs in general behind that awful offensive line.  I would hope for Zac to realize that and try to scheme him into space more as other posters have noted, or design plays to take advantage of a DLine's aggressiveness, but instead we see the same simple runs for next to no yards between the tackles.  I am certainly no expert, but it sure doesn't feel like Zac is doing much to set up Mixon for success and instead trying to force the runs and things he wants to do - and then the entire offense suffers because you get 2nd and 3rd and longs all day where that same OL has to hold up in pass pro now.

I'm hoping for better days, but its looking quite bleak right now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kretan182 said:

Rule #1 on draft day: do not waste a second round pick on a RB who plays on a team who will be playing from behind all season and has a putrid offense line.

2018 Saquan Bar.......oh wait, he was a 1st rounder.

You guys remember when folks claimed this was the same situation as last year and that not having AJ or having a trash o-line wouldn't matter? How folks would be foolish to pass on him? 

Offensive line/playing calling is utter garbage and such a waste for a talented back like Mixon. At times last night you could see how frustrated he was with the calls, Dalton barely had any time to throw either. AJG coming back won't change the direction of this team unfortunately.

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

buy low

Well, the price is certainly going to be low.

The only thing I can say for Mixon is the volume continues to be there.  But the situation is bottom 5 in the league right now.

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Well, the price is certainly going to be low.

The only thing I can say for Mixon is the volume continues to be there.  But the situation is bottom 5 in the league right now.

Yea for sure, but thats why id try to buy see how big a discount you can get him, think better days are ahead but cant get worse obv hah

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

2018 Saquan Bar.......oh wait, he was a 1st rounder.

saquon is more talented, already ran with the same team, and was way more productive fantasy wise. Mixon was starting off without AJ green, without the same big play ability, and plays on a team that abandons using him while the giants were gonna run saquon into the ground. Not the same situation at all. Not even close

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Reminder: Bengals play Miami Week 16

Sounds like the Tank For Tua Bowl

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

saquon is more talented, already ran with the same team, and was way more productive fantasy wise. Mixon was starting off without AJ green, without the same big play ability, and plays on a team that abandons using him while the giants were gonna run saquon into the ground. Not the same situation at all. Not even close

The post I responded to.

15 hours ago, kretan182 said:

2018 Saquan fits that description PERFECTLY. 

2018 Saquan - had NOT "already ran with the same team" as he was a rookie.

Did I claim 2018 Saquan "the same situation at all" ????

NOPE.

Just....he was RB who plays on a team who will be playing from behind all season and has a putrid offense line.

Edited by this guy right here

What a frustrating game to watch.

On one drive in the 3rd quarter they started with a Mixon run for 15 yards/1st down. Mixon run for 6 yards. Mixon run for 5 yards/1st down. Hey we're moving the ball well on the ground why don't we keep doing that? Next 4 plays; Dalton sacked for 5 yards / DELAY OF GAME / Dalton incompletion / Dalton sacked for 9 yards / Punt.

This offense has to run through Mixon if they want to win games this season. The problem for fantasy owners is the Bengals might not want that.

• Like 1