joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, psygolf said:

First time I’ve seen a 1st rd grade on Mixon for ‘19

I don't see him moving up there. Like mid to late 2nd

Jonah Williams draft pick is a REALLY NICE upgrade to the CIN o-line. Dude could be an immediate all pro tackle. Definitely helps Mixon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Jonah Williams draft pick is a REALLY NICE upgrade to the CIN o-line. Dude could be an immediate all pro tackle. Definitely helps Mixon.

Agreed. Suprised he slipped that far. He's good.

Yep- I wondered if they might go QB there, but it looks like they'll at least take a year with the main offensive centerpieces still in place.  Not a bad idea.  Its not completely foreign to believe the Cincy offense can be productive under new management.  Adding a trench horse like Williams is only going to help.  Liking Mixon more and more lately, and I would consider him at the end of round 1.  I'm Mixon before LeVeon at this point, and maybe even Conner or DJ.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Yep- I wondered if they might go QB there, but it looks like they'll at least take a year with the main offensive centerpieces still in place.  Not a bad idea.  Its not completely foreign to believe the Cincy offense can be productive under new management.  Adding a trench horse like Williams is only going to help.  Liking Mixon more and more lately, and I would consider him at the end of round 1.  I'm Mixon before LeVeon at this point, and maybe even Conner or DJ.   

I have him 6th at RB at the moment.

Saquan

Zeke

CmC

Kamara

DJ

Mixon

Is how I have it 

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Saquan

Zeke

CmC

Kamara

DJ

Mixon

Is how I have it 

No MG3?  Other than that, no real strong disagreement with that grouping.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BrianM said:

No MG3?  Other than that, no real strong disagreement with that grouping.  

I have injury concerns with him. He'd probably be next.

3 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

Need to grab another in the 2nd.

Jonah Williams + Michael Jordan.  Starting right tackle and guard.  Good ones. 

All aboard. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, dmb3684 said:

Saquan

Zeke

CmC

Kamara

DJ

Mixon

Is how I have it 

Mixon got a better OT, but the only team with less NFL coaching experience is Arizona.  That concerns me.

CmC needs a healthy Newton, and he needs to not get injured....pretty much DJ, when DJ had Arians and Palmer...then got injured.

DJ doesn't have any offensive coaches with NFL experience (DC has 10 years DB, 1 year DC, and 2 years HC experience.  He sucked as a HC, surprise.  He a DBs coach.  HC wasn't a very good college HC?  OC was a QB coach for 1 year?  I don't get it.  This team is a mess.).  All the holes on the offensive line are still there, and they replaced a rookie QB with a NEW rookie QB.  Yeah, no. 1-15?  Suggs is from Arizona and got them to pay his retirement relocation.  That's their only off-season move that makes any sense.

Kamara lost the NFL's best run blocking center to retirement (gave two 2nd round picks to Miami (Rosen trade) so they will have a Center this year), and Sean Payton pretty much invented RBBCs.  I prefer finding the new Ingram.  Also, Brees is really old.  He had a super efficient low scoring 2018 with a great defense.  That trend continues?

Henry is top 3.

Chubb is top 5.

What about Bell?

No Gurley?  Weird?

Conner?

I'd put the over/under for Ingram (BAL) at 3 1/2.  

Edited by jmausen

46 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Mixon got a better OT, but the only team with less NFL coaching experience is Arizona.  That concerns me.

CmC needs a healthy Newton, and he needs to not get injured....pretty much DJ, when DJ had Arians and Palmer...then got injured.

DJ doesn't have any offensive coaches with NFL experience (DC has 10 years DB, 1 year DC, and 2 years HC experience.  He sucked as a HC, surprise.  He a DBs coach.  HC wasn't a very good college HC?  OC was a QB coach for 1 year?  I don't get it.  This team is a mess.).  All the holes on the offensive line are still there, and they replaced a rookie QB with a NEW rookie QB.  Yeah, no. 1-15?  Suggs is from Arizona and got them to pay his retirement relocation.  That's their only off-season move that makes any sense.

Kamara lost the NFL's best run blocking center to retirement (gave two 2nd round picks to Miami (Rosen trade) so they will have a Center this year), and Sean Payton pretty much invented RBBCs.  I prefer finding the new Ingram.  Also, Brees is really old.  He had a super efficient low scoring 2018 with a great defense.  That trend continues?

Henry is top 3.

Chubb is top 5.

What about Bell?

No Gurley?  Weird?

Conner?

I'd put the over/under for Ingram (BAL) at 3 1/2.  

People have different rankings. You don't have to agree.

I'm not touching Gurley this year. He'd have to slip a ridiculous amount and he won't.

Those other guys would be some of the next four guys I'd have ranked.

1: Saquon, Zeke

2: Gordon, Kamara, CMC

3: Chubb, Mixon, DJ, Conner, Bell, Gurley

4: Cook, Fournette, Henry, Damien, Mack

Edited by Lord_Varys

12 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Damien Harris higher than Sony Michel, and higher than Josh Jacobs?

Damien Williams I'm guessing in KC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Damien Harris higher than Sony Michel, and higher than Josh Jacobs?

First day here?

• Haha 1

Anyone else concerned about his schedule? Some notables: Redskins, Seahawks, Bills, Ravens x2, Rams, Jaguars, Pats (+Browns/Steelers if you think they're gonna be alright). 

16 minutes ago, 30Burger said:

Anyone else concerned about his schedule? Some notables: Redskins, Seahawks, Bills, Ravens x2, Rams, Jaguars, Pats (+Browns/Steelers if you think they're gonna be alright). 

No. .  .it's the AFC. . .🤣

Also for fantasy purposes I dont think schedule correlates strongly to fantasy production.  On any given week any NFL defense/offense can play lights out or suck tremendously

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, 30Burger said:

Nah. I dont look at SOS. Projected SOS is usually way off. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, 30Burger said:

Skins could be run upon, granted after some injuries later in the year...

Bills and Hawks could be run upon last year.

Ravens lost a few studs on defense. Like, All-Pros.

Rams isn't great but not too bad a matchup.  Give up a lot to RBs receiving.

Jags -- ask Henry about them.

Pats could key in on him to shut him down, so maybe.

Browns pass D is better than Run D, but yeah it's a tough matchup.

Steelers can be run upon.

Mixon had 4.9 YPC with a s--- OL all year and no Dalton/AJG for half of it...  They improved OL.... He'll be fine.

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts on Ingram? I am probably missing something but didn't the Ravens have a good O Line and the most run heavy team in the NFL? He seems like a pretty solid bet for steady RB2 production to me. Having done zeros research. 

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Re: Mixon, this:

"Jonah Williams + Michael Jordan.  Starting right tackle and guard.  Good ones. 

All aboard. "

Edited by FreakFries

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah. I dont look at SOS. Projected SOS is usually way off. 

The only guy I remember anyone being "but but his schedule" about last year was Davante Adams, and we know how that played out.    If you believe in the player/offense, you dont worry about the schedule, which probably isn't going to go the way you think anyways.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Wow those are some lofty expectations. Do I have the right guy? Jonah the short armed tackle that projected better as a gaurd. Now an all pro tackle as a rookie? How’d he fall out of the top 10?

34 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Wow those are some lofty expectations. Do I have the right guy? Jonah the short armed tackle that projected better as a gaurd. Now an all pro tackle as a rookie? How’d he fall out of the top 10?

Jonah is an upgrade to the Cinn o-line. There’s no argument there. As such, it helps Mixon.

20 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Jonah is an upgrade to the Cinn o-line. There’s no argument there. As such, it helps Mixon.

Billy price (the center) being healthy coming into the season has to help the oline as much as anything as well. He injured his shoulder at the combine wasnt healthy until right before the season. Got hurt during the season as well. Having a full healthy offseason and plenty of reps will help tremendously.

• Like 1