joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, njfoses said:

Nice stat line of folks benches. Hopefully this is a sign of turning it around a bit.

👇

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

👇

He came back in.

6 minutes ago, njfoses said:

He came back in.

Gio was on the sidelines. The point is Mixon benefited from the volume whereas before Gio injury he was only in on 52% of snaps and minimal targets. 🤨

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Gio was on the sidelines. The point is Mixon benefited from the volume whereas before Gio injury he was only in on 52% of snaps and minimal targets. 🤨

I dont know if he benefited from the volume. Mixon only caught 2 passes. The big takeaway from this game is that Mixon has had 2 consecutive good games in tough matchups. It bodes well for his ROS outlook.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont know if he benefited from the volume.

Mixon only caught 2 passes. The big takeaway from this game is that Mixon has had 2 consecutive good games in tough matchups. It bodes well for his ROS outlook.

Mixon had 30 carries where he averages about 15  of course he benefited from the volume and Gio unable to perform. This is not rocket science.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Mixon had 30 carries where he averages about 15  of course he benefited from the volume and Gio unable to perform. This is not rocket science.

I meant the volume he got was not because Gio got hurt.I dont even think Gio has had 10 touches all season so his absence had little effect on Mixon.

Edited by Evincar

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont even think Gio has had 10 touches all season so his absence had little effect on Mixon.

🤣

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

🤣

Oops. Meant 10 touches in a game lol

5 hours ago, affliction said:

Can’t wait to see Mixon with Burrow next year 

If they don't fix that OL it won't matter.

But I so hate that satanic tease Mixon. He TASKS me.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bomont said:

If they don't fix that OL it won't matter.

But I so hate that satanic tease Mixon. He TASKS me.  

We'll start him next week and he'll go for 15 carries, 35 yards, 3 rec, 10 yards.

• Like 1

The question is will he score a rushing TD this season? He has has scored three receiving TDs from 1,1,2 yards out. What are the odds of that? 

15 hours ago, Evincar said:

I meant the volume he got was not because Gio got hurt.I dont even think Gio has had 10 touches all season so his absence had little effect on Mixon.

As has been discussed, it is not the touches Gio has gotten, it has been the fact that he has been playing 40% or thereabout of the snaps...he should be a breather back. Mixon has top level RB talent and is strong enough to handle a big volume like yesterday. It is the only chance Cin has when they field JV type talent at nearly all other positions. 3 targets yesterday is still silly, Mixon has great hands and can run routes as well as many slot WRs.

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

As has been discussed, it is not the touches Gio has gotten, it has been the fact that he has been playing 40% or thereabout of the snaps...he should be a breather back. Mixon has top level RB talent and is strong enough to handle a big volume like yesterday. It is the only chance Cin has when they field JV type talent at nearly all other positions. 3 targets yesterday is still silly, Mixon has great hands and can run routes as well as many slot WRs.

What makes you think the Bengals are actually trying to win games this year?

18 hours ago, affliction said:

Can’t wait to see Mixon with Burrow next year 

Mixon, Burrow, Boyd, maybe a lineman or two...hell they might win 2 or 3 games.  😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Evincar said:

Oops. Meant 10 touches in a game lol

Snaps correlate to touches.  Mixon was on the field for 76% of the snaps and gio 24%.prior to the injury it was Mixon 53% and Gio 45%

Snaps correlate to touches/volume.Snaps = more opportunity to get touches and more touches = more opportunity to produce points.  It's not rocket science.

The Bengals decided to not play catch up in a blow out game through the air with a rookie QB and kept the ball on the ground.  One rb was healthy to carry the load and the other was gimpy and they pretty much sidelined him with a game day decision to play him on reduced snaps. So you can speculate in multiple ways to rationalize Mixon getting an increase in volume of almost 100%. 

The question is will this continue or was it a 1 week deviation from the norm?

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Mixon, Burrow, Boyd, maybe a lineman or two...hell they might win 2 or 3 games.  😂

LOL Burrow would pepper Mixon with targets but yeah this team has holes everywhere  

14 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Actually if they managed to get that OL up to even average they are probably a legit team, even with Dalton. He's never been great but generally been good. Plus Mixon and the WR group...this is not like the Dolphins who have almost nothing.

10 minutes ago, bomont said:

Actually if they managed to get that OL up to even average they are probably a legit team, even with Dalton. He's never been great but generally been good. Plus Mixon and the WR group...this is not like the Dolphins who have almost nothing.

I was mostly kidding, but the Dolphins at least have won two games now.

This is it! The breakout game we've all been waiting for!

RB3 ROS. FIRE HIM UP!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who's planning to use Mixon this week?  Oakland has a horrible pass def DVOA and middle-of-the-pack rush def DVOA.  I'm planning on flexing him over McLaurin for a 0.5 PPR.

1 hour ago, ZappB said:

I'm planning on flexing him over McLaurin for a 0.5 PPR.

McLaurin is borderline droppable with Haskins starting my dude.

2 hours ago, ZappB said:

Who's planning to use Mixon this week?  

I have no choice. I expect a thrashing.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm cautiously optimistic about Mixon ROS. He's never gonna be the RB1 some hoped but I could see him being a solid RB2 from here out. 

• Like 2