joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, darthladys said:

Don’t have twitter. What is on that video?

Dude looks like he's struggling just to walk on the field. Oh lawd.

What a season for Mixon lol. First 8 weeks he is basically useless, kills it down the stretch and then has a stomach flu an hour before the title game. It's never dull. 

• Like 1

I don't think I can chance it.  Meaningless game for the Bungles.  They have no reason to push him.

Just now, dashoe said:

not sure what to make of this either. Looks sort of normal? Like why have him go through with this if he’s about to puke or poop? 

I’m keeping him in. Mid season trade for him got me here. Going to ride. Positivity for the win 

• Like 2

He always has that “lethargic” strut though. Hope that’s what this is. 

Bumped Drake up to my RB2 spot and can either go with Boone or Anthony Miller in my Flex.  Sucks I was really expecting Mixon to have another huge game but I don't see them pushing him if he is still not feeling well.

Wow, I don't know where to take him next year. Is he a top 20 pick with Joe Burrow. It's not like his skills regressed. We knew the cards were stacked against him with their top pick going down. Now he gets the OLman back and a superior QB under center. This should open up running lanes, and for some reason they refuse to get him involved in the passing game consistently. Outside of CMC, Zeke, Dalvin, Kamara (maybe?), and Chubb I wouldn't take a rb over this guy. 

Prob right where he was picked this year imo. People act like andy dalton is will grier and dalton is not that bad. The o line is still trash. mixon not catching 50 passes this year is unexcuseable. I do not think i will fight to own him with a top 25 pick with this offense and coach. I love mixon as a talent but talent can be ruined by a bad environment.  I would take him in the 30 to 40 range and he will never fall that far in drafts. I did not see james conner crashing and burning so at least mixon was more useful than conner this year. 

1 hour ago, isuckatdfs said:

Prob right where he was picked this year imo. People act like andy dalton is will grier and dalton is not that bad. The o line is still trash. mixon not catching 50 passes this year is unexcuseable. I do not think i will fight to own him with a top 25 pick with this offense and coach. I love mixon as a talent but talent can be ruined by a bad environment.  I would take him in the 30 to 40 range and he will never fall that far in drafts. I did not see james conner crashing and burning so at least mixon was more useful than conner this year. 

40 range??? When year in and year out WR’s drafted in the later rounds end up in the top 10 (standard)? To each his own I guess. 

Mixon ain't getting out of the top 15 or the league you are in is full of clueless people. They altered the blocking from last year and as soon as someone outside the org, told them to go back to what they ran at the end of 2018, Mixon started dominating. Knowing stuff like this is how you separate yourself from the redraft ham & eggers.

The first half of this year was a nightmare scenario for Mixon, assuming they draft Burrow it probably can't get worse than it was.  I was too high on Mixon going into this year but after this finish I guess I'll be high on him next year too.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Anybody know how he turned his season around? Did anything change on the offensive line? 

Just the volume. He would get like 5 carries in a game at times beginning of the season

Great finish to the season for this criminal. I hope he gets caught next time he does something stupid and criminal. Guys like him are why people are losing interest in the National Felon League.

8 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Great finish to the season for this criminal. I hope he gets caught next time he does something stupid and criminal. Guys like him are why people are losing interest in the National Felon League.

Not sure how many of these players I would enjoy having a beer with in real life, but to me I see most as just a statistic/asset to win a game.

• Like 1