joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

Yeah, then he has even more value. And what if Eifert.........wait nm lol

1 hour ago, Adp23 said:

What if Andy Dalton and AJ Green stay healthy all year?

I doubt both of them stay healthy for all 16 games, but if they do, Mixon could finish closer to 4 or 5 in points for Rbs

15 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:
16 hours ago, Adp23 said:

What if Andy Dalton and AJ Green stay healthy all year?

I doubt both of them stay healthy for all 16 games, but if they do, Mixon could finish closer to 4 or 5 in points for Rbs

The past 5 years they only managed to both stay healthy one time (2017) and that was still a meh season for them (Dalton 3320/25, Green 1076/8; good, not great). 

Also, I'm not entirely sure it's really related. Barkley and Zeke perform just fine in a meh offense. 

• Like 1

Mixon seems like great value at his ADP - there is definitely big upside in the receiving game too, he's great in this area but just needs to be targeted more. He has been just under 300 yards receiving the past two years, I'm thinking he could double this or at least get to 500.

Losing Jonah hurts, but until we get an update on MG, I have Mixon above him. Also hope he continues to see those catches with a healthy gio. Another change to note is that the ravens lost a lot of key players on D, making his outlook against them a little more optimistic this year

Anderson starting on the PUP.   One less person to spell Mixon.

Bengals sixth-round RB Rodney Anderson (knee) is likely to open the season on the reserve/PUP list.

Anderson tore his ACL two games into his junior season. He was expected to be ready for training camp, but that's not going to happen. Anderson will miss at least the first six games if he lands on PUP but it could allow the Bengals to stash him without using a roster spot. With Anderson sidelined, Trayveon Williams is the favorite for Cincy's No. 3 role.

• Like 1

I'm buying all-in on Joe Mixon this year.  Not gonna be shy about it this year....I meagerly drafted him in one league and meagerly passed on him for Kenyan Drake in another.  Joke is on me (at least in one league).

Oh...btw...do the Bengals still stink like high heaven?

• Like 1

I also like Mixon a lot this year and wouldn't hesitate to take him as my rb1 in the late 1st/early 2nd round if I'm picking at the end of the 1st round.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

If Green is out, what does this mean for Mixon?

I read it is just an ankle sprain. Still doing an MRI to be sure 

50 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

More loaded boxes. 

Edited by The G Man

49 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Well last year on Green’s missed games Mixon’s receiving game didn’t get a huge uptick probably in part that Bernard was there but he didn’t do so poorly rushing either besides week 13 where he had 17 carries for 68 yards which obviously isn’t ideal but he held his own in other games without Green. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I read it is just an ankle sprain. Still doing an MRI to be sure 

Saw that. If Green is indeed missing some time during the season though, hopefully this means more targets for Mixon out of the backfield.

Just now, HarambeLives said:

Well last year on Green’s missed games Mixon’s receiving game didn’t get a huge uptick probably in part that Bernard was there but he didn’t do so poorly rushing either besides week 13 where he had 17 carries for 68 yards which obviously isn’t ideal but he held his own in other games without Green. 

Yeah I’m just hoping Mixon can get more targets if Green misses out. Hoping Mixon can hold off Gio for some passing work haha.

12 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Yeah I’m just hoping Mixon can get more targets if Green misses out. Hoping Mixon can hold off Gio for some passing work haha.

The only problem is they love Bernard and rightfully so, but both have great hands in the passing game. 

Edited by HarambeLives

5 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

The only problem is they love Bernard and rightfully so, but both have great hands in the passing game. 

Not rightfully so. That regime that loved him is gone now FWIW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Not rightfully so. That regime that loved him is gone now FWIW. 

Lol well yes you’re correct: but he’s not a terrible back. 

4 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Lol well yes you’re correct: but he’s not a terrible back. 

He's not terrible, but no part of his game is better than Mixon. His stats are very deceiving. He was a drive killer when he came into games. 

I don't think any back should see as many snaps as a QB, but I'd give that guy significantly less run as a breather back exclusively. 

What I think doesn't matter though I guess. You're right. He's not terrible. 

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's not terrible, but no part of his game is better than Mixon. His stats are very deceiving. He was a drive killer when he came into games. 

I don't think any back should see as many snaps as a QB, but I'd give that guy significantly less run as a breather back exclusively. 

What I think doesn't matter though I guess. You're right. He's not terrible. 

What you think doesn’t matter to the bengals. I’m very much in agreement I wish Mixon was the exclusive bellcow he’s much more talented as you said. 

• Like 1

Bernard is a solid back, but isn't a threat Mixon's workload. The 2017 days of them rotating in are over. But you want a capable backup who can give your RB1 a rest and not kill drives anyway. 

On the A.J. injury; Hoping they give him the rest he needs, so it doesn't become a recurring issue during the season. Even with that injury, it's tough for me to move on from Mixon late 1st early second. Dude ate the end of last season with no A.J. Jeff Driskel as his QB, and a worse of offensive line.

Speaking of oline, I do need Billy Price to get back to camp soon here. He's the second year first-round center who needs to make a leap to as one of the most important players in the zone blocking scheme. Cordy Glenn is still just 29 and an above average LT. John Miller is a huge upgrade over Alex Redmond at RG. And as bad as Bobby Hart was, the new coaching staff had the chance to watch all of his film and decide whether or not he was worth bringing back. They must see something they can work with within the new scheme. The biggest worry position is LG. Boiling had been declining, but was still a better option Westerman (who has been unable to gain any coaches trust thus far in his career, even though he always plays well in-game) and the ex-retiree John Jerry. If Jerry wins that job, it'll probably be a issue spot all year.

18 hours ago, USWAY said:

Bernard is a solid back, but isn't a threat Mixon's workload. The 2017 days of them rotating in are over. But you want a capable backup who can give your RB1 a rest and not kill drives anyway. 

On the A.J. injury; Hoping they give him the rest he needs, so it doesn't become a recurring issue during the season. Even with that injury, it's tough for me to move on from Mixon late 1st early second. Dude ate the end of last season with no A.J. Jeff Driskel as his QB, and a worse of offensive line.

Speaking of oline, I do need Billy Price to get back to camp soon here. He's the second year first-round center who needs to make a leap to as one of the most important players in the zone blocking scheme. Cordy Glenn is still just 29 and an above average LT. John Miller is a huge upgrade over Alex Redmond at RG. And as bad as Bobby Hart was, the new coaching staff had the chance to watch all of his film and decide whether or not he was worth bringing back. They must see something they can work with within the new scheme. The biggest worry position is LG. Boiling had been declining, but was still a better option Westerman (who has been unable to gain any coaches trust thus far in his career, even though he always plays well in-game) and the ex-retiree John Jerry. If Jerry wins that job, it'll probably be a issue spot all year.

Trent Williams wants out of WAS. I wonder if CIN is going to look into scooping him up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jkgeezy said:

Trent Williams wants out of WAS. I wonder if CIN is going to look into scooping him up. 

As a Mixon owner, I am praying this happens.

In my personal experience, losing your top receiver does not necessarily correlate to increased RB production. If anything, it tends to make offenses limited and one-dimensional, allowing defenses to key on particular players and rush the passer. You might see an uptick in RB tagrets, but the quality of targets and overall offensive production usually takes a hit. 

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

In my personal experience, losing your top receiver does not necessarily correlate to increased RB production. If anything, it tends to make offenses limited and one-dimensional, allowing defenses to key on particular players and rush the passer. You might see an uptick in RB tagrets, but the quality of targets and overall offensive production usually takes a hit. 

I think this is right. Generally speaking, less offensive talent is a mixed for a player. Less competition... Less offensive production overall (first downs, time of possession, plays, scores, etc). Someone tweeted out Mixon's production with and without AJG this weekend and it basically was the same... about 5% lower without Green. 

• Like 1