Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Why not the Dolphins lol? Worst case he helps you tank more, best case he’s trade bait if he gets it together. 

This honestly makes the most sense. 

No competitor will sign him. Tanking teams with lots of cap room with the $ to throw around is the only scenario that will work. It’s not like AB is going to take a discount. 

Edited by THall0890

It was idiotic for AB to release that video. It looked like he apologized and was going to play on Monday, then he posted the video and, boom, he's released. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

the fight with Mayock is easier to explain for legal purposes.  What Gruden said and what was reality are 2 different things

So you're just totally speculating. Okay.

6 minutes ago, Komfy said:

It was idiotic for AB to release that video. It looked like he apologized and was going to play on Monday, then he posted the video and, boom, he's released. 

Yea but the issue was them not guaranteeing his money, he was gone regardless of that video or not once they informed him he was week to week

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Komfy said:

He asked to be released. Did you miss that part?

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

because he wasn't getting paid. 

I dont think you can really figure out the series of events based off of when information became public. They happened so quickly that there's a lot of room for error. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So you're just totally speculating. Okay.

whatever you want too believe cool. You don't think Drew and the Raiders hashed this out before he apologized? You don't think they would have told him about this beforehand so he just practices 2 more days and blindside him ok cool whatever you want too believe.

Just now, Jay85 said:

That was probably the main reason. And no one's presented any evidence that the "video" contributed to that. It seems more like the video was a goodbye from Brown already. This is the caption in the video for gosh sakes:

"With all these false narratives antagonizing me, it’s time for me to control my own narrative. Show the world I’m not the bad guy. Show the world you can free yourself from the lies and become your own person. I am not just AB the football player, I am Antonio Brown, the person, who paved a way for himself to be in charge of his own life. Free me!"

It sounds like he's already on his way out at the time he posted the video. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

I dont think you can really figure out the series of events based off of when information became public. They happened so quickly that there's a lot of room for error. 

Yeah but we have AD on social media asking to be released. And posting a video prior to that talking about being set free. My point is it seems pretty clear he was on his way out prior to the video and with the video's release, not as a result of the video. 

9 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

He would have made a lot of money had he still shown up to play.   They didn’t take away his money, just that it wasn’t guaranteed.  If I understand things right, he could still make the entire contract $.  Less the fines.

Edited by K197040

10 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Over-analytical NFL fans:
AB retweets this after being released by the Raiders. The closest NFL city to Vancouver is Seattle. Seattle also wears blue, green, and white. AB IS GOING TO SIGN WITH THE SEAHAWKS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

Mayock is the GM, the state of the team is ultimately his responsibility. Just look at the circus it is right now, that is a direct reflection of his management. He allowed AB to run roughshod over the organization from day one. ABs actions are not Mayock fault, but AB not being held accountable from the start is 100% on Mayock. He's either too weak to be the GM or incompetent.

Huh? Mayock is the only one who’s even been trying to hold him accountable. Gruden and Davis would be happy to let the inmates run the asylum.

NFL coaches are a pretty fraternal group. Dude secretly recorded and publicized a private conversation between him and his head coach. 

Finding a coach willing to overlook this isnt going to be as easy as some are thinking.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Tom Brady is the sleeper in this meme

Haha I thought maybe I was the only one that noticed the Brady cheating pic in this meme.

Edited by Idoolittle

I bet you that people will have bonfires now burning their Brown Raiders jerseys.  Pile them on and let 'em burn.  lol

2 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

NFL coaches are a pretty fraternal group. Dude secretly recorded and publicized a private conversation between him and his head coach. 

Finding a coach willing to overlook this isnt going to be as easy as some are thinking.   

He didn't record Gruden: 🤣

For any of you without a sense of humor, Yes, I know it wasn't Caliendo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Braves16 said:

It’ll be on one extreme or the other. 

There are some terrible coaches in the NFL (like the Raiders) that’ll sign a guy just because. 

Then there’s some really really good coaches such as Belichick and Carroll that would take a shot believing their coaching can make the talent overcome the personality. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He would have made a lot of money had he still shown up to play.   They didn’t take away his money, just that it wasn’t guaranteed.  If I understand things right, he could still make the entire contract $.  Less the fines.

Sure but no superstar athlete is going to play in the NFL without guarenteed money incase of injury