Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

6 hours ago, jwilsonxo said:

I may have missed the nuke. Is this supposed to be offensive? Serious question. Guy is absolutely nuts but these texts are not menacing. Not understanding what the fuss is about here

Apparently you're terrible at drawing conclusions

Imagine looking at the Patriots WRs and thinking Josh Gordon is the receiver you don't have to worry about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

He’s not going to be put on the exempt list because he’s a narcissistic jerk. There’s a massive spotlight on him and the NFL will not be knee jerk here. He may not last the season but there will need to be something bigger to axe him imo.

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Seems like Antonio Brown is going to disrupt the Patriots just like he did the Steelers and Raiders. 

I wonder how badly this will throw them all off. 

Hope they outright can him soon. And I have Brady, but I'd rather see AB finally get what's coming to him. 

So glad he's gone, id rather be 0-2 without him than 2-0 with him

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Seems like Antonio Brown is going to disrupt the Patriots just like he did the Steelers and Raiders. 

I wonder how badly this will throw them all off. 

With that all-time great coach and QB, I doubt this noise does much for their outcomes. Business as usual. As a White owner though, I wouldn't mind seeing AB thrown on the exempt list ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Really unique situation in terms of trade value because he could do anything from WR1 to 0 points ROS and no one really knows what it will be.  I think you just have to hold him and see what happens.

• Like 1

When did the commissioner exempt list discussion even begin? Whatever happened to suspension and the process of appealing said suspension? Both the Brady and Zeke cases were appealed suspensions that were then taken to court. Having it taken to court delays the suspension date. Even if something were to happen to AB, which is highly unlikely unless something really big does drop, I wouldn't expect him to miss games this season.

If we believe AB is toast, I think we should all be looking to trade for Edelman.  His value took a big hit when AB started playing.  Maybe even Gordon.

• Like 2

So many prisoners of the moment. And false narratives by the media. Remember when the media was inaccurately reporting about Bell's situation all of last season up until the trade deadline? The narrative was that Bell had to play to accrue a season towards FA.

• Like 1

His upside is WR1 so it's better to stick with him and hope for the best. Trading him for some waiver wire pickup won't help you win anything.  What a wild ride on the AB train! 

11 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Hope they outright can him soon. And I have Brady, but I'd rather see AB finally get what's coming to him. 

So glad he's gone, id rather be 0-2 without him than 2-0 with him

Really? You'd rather be 0-2 (which the Steelers are) without a shot at the playoffs? I didn't hear a peep out of Steelers fans regarding AB until he wanted out last season. This comes across as sour grapes.

Edited by devaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

I won’t give you any of my wr2s for him. Lockett Boyd mik Williams fitz Jeffrey chark none

Jeffery has been dropped in a few leagues. I’ve just assumed that people with great WR2 depth would try to consolidate points and get the best (potentially) player in a trade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tob said:

His upside is WR1 so it's better to stick with him and hope for the best. Trading him for some waiver wire pickup won't help you win anything.  What a wild ride on the AB train! 

Agree.  AB's value obviously took another shot today, but you're still in the boat of hoping he survives this and produces as a WR1 for you.

I'm more interested now in trying to trade for Edelman or Gordon.  They are on the opposite side of this....if AB gets suspended, their value goes up.  Their owners might be looking to dump them after that last game where AB looked like the alpha, so you might be able to get them cheaper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

When did the commissioner exempt list discussion even begin? Whatever happened to suspension and the process of appealing said suspension? Both the Brady and Zeke cases were appealed suspensions that were then taken to court. Having it taken to court delays the suspension date. Even if something were to happen to AB, which is highly unlikely unless something really big does drop, I wouldn't expect him to miss games this season.

This

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm more interested now in trying to trade for Edelman or Gordon.  They are on the opposite side of this....if AB gets suspended, their value goes up.  Their owners might be looking to dump them after that last game where AB looked like the alpha, so you might be able to get them cheaper.

Yep. Trying to get Josh Gordon. I’m thinking a back end RB2 for him would work. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

This is pretty interesting to me actually.

So...how does it work?  Say NFL says AB will be put on exempt list.  Does AB then have the opportunity to appeal, and must be allowed to continue playing until the appeal is heard?  Or does he immediately get suspended?

I might be wrong but I believe Adrian Peterson was put on the exempt list and could not play effective immediately.  He applied for reinstatement and was denied.  I believe he sat until a federal court overturned the suspension, at which point he could play.

Is this situation different?

29 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Jeffery has been dropped in a few leagues. I’ve just assumed that people with great WR2 depth would try to consolidate points and get the best (potentially) player in a trade. 

Not me I don’t want any part of it. I’m not ever taking hold outs injuries or legal issue players any more

25 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This is pretty interesting to me actually.

So...how does it work?  Say NFL says AB will be put on exempt list.  Does AB then have the opportunity to appeal, and must be allowed to continue playing until the appeal is heard?  Or does he immediately get suspended?

I might be wrong but I believe Adrian Peterson was put on the exempt list and could not play effective immediately.  He applied for reinstatement and was denied.  I believe he sat until a federal court overturned the suspension, at which point he could play.

Is this situation different?

Trying to answer my own question.

It appears that the Zeke and Brady situations did not involve the commissioner exempt list.  Brady's situation played out entirely during the offseason, so there was no need.  Zeke was never put on the exempt list.  He was suspended prior to the season, was granted an injunction so that he could play, and Goodell declined putting him on the exempt list during the season.

So....I think the most applicable scenario is the Adrian Peterson situation.  Once he was on the exempt list, he could not play immediately and missed games.

If this is wrong, someone please correct me so that we have accurate info here.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Yikes.  If you could get even Jeffery for him at this point I think you should pull the trigger.  What a loser this guy is!

Bleacher Report no reporting the NFL is investigating the alleged threatening test message sent by Brown to the woman.

Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Trying to answer my own question.

It appears that the Zeke and Brady situations did not involve the commissioner exempt list.  Brady's situation played out entirely during the offseason, so there was no need.  Zeke was never put on the exempt list.  He was suspended prior to the season, was granted an injunction so that he could play, and Goodell declined putting him on the exempt list during the season.

So....I think the most applicable scenario is the Adrian Peterson situation.  Once he was on the exempt list, he could not play immediately and missed games.

If this is wrong, someone please correct me so that we have accurate info here.

Hunt was also placed on the exempt list last year immediately after the video surfaced and he was suspended later.

Edited by gufomel

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yikes.  If you could get even Jeffery for him at this point I think you should pull the trigger.  What a loser this guy is!

Might be a loser but as a Patriot fan I want him on the field. 

• Haha 1