Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Come on, he's clearly threatening to send the goon squad out.  That kind of behavior is ridiculous.

His own lawyer (who Brown roped into the above group text session) even publically stated "I never advised Antonio to contact her".  His own lawyer clearly wants to distance himself from this behavior.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Come on, he's clearly threatening to send the goon squad out.  That kind of behavior is ridiculous.

His own lawyer (who Brown roped into the above group text session) even publically stated "I never advised Antonio to contact her".  His own lawyer clearly wants to distance himself from this behavior.

What does "send the goon squad out" mean exactly?

I'd say these texts constitute a type of bullying and perhaps harassment. But I don't see him threatening her. 

If she filed charges against him that can be considered witness tampering 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

If she filed charges against him that can be considered witness tampering 

...but she didn't. She gave an interview to Sports Illustrated. She never went to authorities, according to all of the articles I've seen. 

13 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

...but she didn't. She gave an interview to Sports Illustrated. She never went to authorities, according to all of the articles I've seen. 

Civil suit has been filed.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Robrain said:
Come on, he's clearly threatening to send the goon squad out.

If you think there's anything clear about AB's texting, you're delusional.  It's impossible to understand.

The most reasonable interpretation of AB's gibberish is that he thinks this woman is looking for a man to pay for her kids.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Civil suit has been filed.

By the painter? The text messages are to the painter lady who spoke to SI. She filed a civil suit? Haven't heard of that.

Or are you thinking of Britney Taylor, the trainer?

8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

By the painter? The text messages are to the painter lady who spoke to SI. She filed a civil suit? Haven't heard of that.

Or are you thinking of Britney Taylor, the trainer?

Might have gotten my wires crossed on that, not 100% positive without checking.

52 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

What does "send the goon squad out" mean exactly?

I'd say these texts constitute a type of bullying and perhaps harassment. But I don't see him threatening her. 

It's the whole point of an intimidation tactic.  He pulls up a picture of her kids during a conversation with her and tells some shadowy figures to "look into this" right in front of her.  All of us know exactly what he was aiming for by using this tactic in that conversation: intimidating her.

It's not that much more subtle than the blunt way Tyreek Hill chose to phrase it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2019/apr/25/tyreek-hill-son-abuse-case-audio-recording-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Robrain said:

It’s ok, there’s a lot to keep up with. I’ve already checked out on this guy.

9 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

If you think there's anything clear about AB's texting, you're delusional.  It's impossible to understand.

The most reasonable interpretation of AB's gibberish is that he thinks this woman is looking for a man to pay for her kids.

I read that he's asking Eric B to 'check her background' to which Eric B answers 'yes sir will do, send me her info' - WE implying more than one person. If I were the subject of the background, I would assume multiple people were looking into me at the least & likely to pay a personal visit. Given how Aaron Hernandez stuff went down with his little gang of inner circle sycophants....I absolutely would take this as a threat, especially if he brings my kids into it?? Aw hell no.

2 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I read that he's asking Eric B to 'check her background' to which Eric B answers 'yes sir will do, send me her info' - WE implying more than one person. If I were the subject of the background, I would assume multiple people were looking into me at the least & likely to pay a personal visit. Given how Aaron Hernandez stuff went down with his little gang of inner circle sycophants....I absolutely would take this as a threat, especially if he brings my kids into it?? Aw hell no.

Yeah, he couldn't just send a text to his inner circle in a separate series of messages between him, his "private investigators", and his lawyer?  Nah, he's trying to show her he has power and people will say "yes sir" to him because he has the money to pay them, that they'll do his bidding if he decides to say the word.  Any other argument is B.S.

• Like 7

For the first time today I actually thought about dropping him. That's how sick I am about these headlines. It's taking the fun out of fantasy. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

For the first time today I actually thought about dropping him. That's how sick I am about these headlines. It's taking the fun out of fantasy. 

You’re doing it wrong.  This is what makes fantasy fun....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Robrain said:

But that doesn't stop you from posting it . .  . It is incorrect. The painter did not file a suit. The incident happened years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Any other argument is B.S.

*Menacing texts*
"Look into her background history"

He's an idiot, but this is click bait.

Image result for it doesn't matter what you know what can you prove in court law abiding citizen

19 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Just some advice for fantasy football newbies in here. There's a feature called trading, just pull up the player you'd like to get and click on the icon with two arrows. Then, put Antonio Brown on your side.

Hope this helps!

Edited by blabety

6 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Given what we’ve seen in numerous other situations where the Shield goes to great lengths to protect its brand, I don’t quite get what benefit they get in continuing to protect a POS like Brown.

Its because he plays for the patriots.

It was a threat.  The ambiguity here is what kind of threat it was.  It could be -

a. "I know you're a liar and I'm going to fight your lies to the end.  I'm going to investigate you and prove to everyone that you're a bad person." - possibly understandable

b. "You better stop if you know what's good for you.  I have resources that can make your life real bad." - very bad.

I don't know which one it is because I don't know what actually happened and who is telling the truth.  However, in either case, it was dumb.  Even if it was a., the NFL may believe it could have been b. and suspend him.  He should have kept his mouth shut and just done the investigation on his own, and used it to defend himself.

• Like 1

I'm still confused why the commissioner's exempt list is being discussed at all. It is almost like the media attaches itself to the most recent narrative, like Kareem Hunt last season. Completely different cases and situations though.

The right play here now is to let it roll until whatever happens happens. Whatever you get take it as a bonus and you'll feel better about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Drop him then so he can be picked up by a smart owner a couple minutes later.

Regardless of what we think. 

Nfl Is definitely going to suspend him now. This can be interpreted in any way the media wants to. 

I’m for one hoping for a big game this week then I’m trading him. 

He’s not making it easier on himself now. I was so certain he was going to be fine and avoid everything since there was now more evidence. But now he went and did this. I don’t think he threatened her but the media and as well as her are going to view this as a threat. He should have just avoided contact in general. 

Edited by HOF12

He's dumber than hell, but I don't see anything threatening or harassing. But, he should have not done this because the possibility exists that decision makers for the league could view these texts combined with the totality of his behavior to be against the personal conduct policy. The guy just can't keep his finger out of the socket.

If all it takes are ill advised text messages to to get players suspended than I imagine most of the league will end up getting suspended.

• Like 2