Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

26 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

In an interview with ESPN, Antonio Brown said, "I don't even have to play football."

funny, i say the same thing about fantasy football every season... but i keep coming back...

AB's 14 receptions / 185 yards / 2 TDs in week 16 won me a championship... he will rise again. and maybe you can change your avatar back to AB, just won't be in black-and-gold.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXSQValGxtLY1IHi0vIXX

yeah key part of that ESPN interview always gets left off

"Obviously, I want the game, but I don’t need the game. It’s a difference."

I can't find the entire lebron James interview but AB with a blonde mustache makes you wonder if he is going through some emotional/identity issues or is he trolling the public.😜

32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yeah key part of that ESPN interview always gets left off

"Obviously, I want the game, but I don’t need the game. It’s a difference."

I can't find the entire lebron James interview but AB with a blonde mustache makes you wonder if he is going through some emotional/identity issues or is he trolling the public.😜

also, turns out that antonio brown doesn't dye his mustache with blonde being his real hair color, but he does dye the rest of his hair

thumb-166.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

also, turns out that antonio brown doesn't dye his mustache with blonde being his real hair color, but he does dye the rest of his hair

Sadly no one in his camp honestly told him that his new look is on every scale horrible. Even if it was a Halloween costume it would still be terrible🤮

2 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

thumb-166.jpg

He's going for the wilford Brimley look

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He's going for the wilford Brimley look

image.png.4c11541d80674888d19d150f3463e7ac.png

• Haha 1

RW is, as usual, swallowing these likely-agent-leaked reports of teams lining up to trade for Antonio Brown.  Even Denver is interested now.  Blurb writers must be sunny optimists. 

Allow me to express my skepticism.  I will believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

RW is, as usual, swallowing these likely-agent-leaked reports of teams lining up to trade for Antonio Brown.  Even Denver is interested now.  Blurb writers must be sunny optimists. 

Allow me to express my skepticism.  I will believe it when I see it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if nearly every team was interested. Then it depends on the asking price and how many drop out. I would still expect far more than 3 teams to have serious interest though.

47 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

D0yHRI_WkAA-OqC.jpg:large

Seperated at...birth?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

D0yHRI_WkAA-OqC.jpg:large

Image result for cocaine face gif

NBC Denver's Mike Klis reports the Broncos are not interested in trading for Antonio Brown. Klis said he got an "emphatic" no on the matter last week and nothing has changed since. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Broncos were "among the teams who have appeared the most intrigued." The Broncos have a strong need at receiver.

My response?  Duh...

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Savatage79 said:

The point is 9 times out of 10, and this is imho when a person goes thru something like cancer and survive, and do what conner was able to do they develop a greater appreciation for their life and anything they're doing. I mean if you want to get that technical sure we can see how conner turns out but the point is that right here, right now he's a class act and seems to have a more humble approach. If that changes then that is something that is addressed at that time but for now, we absolutely need more guys like him.

Brown and Bell didn't start off to bad but from living here in Pittsburgh I can say they had their antics, and subtle ways early on that made one raise an eye brow. 

Bell has been a dick his whole career. Brown used to be wayyyyy different though 

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Bell has been a dick his whole career. Brown used to be wayyyyy different though 

Brown has always been like this.

Posted (edited)

This guy has become such an unlikable jerk that I don’t want him on my fantasy teams regardless of “value”.

If I’ve learned anything in my 20 years playing this game, it’s that having fun should be the #1 priority, not winning championships. Winning championships can certainly be part of having fun, but with so much out of our control that’s more of a lucky bonus.

I’ll let somebody else have to root for this arrogant, self-centered, buffoon.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

This guy has become such an unlikable jerk that I don’t want him on my fantasy teams regardless of “value”.

If I’ve learned anything in my 20 years playing this game, it’s that having fun should be the #1 priority, not winning championships. Winning championships can certainly be part of having fun, but with so much out of our control that’s more of a lucky bonus.

I’ll let somebody else have to root for this arrogant, self-centered, buffoon.

I don't care about winning the title in my fantasy leagues but I hate losing to specific as-holes in my league and see them win  which means I always try to win the title which guarantees that I have fun. 😱

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I know, it's why I'm annoyed by AB even more. I thought he was a lock to be our main for his whole career... It's all very disappointing 

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

How has Bell been a dick his whole career and how has Brown ever been different?

50 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

How has Bell been a dick his whole career and how has Brown ever been different?

AB used to be nose to the ground, hard worker, no distractions. He just started acting like this over the last few years.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

AB used to be nose to the ground, hard worker, no distractions. He just started acting like this over the last few years.

I correlate his behavior to his increase in social media usage. I think it's easy for todays players to get caught in the echo chamber of social media. years ago they would read press clips in magazines, now they get instant feedback from fans on social media. Magazines  and forming a positive press image for journalists are almost irrelevant to this new era of athlete. Easier to interact with fans direct and be yourself

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He was always a distraction. It just wasn't that noticeable when the team was winning and he enjoyed playing for the Steelers.

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I correlate his behavior to his increase in social media usage. I think it's easy for todays players to get caught in the echo chamber of social media. years ago they would read press clips in magazines, now they get instant feedback from fans on social media. Magazines  and forming a positive press image for journalists are almost irrelevant to this new era of athlete. Easier to interact with fans direct and be yourself

Social media is the worst.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

He was always a distraction. It just wasn't that noticeable when the team was winning and he enjoyed playing for the Steelers.

Nah not like this. Some Steelers fans will confirm I'm sure.

Now Rapoport is saying the Jets are making a push to trade for Brown.  And the RW blurb writer breathlessly opines that "momentum is building" for a trade.

What rot!  Brown's agent is spoon-feeding Rapoport with these transparently self-serving "scoops."  Would any team in their right mind trade for this talented but toxic touchdown-scorer and locker room cancer?  I guess we'll find out...

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now Rapoport is saying the Jets are making a push to trade for Brown.  And the RW blurb writer breathlessly opines that "momentum is building" for a trade.

What rot!  Brown's agent is spoon-feeding Rapoport with these transparently self-serving "scoops."  Would any team in their right mind trade for this talented but toxic touchdown-scorer and locker room cancer?  I guess we'll find out...

What is your agenda against AB and Bell?