Rotoworld.com Forums

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

6 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Agree with the take that if a helmet gets him all screwy, there will be something much more polarizing to the locker room that occurs on this bottom dweller team.

He essentially bailed on the Steelers when they no longer controlled their own destiny for the playoffs.  That could be week 9 in Oakland.

He's a hard pass.

Exactly.  If he is truly willing to quit because of the helmet, then I don't think it would bother him to walk out in the middle of the season if he didn't like the way things were going.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steelers locker room  

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣     

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Pretty sure you can only confirm CTE via an autopsy. 

Also if the NFL did test for CTE then half the players would probably test positive to some degree. It's degenerative and probably varies in severity, so not really much you can do even if they did test for it. 

Fair enough, I wasn’t sure what if any testing was available.

9 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Fair enough, I wasn’t sure what if any testing was available.

I've developed my own non-invasive test.   It's a simple A or B.

Which do you like better?

A ) earning millions of dollars playing football

B ) your helmet

Analysis

Answer A : it cannot be determined if the subject has CTE

Answer B : confirmed CTE

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I heard on the radio today that Brady had one of the old helmets and last year everyone was given a grace period to use it. Brady said something like, I prefer my old helmet but rules are rules. 

Apologies for not having much much info I just thought it was interesting to see Brady not give a s--- about changing 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I heard on the radio today that Brady had one of the old helmets and last year everyone was given a grace period to use it. Brady said something like, I prefer my old helmet but rules are rules. 

Apologies for not having much much info I just thought it was interesting to see Brady not give a s--- about changing 

I did read something about why their situations are different.  IIRC, Brady's old helmet was actually tested and didn't conform to the new standards.  Whereas Brown's helmet (not in production) was ruled out because of the age (not because it was deemed unsafe).

• Thanks 1

As of this moment, it looks like AB isn’t going to be a complete idiot. 

Edit: looks like the whole picture isn’t showing in the post, so in summary AB posted on Instagram that he’s disappointed in the leagues decision but he’s trying to get healthy and excited to get back on the field with his team.

Edited by gufomel

1st series of the regular season.....

Ian Rapoport (2 days later): AB has been diagnosed with a concussion. Looks week to week, however it could be a season ender according to people close to AB. Also, reports surfacing that AB is blaming the new helmet and may sue the NFL.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Brady said something like, I prefer my old helmet but rules are rules. 

Wait: Tom Brady said that?! 😉

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Wait: Tom Brady said that?! 😉

Look for this season's Helmet Gate popping up soon as Brady continues to wear his old helmet with a couple pieces of cardboard taped to the side to make it look like a new helmet.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 2

If he falls much further I don’t think I can avoid drafting him. He’d be a prime candidate to trade halfway through the season when he’s on pace for 110-1200-10, because you can sell him high before he inevitably loses an arm in a tractor accident on purpose to get out of his contract with the Raiders.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, iphone said:

6 consecutive seasons with 100 catches. I think i would take him over AJ Green.

6 consecutive seasons playing with a different and far superior team and QB.

Also taking him over AJ Green isn't saying much.  His ADP has tanked all the way to the 5th round.

I don't know if the term helmet is used over there much the same way it is used over here, but I find myself giggling childishly at the repeated use of the term in various contexts in this thread.

Edited by steevio_uk

This has probably been posted but it still boggles my mind:

According to NFL Network's Michael Silver, after Brown was told he couldn't wear his old helmet, he repainted it and tried to bring it to practice.

However, sometime in the next couple of weeks, Brown once again tried to take the field with his old helmet, which he had since had repainted with colors approximating—but not completely mimicking—the Raiders’ silver-and-black design...

— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) August 9, 2019

I'd love to see the paint job. If he legit tried to pass it off and it wasn't some joke, he must think everyone is an idiot around him to think that would work.  Are we sure he didn't find this helmet in some dumpster in Mount Pleasant and it gave him superpowers?  That would explain his attachment.

tenor.gif?itemid=12392733
Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1