Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

57 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

RW headline making it sound like there is no doubt about his week 1 availability.  Other than the SD doctor someone posted earlier in this thread, has there been any report that his feet will be okay soon?  Have they healed?

23 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

RW headline making it sound like there is no doubt about his week 1 availability.  Other than the SD doctor someone posted earlier in this thread, has there been any report that his feet will be okay soon?  Have they healed?

RW blurbs have been sunnily optimistic, with zero or nearly zero basis, for many years now.  I would put this one in the same category.

• Like 1

What is the recovery time for circumcision?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have a theory.  Apologize if someone already wrote this upthread.

Remember last year's Hard Knocks?  It was focused on the Cleveland Browns.  And what did their most troubled, mentally unstable player, Josh Gordon, do?  He simply could not handle being there, so he left training camp.

And Gordon ended up returning after the show got done filming, was cut, then his cut was rescinded, he got traded to New England, played well for a few games before leaving again.

I think Brown is concocting all these dumb excuses because he does not want to be on Hard Knocks.  And Brown does not want to be on Hard Knocks because he is mental just like Josh Gordon.

Upshot?  Based on this comparison, we might conclude that Brown, being too mentally fragile, will not make it through 2019.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Remember last year's Hard Knocks?  It was focused on the Cleveland Browns.  And what did their most troubled, mentally unstable player, Josh Gordon, do?  He simply could not handle being there, so he left training camp.

And Gordon ended up returning after the show got done filming, was cut, then his cut was rescinded, he got traded to New England, played well for a few games before leaving again.

I think Brown is concocting all these dumb excuses because he does not want to be on Hard Knocks.  And Brown does not want to be on Hard Knocks because he is mental just like Josh Gordon.

Upshot?  Based on this comparison, we might conclude that Brown, being too mentally fragile, will not make it through 2019.

It’s only been two episodes and at the end of last nights, they played it like a triumphed return lol. I think he loves the spotlight no matter where it comes from. But lets see how it plays out.

10 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

It’s only been two episodes and at the end of last nights, they played it like a triumphed return lol. I think he loves the spotlight no matter where it comes from. But lets see how it plays out.

Well I am at a disadvantage since I am not actually watching the show!  Thanks for the update.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well I am at a disadvantage since I am not actually watching the show!  Thanks for the update.

Your not missing much other Abram trying to be the Alpha.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Keep on driving your crazy train to try and prove your hot takes are right.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, devaster said:

Keep on driving your crazy train to try and prove your hot takes are right.

Waitaminnit--I am on my crazy train?  Or is Antonio Brown on his crazy train?  Or are his apologists on theirs?

• Like 1

Man, that gif is hilarious

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Good point. It’s obvious that Brown hates attention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jeremy FowlerESPN

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown is facing a civil lawsuit that alleges that he stiffed a chef's bill of nearly $40,000 during Pro Bowl festivities in 2018.

Stefano Tedeschi -- who goes by the name "The Sports Chef" -- filed suit in Osceola (Florida) County on July 30, claiming that Brown's balance of $38,521.20 remains unpaid.

Brown rented an Orlando-area mansion and hired the chef to prepare food for multiple days, a culinary show and other services for nearly 50 Pro Bowl teammates and many other party guests, Tedeschi told ESPN in an interview Wednesday.

Brown wrongfully terminated the agreement and did not allow Tedeschi to retrieve his equipment and food from the premises, the lawsuit states. A Brown associate told Tedeschi not to make eye contact with Brown on his way out, Tedeschi told ESPN.

13 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I can get behind this but just a slightly different theory. HBO is behind some of the wackiness, AB is about the only reason to watch the show especially after how it ended in pittsburgh. Since AB couldn't be at camp for a bit due to the feet, HBO had him blow the helmet thing out of proportion and threaten retirement to keep viewers engaged and give people a reason to watch without him being there, I wouldnt be surprised if there were not another “outburst” while this is being filmed. 

8 minutes ago, tommy2guns said:

I can get behind this but just a slightly different theory. HBO is behind some of the wackiness, AB is about the only reason to watch the show especially after how it ended in pittsburgh. Since AB couldn't be at camp for a bit due to the feet, HBO had him blow the helmet thing out of proportion and threaten retirement to keep viewers engaged and give people a reason to watch without him being there, I wouldnt be surprised if there were not another “outburst” while this is being filmed. 

AB is also heavily scrutinized where he may not have been several years ago. Any story involving AB will be blown out of proportion and national news. No matter what it is about. That is the nature of the business.

2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Good point. It’s obvious that Brown hates attention.

Brown definitely craves attention, but he also wants to control the narrative.  With Hard Knocks filming, he can't do that.  Do you think he wanted the footage of his young children asking "where Roethlisberger?" getting out there?  I do not.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Guys like AB and OBJ don't run from attention, they seek it. It's all part of building their brand both on the field and off. Does this look like a guy who hates cameras being on him? Most likely scenario, he went to HBO and Hard Knocks exec and asked that they change the show's name to Hardknocks: Antonio Brown saves the Raiders and they declined and he became upset. lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Haha 1

Going off hard knocks the entire show is about AB, and some carr sprinkled in. Nothing about tyrell williams or rb Jacobs. Also Gruden mentions like 5 times how they plan to send ab deep. I see him getting like 160 targets this year. Im buying.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Brown faces lawsuit over unpaid $38K chef's bill

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27388497/brown-faces-lawsuit-unpaid-38k-chef-bill

Looks like Ryan Clark's comment is still ringing true.

Ive been sued over bills like that where the contract said say $15k and the bill is $20k and I refuse to pay and tell them to sue me.

This is just more tabloid nonsense. 

Dont get me wrong, AB is a diva and probably an a**hole to others that he looks down on, but none of this has affected his play on the field ever. Tomlin did that himself.

And Big Ben was and is an IMMEASURABLY worse person than AB, and nobody has concerns about him other than his terrible accuracy last year and injury and age concerns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elroypedro said:

Ive been sued over bills like that where the contract said say $15k and the bill is $20k and I refuse to pay and tell them to sue me.

??? It says that he breached the contract and didn't even allow the chef to retrieve his equipment or food.  And that the chef was told "not to make eye contact" as he left the house.  Huh?  AB is just a diva who thinks he's one of the most admired and most important people on this planet.  38K is chump change to him.  If you're going to invite 50 of your closest NFL Pro Bowl teammates to your house and hire a private chef and have a lavish party because you want to show off, then just PAY THE MAN and don't be an a$$hole.

35 minutes ago, CooL said:

??? It says that he breached the contract and didn't even allow the chef to retrieve his equipment or food.  And that the chef was told "not to make eye contact" as he left the house.  Huh?  AB is just a diva who thinks he's one of the most admired and most important people on this planet.  38K is chump change to him.  If you're going to invite 50 of your closest NFL Pro Bowl teammates to your house and hire a private chef and have a lavish party because you want to show off, then just PAY THE MAN and don't be an a$$hole.

Extortion a common occurrence for athletes. The legal system will handle it.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Extortion a common occurrence for athletes. The legal system will handle it.

For sure.  But it just seems like trouble seems to find this head case more often than the average bear.

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

For sure.  But it just seems like trouble seems to find this head case more often than the average bear.

Trouble follows all these athletes. We just don't hear about it that often unless the player becomes polarizing like AB. Anything related to Gordon or OBJ also gets reported. Where were all the stories a few years ago relating to AB? He has been doing this stuff for years.

2 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Dont get me wrong, AB is a diva and probably an a**hole to others that he looks down on, but none of this has affected his play on the field ever. Tomlin did that himself.

And Big Ben was and is an IMMEASURABLY worse person than AB, and nobody has concerns about him other than his terrible accuracy last year and injury and age concerns. 

My dude ben balled out last year and put all his drama behind himself 8 years ago and became a better man. He played 16 games and threw for over 5000 yards and set a career high for touchdowns. Don’t be disrespectful. 

last few pages have been nonsense it seems.. anyone think hes worth a pick in the middle of the 2nd round.. maybe before keenan but after evans type range? all of the crazy s--- going around is dropping his "value"

• Like 1