Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, buzzkilloton said:

Hes going to fall quite a bit now with all the news. Might actually turn into a value.

Agree with this.

That said, I'm betting he doesn't show up on any of my teams unless he starts falling into the 15-20 range around Cupp, Edelman, Godwin, Jeffrey, etc.  Then I might think about it.  I highly doubt that happens though.  

I just want nothing to do with this guy and way too many red flags for my liking. He's a prima donna that could easily melt down at any second. I wouldn't be surprised if he fakes a concussion at some point this year just so he can cry about his helmet.

Brown's antics combined with Carr just not being very good is something I'm not dealing with this year.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree with this.

That said, I'm betting he doesn't show up on any of my teams unless he starts falling into the 15-20 range around Cupp, Edelman, Godwin, Jeffrey, etc.  Then I might think about it.  I highly doubt that happens though.  

I just want nothing to do with this guy and way too many red flags for my liking. He's a prima donna that could easily melt down at any second. I wouldn't be surprised if he fakes a concussion at some point this year just so he can cry about his helmet.

Brown's antics combined with Carr just not being very good is something I'm not dealing with this year.  

I’m guessing many of you weren’t around when the media blew up every move Terrell Owens made? He was still a top WR despite all the antics. Bottom line is that he was an elite talent. Lots of people doubted him when he left SF for Philly (coincidentally same age (31) as Brown now joins the Raiders.) and put up some pretty massive stats.

Now there’s another top WR talent that gets the headlines, bad press, etc.. with his new team. But just like TO, Brown will thrive because he’s an elite talent. All the media coverage and negative press will have little effect on his actual performance. 

Now is the time to get him if you need a WR1. His value is at an all-time low, and will skyrocket as soon as he’s back on the field.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

I’m guessing many of you weren’t around when the media blew up every move Terrell Owens made? He was still a top WR despite all the antics. Bottom line is that he was an elite talent. Lots of people doubted him when he left SF for Philly (coincidentally same age (31) as Brown now joins the Raiders.) and put up some pretty massive stats.

Now there’s another top WR talent that gets the headlines, bad press, etc.. with his new team. But just like TO, Brown will thrive because he’s an elite talent. All the media coverage and negative press will have little effect on his actual performance. 

Now is the time to get him if you need a WR1. His value is at an all-time low, and will skyrocket as soon as he’s back on the field.

So far I have zero shares of AB in my best ball leagues but I agree with this. His foot seems fine and he isn't going to retire because of a helmet. He just wants attention, especially with Hard Knocks around. 

The reality is that because of Leveon last year everyone thinks these pre-season dramas are all going to last an entire season. 

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

So far I have zero shares of AB in my best ball leagues but I agree with this. His foot seems fine and he isn't going to retire because of a helmet. He just wants attention, especially with Hard Knocks around. 

The reality is that because of Leveon last year everyone thinks these pre-season dramas are all going to last an entire season. 

Media just needs something to talk about. A couple years ago it was Kaepernick. Last year it was Bell. Once they find something they can mine daily they run with it. If AB takes a crap they will report it. As another poster said it was TO 10+ years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

And see Josh Gordon, M Thomas, and Hill as examples of why recency bias is a poor predictive drug.

I'm not going to be the one who drafts him to find out, but deep deep down I have a feeling that all this BS disappears on the first snap of week 1, and AB goes right back to that dominant WR he's always been... within the limits of Carr and the OAK offense at least.

If he fell to the 3rd, I'd have no choice but to take the gamble.  At the early 2nd he's an easy pass, late 2nd it's a decision.  Early 3rd you're struggling for an excuse to avoid him.  After that... I'm not sure you can say no.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I'm not going to be the one who drafts him to find out, but deep deep down I have a feeling that all this BS disappears on the first snap of week 1, and AB goes right back to that dominant WR he's always been... within the limits of Carr and the OAK offense at least.

If he fell to the 3rd, I'd have no choice but to take the gamble.  At the early 2nd he's an easy pass, late 2nd it's a decision.  Early 3rd you're struggling for an excuse to avoid him.  After that... I'm not sure you can say no.

Just not worth it regardless. I think the guy is a total pos, so many other players to have I personally couldn't care what he actually does on the field. But even if he makes it to regular season games that will open a whole new can of issues I'm sure between him and carr etc 

There has never been a more obvious buy in the history of fantasy football than AB at the end of the second round or later. He needs to play to get money. So...

...He’ll play. Every game if healthy. I personally love his relentlessness but I’m weird I guess.

29 minutes ago, devaster said:

Media just needs something to talk about. A couple years ago it was Kaepernick. Last year it was Bell. Once they find something they can mine daily they run with it. If AB takes a crap they will report it. As another poster said it was TO 10+ years ago.

Same with the zeke contact situation.

31 minutes ago, devaster said:

The 24 hour news cycle / channel will always lead to more nonsense than sense. Just another opportunity to profit from actually thinking like an individual. End of rant.

Maybe if he really quits over a helmet  NBA NEXT?

Solution:

1. Take out $15M minimum policy with Lloyd's of London.
  2. Play.
  3. If injured, make your claim.
  4. Lloyd's files for subjugation interest to be reimbursed by NFL.

Done.

5 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

And got suspended mid-season for being a massive Uranus.

6 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Seems disingenuous to act like this helmet nonsense is the only reason for his current draft cost. I would guess this helmet issue has zero impact on how much he costs.

1 hour ago, nromn said:

I would guess this helmet issue has zero impact on how much he costs.

The helmet no. Him leaving practice and acting like a toddler and threatening not to play: yes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

The helmet no. Him leaving practice and acting like a toddler and threatening not to play: yes.

Yeah, that is under the umbrella of the helmet issue. MAYBE that knocks him down a peg, but that is in no way even close to the main concern when drafting him. 

23 minutes ago, nromn said:

Yeah, that is under the umbrella of the helmet issue. MAYBE that knocks him down a peg, but that is in no way even close to the main concern when drafting him. 

the helmet issue is under the umbrella of ABs increasing insanity.    Which is precisely the main concern in drafting him.  

This will likely be a bad team—which should give u major pause with a diva on this level.  

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

And got suspended mid-season for being a massive Uranus.

I was going to say, didnt he miss the superbowl? 

Maybe not the best comparison.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Solution:

2. Play.

Done.

Terrible precedent for the league.  What sports league allows players to wear outdated, unsafe gear as long as they’re insured?   Sillytown 

Edited by Impreza178

The fact that most of you refuse to acknowledge that this is staged is embarrassing. It's a soap opera for men.

They're on Hard Knocks guys!!!............. It doesn't get any more obvious. DRAMA. It's not just for girls anymore apparently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Solution:

2. Play.

Done.

This is not a solution. This is a workplace PPE issue.  In the workplace you don’t get to opt out of using certified protection when you are working in hazardous environment.  Add to that the insurance issues and liability.  Companies are legally responsible for allowing workers to wear substandard protection, no matter how many waivers the worker may sign.  Those waivers don’t mean much in court.

Interesting to see so many people dismissing this as simply news cycle chaff and completely bypassing the possibility that Brown is outright bark-at-the-moon crazy that was covered up by PIT for a few years.

10 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Solution:

2. Play.

Done.

Out of all the bad takes on these forums this might be the worst. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

the helmet issue is under the umbrella of ABs increasing insanity.    Which is precisely the main concern in drafting him.  

This will likely be a bad team—which should give u major pause with a diva on this level.  

I don’t think the issue of the helmet surprises anyone. And you’re right, the insanity is a preexisting condition which everyone realized (if they hadn’t already) is very troublesome once he forced his way out of PIT. 

AB has absolutely no leverage with the helmet issue. It’s a non issue. Everyone already knew he was crazy. 

What is concerning as far as a draft perspective are his severely frost-bitten feet, causing him to miss significant time, along with his um, “personality” combined with him being on a terrible team with a terrible coach with a terrible QB, all of which lead people to believe the situation isn’t likely to age well. And ALL of this was the concern and reasons for his price prior to this helmet issue ever popping up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nromn said:

I don’t think the issue of the helmet surprises anyone. And you’re right, the insanity is a preexisting condition which everyone realized (if they hadn’t already) is very troublesome once he forced his way out of PIT. 

AB has absolutely no leverage with the helmet issue. It’s a non issue. Everyone already knew he was crazy. 

What is concerning as far as a draft perspective are his severely frost-bitten feet, causing him to miss significant time, along with his um, “personality” combined with him being on a terrible team with a terrible coach with a terrible QB, all of which lead people to believe the situation isn’t likely to age well. And ALL of this was the concern and reasons for his price prior to this helmet issue ever popping up. 

Well said-  You’re right.   The helmet merely reminded everyone the risk u take drafting an unstable, Napoleonic diva.  

• Like 1