Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

13 hours ago, thebluntman said:

i still stand by my statement.  just because it's someones profession to make certain "claims"  doesn't mean they are qualified to or have insight, expertise.  this is in every profession all the way up to doctors and lawyers...but anyways keep listening to them

Lol ok bud, I'll come to you for medical advice and law consultations. 

Your argument loses credence for those with any sense of the law of averages and statistics...  Yes, any individual expert could very well be garbage and have prevalent bizarre takes, just like you can run across an outlier s--- doctor or lawyer here or there, but at the end of the day I'm putting my trust in the average ER physician to stitch up my leg over my grandmom just like I'm going to the average lawyer to receive consultation about state law liability and fault of the car accident that put me in the ER in the first place over my next door neighbor...

As I watch Hard Knocks he really seems...

...like guys I've chatted with who play chess in Washington Square Park...

...and sell buds, drink pint bottles of booze, and smoke rock.

• Haha 1

This guy wants to be the next Jerry Rice. He knows he has to put up 1200 yard seasons as a FLOOR to even be in the same galaxy-- and I think that is what drives him. It drove him to be excellent, and it will drive him to perform when he steps on the field. Carr will be the only limitation-- and I think he's good enough to get him the ball. If he's late round 2, early 3? No doubt. Pull that trigger.

• Like 4

I'm back on the Brown team. Amari Cooper was going in the same area of the draft last year. Cooper is good/Brown is elite. Brown is a red zone threat which Cooper was not yet Cooper put up good numbers a few seasons. At minimum I see more Receptions and yards and way more TD's than what Cooper put up.

I am concerned about the Raider offensive line. 

The Raiders are gonna be in plenty of shootouts with KC and the Chargers in their division.

Both sides are petty.  The Raiders shouldn't be asking for trivial amounts of money from their best player.  It's also small potatoes to AB so just STFU and get off of Insta.

With that said, I think he's good value for where you're getting him this year.  He's still a first round talent that you can get in the late 2nd/early 3rd.  He dropped because of the frostbite/helmet issues, both now non-issues, but his ADP never rebounded.

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

That's chump change for him, what a baby

Is that yellow mustache starting to grow back?    

We should start a pool and sell squares for what week AB freaks out and quits lol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting legitimately worried. This guy is a temper tantrum away from just deciding to not suit up, while the organization is getting fed up, too. 

Could see them benching him to make a statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

I'm getting legitimately worried. This guy is a temper tantrum away from just deciding to not suit up, while the organization is getting fed up, too. 

Could see them benching him to make a statement.

Tantrums are my only worry as well. Doubt they bench him but be prepared for some sideline antics if Carr doesn’t throw him the ball enough. 

3 hours ago, jkgeezy said:

Tantrums are my only worry as well. Doubt they bench him but be prepared for some sideline antics if Carr doesn’t throw him the ball enough. 

Agree with this.  He just needs to get his and everyone will be happy.  That being said, I do think either quitting/benching is a legit concern.  Not week 1, but doesn’t seem like it will take much to set him off.  Thought he was good value at 3.1, but now getting s little nervous....

I'm not sure how any one can watch those Hard Knocks episodes and not be concerned with this man's mental health. Media and fans are happy being entertained by it but it's pretty sad watching his grip deteriorate like this. It's not as simple as "he's just a diva" or "he just a rich a$$hole". He has legitimate neurological damage and honestly should retire before he endures another season's worth of hits.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, ponchsox said:

Got him late in the fourth in a 12 team standard money league tonight,

Your boys hit the weed store prior to draft?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

buckle up, we're in for a wild ride

Yup.

Ant clearly off his rocker. I’m guessing no later than week 6 he has a meltdown. Just saw a vid of him catching a pass and throwing ball into fence during practice..not a matter of if he melts, matter of when he melts.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jkgeezy said:

Well, Carr is not Big Ben so he probably shoulda went somewhere else.

He's never complained about this before, right?  Did the Steelers just let him skip meetings and do whatever he wants?  It's like he's not used to being held accountable. 

38 minutes ago, pittsports87 said:

He's never complained about this before, right?  Did the Steelers just let him skip meetings and do whatever he wants?  It's like he's not used to being held accountable. 

I remember a former teammate (forget who) saying he was notoriously late to meetings and generally just went by his own schedule. Tomlin basically gave up trying to keep him in check.

46 minutes ago, pittsports87 said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the absolute slightest, actually.

Lmao I love this for my fantasy team bc the raiders organization is such a bunch of pushovers that they are going to give him whatever he wants and as much targets as he wants. This is going to be a gloriously selfish season for him and that only bodes well for us owners. I could care less about him off field antics   They don’t have the balls to bench him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Lmao I love this for my fantasy team bc the raiders organization is such a bunch of pushovers that they are going to give him whatever he wants and as much targets as he wants. This is going to be a gloriously selfish season for him and that only bodes well for us owners. I could care less about him off field antics   They don’t have the balls to bench him 

Sounds a lot like Amari Cooper and his time with the team.

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Sounds a lot like Amari Cooper and his time with the team.

Except the talent level between them is not even remotely comparable 

1 hour ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Bless

must be why they’ve already fined and warned him  🤔 

Enjoy the half season of spotty production 

• Haha 2

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Bless

must be why they’ve already fined and warned him  🤔 

Enjoy the half season of spotty production 

Wow bro they sent him a letter and said BAD AB BAD BOY!   I’m absolutely scared now. Selling all my shares.   Awww did someone miss out on picking AB. Sorry to hear that bro. Have fun watching him post weekly elite WR1 lines

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Wow bro they sent him a letter and said BAD AB BAD BOY!   I’m absolutely scared now. Selling all my shares.   Awww did someone miss out on picking AB. Sorry to hear that bro. Have fun watching him post weekly elite WR1 lines

I’ve got week 10 open in the AB yellow mustache pool.....   it’s all yours