Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, jccouger said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders are planning on suspending Antonio Brown.

GM Mike Mayock reportedly "got into it" with AB on Wednesday and the team is now planning to suspend their star receiver. The news is the cherry on top of a completely wild offseason from Brown and not terribly surprising considering his public disapproval to being fined for missing practice. It's unclear if the suspension will be for multiple games or perhaps just a portion of the Raiders' Week 1 matchup against the Broncos. Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson are expected to fill out 3-WR sets during AB's absence, while TE Darren Waller could also see an enhanced role.

I mean that bolded part doesn’t really tell us anything new.  We don’t know how long the suspension will be.  But this is just further escalation and a potential precursor for what could come.  Brown doesn’t seem to possess the professionalism to just move on from this when (if) the dust settles.

This dude is a freaking child and needs to be put in timeout so to be speak, It certainly would look weak if they backed off everyone is on their side. Evidently he doesn't have the professionalism to move on nor the mental capacity what a clown.

Edited by NyZD

17 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

EDtuJy9W4AIm2MV.jpg

It’s still technically preseason but I’m glad to see @The 7th Beatles is in mid season form.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It sounds like AB actually tried to get physical with the GM of all people. No way can they suspend him for just a couple quarters. 

3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I mean that bolded part doesn’t really tell us anything new.  We don’t know how long the suspension will be.  But this is just further escalation and a potential precursor for what could come.  Brown doesn’t seem to possess the professionalism to just move on from this when (if) the dust settles.

I wasn't trying to say anything new.

Somebody told me that a suspension has to be at least 1 game, and I'm trying to make a point that a suspension can be anywhere from 1 snap to an entire season.

If Antonio Brown is "suspended" without the Raiders giving a clear timeline, you can't start him, even though he may only miss the first drive of the game. 

• Like 1

LMAO read the GM's wiki right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mayock

Oakland Raiders

On December 31, 2018, Mayock was hired to be the general manager of the Oakland Raiders.[3] One of Mayock's first splashes as general manager was trading for embittered Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown. In his first draft with the team, Mayock used the team's three first-round picks on Clelin Ferrell, Josh Jacobs, and Johnathan Abram. Secretly employed by the Chargers to help ruin the Raiders , despite the fact they don't need any help with Chucky at the helm. He also went 10 rounds with AB in his office. A lot of punches thrown however, business was not boomin'. Mayock is from Meek Mill country. He is tough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Per multiple sources AB problem is directly with Mike Mayock.

Felt disrespected and talked down to. Felt fines were unnecessary. Felt front office didnt have his back during cryo foot issue

Had to be physically restrained in altercation with Mayock yesterday.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1169660512147140608?s=19

Edited by dorwell

The raiders can recoup the entire $30 mill guaranteed, I have a feeling they might release him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Mayock is looking more absurd than AB at this point?  I guess broadcasting wasn't the best preparation for being GM after all...

So that's a yes lol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

that feeling when you’re immediately proven wrong 🤣 

That feeling when he’s going to sit out a series then beast the rest of the way. That feeling when I’ll come back and quote this and laugh my a** off 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dorwell said:

(Brown) Had to be physically restrained in altercation with Mayock yesterday.

Are you sure? Report have it that Mayock was about to lay the smackdown lol

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117ead91c15bfb288fde

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Mayock is looking more absurd than AB at this point?  I guess broadcasting wasn't the best preparation for being GM after all...

quit it with the whole VICTIM shtick ... AB is a punk's punk and a clown's clown. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 5

Just now, NyMetsfan5 said:

That feeling when he’s going to sit out a series then beast the rest of the way. That feeling when I’ll come back and quote this and laugh my a** off 

Nah fam. Face the facts, it’s over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Might be more than a series, boss.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

You think he’s going to miss just a series for attempting to give the general manager a stone cold stunner?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that. 💸💸💸

Rapaport Twitter

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

quit it with the whole VICTIM shtick ... AB is a punk's punk and a clown's clown. 

wonder where Mr.Met is?

I'm not in anyway saying AB is a victim.  He's clearly nuts. But getting and paying AB was Mayock's first big move.  He asked for this.

• Like 1

Just now, dorwell said:

More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that. 💸💸💸

Rapaport Twitter

Lol. this is like a sportstalkbarry tweet.

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

I'm not in anyway saying AB is a victim.  He's clearly nuts. But getting and paying AB was Mayock's first big move.  He asked for this.

That was the mistake he made. The way in which he's handled everything since has seemed pretty damn reasonable to me.

• Thanks 2

Just now, atrium said:

That was the mistake he made. The way in which he's handled everything since has seemed pretty damn reasonable to me.

Publicly calling him out to the media a few weeks ago seemed like a poorly timed choice and more driven by ego.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/raiders-havent-suspended-antonio-brown-yet-and-possibly-wont/

The news that the Raiders are “planning to suspend” receiver Antonio Brown doesn’t mean he’s suspended. It means only that they plan to, and plans can change.

It’s entirely possible that the Raiders have leaked their plans in order to give Brown one last chance to get, as G.M. Mike Mayock put it last month, “all in or all out.”

Mayock has been the bad cop to coach Jon Gruden’s good cop, and as we discussed during Thursday’s PFT Live, good cap/bad cop doesn’t always work. Brown quite likely has been confused by the mixed messages from a coach who supports him and a G.M. who chastises him. Given that the Steelers took a good cop/no cop approach to Brown, it’s the first time he’s ever had to deal with any type of accountability.

Before moving forward on Monday night without him, the Raiders apparently are giving Brown one last chance to conform to their expectations before putting him on the sidelines and, more importantly, voiding his guarantees.

More on that in an upcoming post. For now, the point is this: Until he’s actually suspended, Brown possibly won’t be. Whether he is depends largely on how he reacts to the news that it’s coming.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

He’ll end up on the patriots 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4