Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

I can't comprehend that this guy is willing to lose 30 million dollars in favor of being a nut job egomaniac.. Biggest clown in the league can't go a week without throwing a tantrum. Off topic but he makes Odell and anyone else media people have a problem with look like a saint.

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, JJ1223 said:

With that said, I think he's good value for where you're getting him this year.  He's still a first round talent that you can get in the late 2nd/early 3rd.  He dropped because of the frostbite/helmet issues, both now non-issues, but his ADP never rebounded.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my foot is firmly planted in my mouth

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, dorwell said:

More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that. 💸💸💸

Rapaport Twitter

If this is true...I dunno.  I mean, it's AB and all that, but it actually doesn't sound too bad.  To me and you it does, but this is football.  People screaming at each other all the time.  Yes, it's the GM so that's far worse, but it's just screaming and making a scene.

We'll see what happens when some time goes by and people calm down.

Just now, Iron-cock said:

That seems like wishful thinking
1- Frostbite so he couldn't practice

2- Helmet-gate Parts 1-2-3

3- Posts on twitter an internal memo from his Gm

4- Almost gets into physical altercation with GM

No idea how he doesn't get suspended at this point. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rhg1084 said:

He’ll end up on the patriots 

Just about text my Patriots friend that he's about to get AB hahah

3 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Publicly calling him out to the media a few weeks ago seemed like a poorly timed choice and more driven by ego.

He's the GM. This is the big leagues. I'm all for calling a player out when he deserves it. The Raiders need their front office and coaches to be more like this.

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

If this is true...I dunno.  I mean, it's AB and all that, but it actually doesn't sound too bad.  To me and you it does, but this is football.  People screaming at each other all the time.  Yes, it's the GM so that's far worse, but it's just screaming and making a scene.

This is a parody account. This is all made up drama for the same crowd that worships at the Skip Bayless and Kim Kardashian shrines.

This is literally the 4th or 5th time this thread has COMPLETELY freaked out and said AB was worthless and practically had nervous breakdowns here over helmet and cryo gates.

1 minute ago, m_cox22 said:

What a stupid article. People get paid to write this?

Well it is Florio....

• Like 2

How does his contract work? Can the raiders cut him without too many repercussions? Lot of dead money?

Just now, bhawks489 said:

How does his contract work? Can the raiders cut him without too many repercussions? Lot of dead money?

• Thanks 3

Just now, nonstopfan said:

He's the GM. This is the big leagues. I'm all for calling a player out when he deserves it. The Raiders need their front office and coaches to be more like this.

Agree...he's gotta stand up to bad behavior by a player, or everyone on the team's gonna think they can get away with murder.

Having said that, it just sounds like nothing more than a tantrum that will blow over.  This is football.  Actual fights break out on the practice field and they just break it up.  I just wonder how much discipline they will impose on him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

But doing so publicly?  It kind of adds unnecessary fuel to the fire and makes him look desperate.  At the very least, it doesn't look like it's having the intended effect.

Agree...he's gotta stand up to bad behavior by a player, or everyone on the team's gonna think they can get away with murder.

Having said that, it just sounds like nothing more than a tantrum that will blow over.  This is football.  Actual fights break out on the practice field and they just break it up.  I just wonder how much discipline they will impose on him.

Bigger issue is how Antonio Brown responds to any suspension.

Schefter has already insinuated that the Raiders are looking to recoup the 30 mill, and can, by voiding the contract if they can prove conduct detrimental to team. This is like Strike 7 so its possible he's gone. It's also the Raiders so who knows.

21 minutes ago, jccouger said:

I wasn't trying to say anything new.

Somebody told me that a suspension has to be at least 1 game, and I'm trying to make a point that a suspension can be anywhere from 1 snap to an entire season.

If Antonio Brown is "suspended" without the Raiders giving a clear timeline, you can't start him, even though he may only miss the first drive of the game. 

You don't suspend a player for a quarter.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any suspensions being a quarter.   Just mentions that a player would be disciplined for the game.  

The fact that they announced it like they did tells me it's more than that.

I'm not sure but I'd think that term carries a specific definition.  And it wouldn't apply to sitting out part of a game.

Edited by K197040

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

14M would accelerate to this year, so it would be like 29M in dead cap room.  I don’t know how the suspension voiding Guaranteed money works.  That might make it a lot easier.

• Thanks 1

Wishful thinking says this is basically a message to AB "Get on-board right this minute, or you will lose 30 million ******** dollars and be out of a job".

19 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

The raiders can recoup the entire $30 mill guaranteed, I have a feeling they might release him. 

Not only that but operating under the premise all off-season that AB is your stud and how his salary and guarantees tied up the salary cap. Now if he's released, raiders look like 3-13 2-14. Mayock gruden gone next year 

10 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I see what you are saying, but there's a boiling point. You forgot to add that he skipped out on training camp as well because of the helmet issue, abandoned his teammates and said that he would retire as well because of the helmet issue. This is in addition to the prolonged foot issue which was sustained due to negligence on his part. Also add the the Instagram issue AND now this. Also, when you confront leadership like that, it becomes a respect issue in the locker room if leadership doesn't act on it.

Look at it from the Raiders perspective. This was supposed to be the year that they start to move in the right direction. Where the focus is back on winning. This off-season has been anything but that and its because of their most talented player. 

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2